This week's Closed Beta session is open!
It will be closed next Monday, August 6th at 5:30PM CEST.
Note that squad mode isn't available yet as we're running some last tests. It will be added in the Beta later today.
If you haven't received a key, don't worry as we send more regularly. Make sure you're registered for the Beta here to receive your key.
What to expect from the Beta?
We continue to improve the game based on your feedback from the previous Beta session and we're happy to let you play the latest version of the game in development. Our main priority is ironing out the server issues to ensure a smooth experience for all players.
Please find below this week's changelog:
- Greatly reduced the freeze when jumping from the helicopter.
- Fixed a bug where weapons were not being automatically equipped after attaching to the evacuation rope.
- Fixed a bug where a downed member of a squad would remain attached to the evacuation rope. Now the squad member will fall off the rope and take fall damage, further reducing the time their team mates have to revive them.
- Improved corpse rag doll animations.
- Improved the visualization of when a character is pushed by a vehicle.
- Fixed a bug where characters with broken legs were still able to sprint.
- Fixed a bug where taking damage wasn’t interrupting the health regeneration effects from consumables.
- Fixed a bug which allowed players to shoot without delay between bursts.
- Fixed a bug where players were able to reload while sprinting.
- Fixed a bug when you were able to change weapons without leaving ADS.
- Updated the window breaking mechanic. Now players can throw grenades through windows.
- Fixed a bug where sometimes doors would have different states between the client and server. This caused some players to be blocked by open doors and some to pass through closed doors.
- Improved rain effects increasing the intensity of the wet landscape.
- Fixed a bug that occasionally resulted in the cause of death not appearing on the death screen.
- Small fixes in the lobby's UI.
Quick reminder that the this Beta isn't covered by a NDA, meaning you can share videos, images and info about the game this week. Keep in mind that it's a work-in-progress version of the game, and players may encounter bugs or crashes, that may lower the quality of the in-game experience.
We’d love your help in identifying these bugs, so that we can make the Early Access release version of Fear The Wolves the best that it can be.
Please join the Fear The Wolves official Discord to synchronize with the team and testers.
Where can I share feedback?
Please report technical issues and general feedback on the Fear The Wolves official Forums. Before submitting feedback on the forums please check if there is an existing thread about the topic, or if it is listed in our known issues log.
When providing feedback please try to be as informative as possible, providing information on where and when the issue occurred.
We look forward to seeing you on the servers!
Fear The Wolves Team