Console Stability Update
Community Manager

Hey Coaches,

We're pleased to release a stability update for Blood Bowl 2 on PS4 and Xbox One!

This update should vastly improve the stability of the game. On PS4, you might notice a slight performance decrease and some rare light issues, we are currently working on fixing these as soon as possible, but we decided that stability was the priority for now.

0_1513770820679_BB2LE_LOGO_HALFLINGS_SCREENS06.jpg

Thanks for all the feedback and reports we received on the forum, it's been very helpful to deliver this patch. Keep them coming, we're very interested in having your feedback about the new stability!

You'll find the patch note below:

• The game now properly erases obsolete data in old singleplayer leagues.
  • To reduce the size of the save files (causing stability issues if too big), the number of singleplayer and eternal leagues is now limited to five.
  • Better replay compression.
  • Fix of an issue preventing from using the market place with a controller.
  • Maximum number of replays saved is now 32 (128 before).
  • Fix of some AI blocking issues.
  • A Ball & Chain player can't use Multiple Block anymore.
  • Overall improvement of the game stability.
last edited by Netheos

@netheos I have had the stability issue crop up again right after I downloaded the patch. It may have been the data from last night, so I deleted and reinstalled after the 10:00 am maintenance started. I purchased the Legendary upgrade earlier today. After delete and reinstall, the problem persists. I hope the patch works today.

Community Manager

@handlebar said in Console Stability Update:

@netheos I have had the stability issue crop up again right after I downloaded the patch. It may have been the data from last night, so I deleted and reinstalled after the 10:00 am maintenance started. I purchased the Legendary upgrade earlier today. After delete and reinstall, the problem persists. I hope the patch works today.

Sorry it's not totally clear, have you played the game since the update and had the issue?

Hello... it looks there are any issues.... i´ve just reinstaling the game again to prove.
I´ve found that there is no images in the shop for many items (star players, shirts...)
Morg Skin in the game is not the premium... I don´t undertand why?
Also many player were showed in blue in the rosters... like it weren´t loaded or something like that.
Yesterday I played only one game and it was with a combined team a the vampires, when they were bloodlust didnt´feed and get off the pitch...
Lets see how run the game this days

last edited by psicodani76

@netheos I was able to load up after I deleted and reinstalled my user data. I had no difficulties logging on today. 😀

I was unable to create a new Eternal League last night, I was told that I had reached the limit, but I don't have any, so there's nothing for me to delete (any teams I had in solo leagues were deleted ages ago, and I don't see a place to delete solo leagues, if this is something that has to be done separately from just deleting the teams). I'm on PS4.

last edited by RupertPupkin
Focus Team

We're investigating this, sorry for this issue

It still seems to be impossible to make a bid for a player on the ps4. It just says action impossible whenever I try to place a bid!

Have you fixed the issue of the eternal league not saving?

I don't know if this is the correct thread to post this on, but there also seem to be some issues with bombadier, when throwing bombs now. I had one game where the bombadier failed a dodge and was stunned, but appeared to be just standing in the same square. (But if you clicked on that square it was empty, but I could still click on him, by clicking what appeared to be the (empty) square he had failed to dodge into.) Also, more troublesome is that in numerous games the game simply freezes for ages and then you just see the results of throwing a bomb. - Not getting chances to reroll bombs when thrown etc.

When can we download on PS4? My games solo in eternal league tend to crash at the end when the coaches experience is about to be displayed. So far, the game data has been saved . I have lost a couple games midgame which of course was frustrating.
I checked PS4 for boodbowl updates 2 days ago hoping for a patch then found this article today.
The game is great just needs to be stable !
Having league leaders in eternal league would be awesome too and all time greats hall of fame .

Community Manager

@thimblewi said in Console Stability Update:

When can we download on PS4? My games solo in eternal league tend to crash at the end when the coaches experience is about to be displayed. So far, the game data has been saved . I have lost a couple games midgame which of course was frustrating.
I checked PS4 for boodbowl updates 2 days ago hoping for a patch then found this article today.
The game is great just needs to be stable !
Having league leaders in eternal league would be awesome too and all time greats hall of fame .

Hi, the update arrived on consoles two weeks ago. What you described seems to be different from the standard stability issues it fixes. Could you send an email to support@focus-home.com to help us investigate about your issue? A short description of the issue will be useful and we might ask you some files.

@snakehips said in Console Stability Update:

Have you fixed the issue of the eternal league not saving?

Bump

i am still having the issue on xbox one where none of my solo leagues work as i apparently have the maximum simulations allowed despite only having two teams has there been any mention of this before and if so is there a possible future patch?

Community Manager

@tgspro69 said in Console Stability Update:

i am still having the issue on xbox one where none of my solo leagues work as i apparently have the maximum simulations allowed despite only having two teams has there been any mention of this before and if so is there a possible future patch?

Yes, it's a known issue due to the last patch. The team is working on a fix to be released as soon as possible.

@netheos cheers that is good to hear thanks for the reply

Community Manager

@tgspro69 said in Console Stability Update:

@netheos cheers that is good to hear thanks for the reply

Have you deleted you saves (including in the cloud) after the last update? It might be the issue. It won't delete your teams, only your singleplayer league progression.

Hi Focus!
I am new to the blood bowl experience having just purchased the game for ps4 just about xmas time 2017. What an awesome concept! I love the game mechanics and themes. I'm having some stability issues that are pretty frustrating.
I like to play the game in offline eternal league mode. At the end of each game there is a screen where you receive experience points as a coach. For me this screen appears 1 out of every 3 games. Or the screen will appear briefly before the ps4 shows an error message and closes the program. I get the error message crash about 40% of the time.
When I restart blood bowl my progress has been saved 9/10 times. Last night it failed me though, I had fought a long hard game to a draw (which as you know these games take over an hour sometimes.) When I loaded the game my progress had not been saved.
I believe that i'm still receiving the experience points , fan fare and earned gold but sometimes I receive no gold. even after winning a game and I'm not sure if that is because of a low dice roll or what. Am I supposed to earn gold every win?

Blood Bowl is a wicked game but , it's a serious time investment. I just wish that it were solid in terms of stability.

If were talking wishes though here are a few other suggestions for your consideration,
  1. Off line eternal  league  leaders / hall of fame and stat tracking could be improved/ expanded to create a more immersive experience. 
   2. Break association with american  football. This game is more like Calcio Storico than american football.  Just let it be it's own thing.
    3. Coach/ create a player function. I know a person can edit the name of any given player that you purchase, but it would be so much fun if there were a mode where you create your own aspiring star player . A "franchise player.|" to build the team around.  Then play them in eternal leagues as long as they live and when they die. They go into a morgue / hall of fame screen where they are listed amongst the league greats.

The game crashed again last night after a wicked victory and failed to save progress. Is it more stable on pc? I love the game but this is so frustrating . The error code is (CE-34878-0). 

Is the game more stable on pc?

@netheos yes i tried those steps but it was still the same result

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.