Hello, and welcome to the Insurgency: Sandstorm Pre-Order Beta 1.
We're really happy that you're joining us here, and would like to let you know of some issues that we're currently aware of, in this build of the game.
- Character Customization: For any players that were present in the Closed Alpha please delete your profile.sav in the below location: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Insurgency\Saved\SaveGames\Profile
Otherwise you may experience character body parts disappearing or showing two cosmetic options at once.
- Interface: Profile system is not fully in and therefore might show incorrect stats.
- Interface: After having ended a Matchmaking match, Credits gained from said match will not initially update in the Player Appearance screen
- Interface: Steam party system is Work In Progress.
- Interface: Skin tone changes to Dark/Black on Ragdolls.
- Interface: Recap system is Work In Progress.
- Interface: After having ended a match, Credits gained from said match will not be updated in the Character Customization menu.
- Performance: Maps haven't been fully optimized yet, framerate may be low in certain areas.
HLOD distance is now affected by the users “Effects Quality” setting in the video menu. Lower settings should provide increased performance at the cost of some minor visual fidelity.
- Performance: Magnified scopes will lower framerate when the player looks through them. So please set your scope to Low in the setting menu if you have a lower spec machine
- Anticheat: Your anti-virus may sometimes cause our anti-cheat software to crash, which will make the game unable to launch. You can refer to the dedicated support page: https://www.easy.ac/en-us/support/sandstorm/guides/antivirus/
- Fire Support: Occasionally when encountering buildings or the environment, IED Drones will get stuck.
- Sound: Gun fire sound may cut out in specific conditions.
- Sound: Guns mounted on vehicles gunshot sound effects may remain in the vehicle's spawn area.
- Vehicle: Guns mounted on vehicles may desynchronize or dismount from its vehicle in certain conditions.
- Vehicle: Vehicles have erratic physics under certain conditions.
- Visual: Particle effects will go through buildings.
- Visual: Going through a Smoke Grenade will cause the screen to flicker.
- Visual: When spawning in after loading a scenario, weapon handguard can be seen floating above the character's view.
- Visual: Car engine smoke/fire may not appear in online play.
- VOIP: Local VOIP cannot be heard by nearby clients.
- VOIP: Team Radio VOIP is likely to cut-off mid-sentence.
- Interface: Some loading screen appear white on occasion.
- Interface: Localization string appears on loading screen.
- Interface: When loading into a coop match, players may see a versus loading screen.
- Interface: First person view camera may not properly initialize if a player respawns while in the loadout selection room. If this happens, press escape to re-center the camera.
- Achievement: Wallbanger can be obtained via direct hits on random occasions.
- Animation: Some interactions may have missing or incomplete animations.
- Animation: Resupplying while using a Foregrip will reset the character's hand to the "normal" holding animation.
- Attachment: Currently equipped Grenade Launchers will be displayed and usable when picking another weapon.
- Fire Support: The UI will prompt players to pick up grenades dropped by Grenade Drones, though this is not possible.
- Gameplay: On occasion the player may crash during the insertion on a checkpoint level.
- Gameplay: Players will be able to respawn indefinitely on Push until they enter and exit another spawn area.
- Gameplay: On thin surfaces / walls, character models can poke through and get shot.
- Gameplay: Restricted areas will not prevent players from planting/throwing explosives.
- Interaction: Destroyed/unhinged doors will not synchronize with clients that joined the server after the door has been destroyed.
- Interaction: Doors may be invulnerable against rockets under certain conditions.
- Interaction: Can't throw grenades after opening a door.
- Oilfield Firefight West map: Bravo UI is inside the building, whereas the capture zone is outside.
- Spectator mode: After Map Transitions, Spectator UI will not initialize properly.
- Visual: 3rd person models for Binoculars displays the knife.
- Visual: 3rd person model for the Mine is missing when held in hand.
- Visual: 1st person textures on weapons may glitch out when player has M3 rocket launcher.
- Visual: An item (gas mask, grenade) may appear below player's legs sometimes.
- VOIP: Default volume is very low compared to other audio sources.