Optimization issues

The optimization is pretty bad, my 1060 can hardly run it on low, i hope they fix it.

Yeah bud, your not alone. i got a gtx 18080 and alough i can play on very high, i was only getting 60fps when i should be getting way more. But the stuttering and lag really sucks. Hopefully they can patch it for release so it plays smoothly.

Can you elaborate on the issues you are having? Because I am having some severe issues myself, the game is unplayable. I have 8700K with 32gb, and 1080SLI. I am going to disable the SLI to see if I can fix the choppy/stutter I get. Also it seems like every time an enemy yells out there is a stutter in my game, so it could potentially be a sound issue that's causing my stutter. I am still diving into the issue. Anyone else with high end rigs having issues?

YES the Optimisation is very poor! no better than the closed alpha at all!

i have a 6700k @ 4.5ghz, 16gb 3000mhz ram and a GTX 1080 and the game stutters and is more than often under 60fps regardless of graphics settings.

i have tried all the usual Nvidia settings and tweaking that has good results with other unreal engine 4 games but nothing helps.

sometimes the FPS goes down as low as 35 fps and the GPU usage is never at maximum! it hovers around 30 to 40 GPU usage which was very common when pubg first started.

GPU is not being used to its fullest at all times even after setting windows and nvidia settings to maximum performance.

i really do hope that the full release solves this issue and we dont have to wait nearly 6 months for to a year for optimisation to come like all the other non-Epic games that use UE4

Same here. As far as I can tell, the majority of players are having performance issues, hopefully they have enough time to smooth the game out before release.

Known Issue:
Performance: Maps haven't been fully optimized yet, framerate may be low in certain areas.

Check this thread
https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/27143/insurgency-sandstorm-known-issues

I am also having major optimizations issues as well. It' comes with every game when it's launched in beta, and it will slowly be ironed out.

The game, at least at present, is a memory hog...mine would not even load a match w/8GB RAM until I upped my vRAM by a couple GB.
Try adding this parameter to your "SET LAUNCH OPTIONS" in the Steam game properties:
-lowmemory

My game does run smoother using that parameter....the overall RAM usage for the game (depending on map, since it has to load those assets) dropped by half a GB. It's still around 4GB usage when playing, so 16GB of RAM is, I think, recommended. BTW my vid card is a 1050 2GB.

last edited by Mamba

@facknrite said in Optimization issues:

Known Issue:
Performance: Maps haven't been fully optimized yet, framerate may be low in certain areas.

Check this thread
https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/27143/insurgency-sandstorm-known-issues

It's low for me in almost all areas and it drops way lower in firefights.

@mcfosat What are your computer specs?

@mcfosat What are your computer specs?

i5 4460
R9 290
8 GB RAM

The game is always maxing out the CPU no matter the graphical settings while the GPU is only used up to 70%, I think that's causing the low performance.

Well you shouldn't have major issues with the game, maps are not optimized yet but for me it is unplayable right now due to many reason starting for the annoying EAC Kick message everytime or the Low FPS this Beta is giving me and for 4 days of Beta i don't think NWI will launch a patch till the end of the month

@mcfosat Yes, I'm also pretty sure that it's a CPU load issue. I'm having the same framerate at low than very high. It's too demanding for the CPU, even i7-8700K users are having less than 100 FPS most of the time.

Well you shouldn't have major issues with the game, maps are not optimized yet but for me it is unplayable right now due to many reason starting for the annoying EAC Kick message everytime or the Low FPS this Beta is giving me and for 4 days of Beta i don't think NWI will launch a patch till the end of the month

I'm around 40-50 FPS on average and in firefights it goes below 30. I wouldn't really call it playable.

I'm hoping the devs can optimize it for the release.

i and many other people are experiencing MASSIVE lag spikes to the point where game is almost untolerable and unplayable, this game has SOOOOO much potential to be amazing it is unfortunate that these lag spikes alone are single-handedly destroying this game for me and others who are experiencing this. PLEAAAAAAASSSSSE FIX...........

@mcfosat did you download todays patch?

@facknrite With the hotfix most of the stuttering is gone and the game is somewhat playable, but I still have 90-100% CPU usage and 40% GPU usage and 40-60 FPS on average.

Patch did not help me.

GTX 1080 and the game is unplayable.

32gigs ram, 8gb 1070, ryzen 7, issues with performance (averaging maybe 25fps) probably optimization issues. just posting to help in case it matters.

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.