Hit detection is really off.

Most of the time, hit detection is really off even in the most closest counters with low ping.

I've been in the situations where I've shot the enemy's head multiple times yet they kill me first.

This is frustrating, especially with the hit detection in insurgency and day of infamy being reliable while this game has unreliable hit detection.

I had the same issue. Many times I felt like my bullets were not hitting. It didn't happen to me in the alpha, maybe it's because of the server load, I don't know. Given the low fps and the bad hit detection I felt a bit like playing PUBG, which is really sad.

Yeah this problem with hit detection is new, wasn't like that in the Alpha imho and definately feels worse. I'm not sure though if this is caused by the performance which seems to have taken a dive, too.

same issue here,
TallsFalls, i do believe its a server load issue, i had less of a problem in competitive firefight.
it's really bad though, i actually see my bullets go through my target with no blood, normally 3-4 rounds then after that there's blood and they drop.

I've also noticed this, pretty frustrating to get killed by someone who should be dead.

Can confirm that I have the same issue. It seems much worse when my ping is above 150.

I have as well. Hit registration is important in a game like this. I believe it might be the server load as well, as compared to the Alpha, the Beta has way more people playing, so the servers might not be able to handle this, which is why this problem has appeared, when in the Alpha hit registration was great.

but surely if it is the server load then its only going to get worse as more and more people get the game no??.

I agree.

The m16 on single fire (my fav gun from Insurgency2014) is ineffective and unusable. I have also had issues with the hit detection with the 30 round AKs/m4 on full auto.

If it's fine for 5v5 firefight, then is it a server issue?

last edited by Slazenger

Same problem here, although I don't feel it's always tied to my ping. I've had games with steady 60 ping but my bullets would occasionally pass through enemies.

Sometime's it's an entire mag's worth of bullets in full auto, all dead on center mass. Happened with G36 & SVD.

I could confirm that the hit detection is wonky compared to the hit detection in Day of Infamy and Insurgency. I hope there a net coding department somewhere in NWI.

@slazenger said in Hit detection is really off.:

I agree.

The m16 on single fire (my fav gun from Insurgency2014) is ineffective and unusable. I have also had issues with the hit detection with the 30 round AKs/m4 on full auto.

If it's fine for 5v5 firefight, then is it a server issue?
Keep in mind the M16 has a 300 fire rate now, and SKS is 150. Even when hit detection works those guns are useless. 300 fire rate 3 hit kills. What has INS become?

I noticed this as well. Was playing co-op clearing a point. Enemy was laying down behind a wall and his head and shoulder was clearly visible. Ended up taking me at least a full extended mag of the glock to kill him. I know for a fact I was hitting either his head, shoulder, or back and yet no damage was done.

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.