Auto save needs to be an option (Xbox One/PS4/PC)

I am playing on the Xbox One.

Autosave needs to be a toggleable option that you can either turn on, or turn off in the options menu.

If im getting ready to turn off my system, and right when i do so, the game decides to auto save, and my game file becomes corrupted because you're not supposed to quit the game when it's saving. This has happened to me before.

So please everyone, please have Auto save be an option you can turn on, or turn off, in the options menu.

I also want to thank the Spintires team for making and managing such a great game.

last edited by Triclonz

This is a bad proposal. Remember not automatically saved, the game accidentally quit or the host suddenly closed, you will start the game again.

@he123long said in Auto save needs to be an option (Xbox One/PS4/PC):

This is a bad proposal. Remember not automatically saved, the game accidentally quit or the host suddenly closed, you will start the game again.

Every game with an Autosave function usually has the option to disable it at will. This should be a pretty easy fix for the dev team to implement.

It's too easy to turn the game off, and it ends up autosaving at the same exact time, causing a corrupt save. You can always exit through the main menu and leave that way - but for convience, i just think it's better to have it be an option. It can be left on by default, but have it be an option to turn on or off.

last edited by Triclonz

@triclonz Then you forget to open it and cause no archiving. It is the best option to automatically retain multiple copies

@triclonz Then you forget to open it and cause no archiving. It is the best option to automatically retain multiple copies

You can't archive saves and keep multiple copies of them on Xbox One and PS4. There is nothing wrong with the option to toggle Autosaves. It doesn't harm you, or anyone.

last edited by Triclonz

Your proposal does not solve the actual problem.It's useless.
You don't know when it's going to be a problem, and disabling automatic saving will cause a bigger problem.

You don't know when it's going to be a problem, and disabling automatic saving will cause a bigger problem.

I told you what problem it solves. The game was fine without automatic Autosave, and disabling it won't cause a problem. There needs to be an option to disable it, at least.

last edited by Triclonz

@triclonz said in Auto save needs to be an option (Xbox One/PS4/PC):

I told you what problem it solves. The game was fine without automatic Autosave, and disabling it won't cause a problem. There needs to be an option to disable it, at least.

And then lose the archive because it doesn't save it automatically? Tell me why the automatic archive will appear?
Turning off the automatic archive will only make you more painful. You'll lose more. I've had a lot of experience, before the game had no automatic archiving function.

@triclonz said in Auto save needs to be an option (Xbox One/PS4/PC):

And then lose the archive because it doesn't save it automatically? Tell me why the automatic archive will appear?
Turning off the automatic archive will only make you more painful. You'll lose more. I've had a lot of experience, before the game had no automatic archiving function.

You won't lose anything if you turn off automatic saving. When you're done playing, pause and save the game manually so you won't lose your progress. I am not asking to remove Autosave. Just an option to either turn it on, or off.

last edited by Triclonz