I want to give a huge thank you to the devs/pubs

Being on PS4 and loving sim games, I can't thank you enough for bringing this superb work of art to consoles. I really don't understand the whining of too little content, this is the kind of game that's been designed to play over and over again with no end or beginning. Devs, please don't be disheartened by all the negativity and continue to support the consoles, there are a lot of grateful players out there. The endless bitching abut lack of mods is particularly surprising as any gamer worth his/her salt should know the difficulty of getting past Sony et al to have these greenlit. I'm more than happy with Mudrunner and will play for years to come.

Well said I love this game and the new camera mode has made it even better on my PS4

Thumb's up for this post. I was waiting for years for Spintires on console and now I'm happy to have it. The Devs will find a way to give us more content so I will wait patiently for it. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Yeah!And I'm one of those players.This was the game I always have wanted for years and years.And yes,please keep supporting consoles.

Agree, itโ€™s my favorite game on PS4! Please keep adding content! I would pay for DLCโ€™s too, though very thankful for free additions! ๐Ÿ™‚

Thank you all for your kind words, it's much appreciated!

Agree. Elsewhere on this forum people are moaning it "should never have been released on console" (although mostly PC players it would seem, which is odd). I'd say the opposite - there's nothing else quite like it on console.
Yes, I want you to release more content, even as paid DLC, but have already had my money's worth out of the base game.
I understand about the mods. It's the same with any game. We know not to expect mods on console. If you can do it it'll make this game even more unusual and will please a lot of people though.

last edited by Smithers-1968

I wish some people would appreciate that we finally have it on consoles and is being developed. I guarantee this game will be in a totally different state in a years time. I think the game is fantastic for the $40 I paid and free DLC content drops? Keep up the good work guys. The non-complainers and loyal fans of your product will stick with you regardless of โ€œno mods on consolesโ€.

Thats my thoughts exactly.. so happy its on console been watching this game for ages and can now finally play it.

Mods on console mosts probs will not happy happen.... BUT if the devs bring out dlc like they are doing next month HAPPY DAYS...

Do think we need more scout cars rather than the big 6x6, 8x8's.....

There is already loads of those on the game and the scout vehicles are pretty shit and everything get stuck just looking at the mud...

Obviously licensing is an issue but fakes can be made just like they are in gta etc...

More jeep, pick up truck scout vehicles needed..

OTHER THAN AMAZING WORK

@chri51808

1. One can never have enough of 8x8
  2. If one have feeling there is enough of 8x8, lack of 12x12 is obvious...

But seriously:
Jeeps and pick up trucks don't fit in game as it is set now, so I doubt about their appearing any time soon.

Lol yeaa i know what u mean by not having a place... but i dont mean loads... just a better alternative to those 2 crap uaz thinga that are on there now.. just something more capable so scouting is abit morr enjoyable rather than getting stuck on tree etc...

Just a differnt alternative to what we have atm...

Not saying we need jeep after jeep after as lets be honest we only need 1 scout vehicle per map... just something thats good...

well after this dlc there will be 3 scout vehicles (4 if you want to count the A-968) but having another scout vehicle would be nice at least for an extra option over the ones we have now and the one we are to be getting in the dlc. actually i would say the types of vehicles are balanced fairly well. a few A's a couple B's some C's with a sprinkle of D and E's. wait is this vehicle types or my vitamin bottles?

They are balanced pretty well, no OP trucks.
However I like ramming thru forests with 8x8, I also keep some room in my heart for B-131. It is relatively weak truck, but still pretty capable and as a support vehicle providing drive-by refueling for its bigger siblings, it's wonderfull.
But with our fleet going bigger and bigger, I am starting to worry about map size - it's getting smaller (relatively)...

last edited by Sodoma

@sodoma will agree on the map sizes, they really need to make some bigger maps. the stock maps now are ok and do the job, but they do need to be a bit bigger for sure.

I have been lurking here for a while but decided to sign up when I saw this thread. I love this game. Iโ€™m on ps4 and use a g29 wheel and could not be happier with it.

Keep up the good work devs, I canโ€™t wait for the DLC and hope the mudrunner USA is also a DLC (which Iโ€™d happily pay for)

Regards from Australia.

@8up-local
It just suddenly crossed my mind, but...
Current maximum map size is 32x32 or 64x64 or 1024x1024, depends on where you are putting number and what unit you are using. But those numbers are strangely familiar - do you think map size is now limited by 32-bitness (hopefully it's a word) of game?

@sodoma i really am not sure, but i doubt it. it is not like the game is rendering all of it the whole time.

btw i know about the 32x32 and 64x64, but i did not know there was a 1024x1024. is that an actual max map size or the max size in the editor?

no biggie if you are not sure. as with some i have played this game for years now and i am still learning a thing or two. lol

last edited by A Former User

@8up-local
New map in editor, max value by default is 32x32. That then gets doubled to 64x64. This is how many terrain tiles per side. 1024m is just over 1km, which would translate to your "real life" map dimensions. ๐Ÿ™‚

EDIT: there is (was?) an option in "Mudrunner Plus," as we're apparently calling it now, to raise that limit above 32x32 (64x64) but it's disclaimed as "possibly unstable" which is likely due to the memory restrictions...

last edited by Mexican_420

@8up-local
1024x1024 should be max map size in meters. IDK where that came from or who measure it, but it's used time by time by some map makers.
Obviously game doesn't render everything all the time, but if nothing else, position of player has to be desrcibed somehow on a grid of map. Notice, that game doesn't count with height at some points - build a bridge but no matter how high it will be, truck on it will be able to fuel-up truck beneath it. It reminds me old Doom game. ๐Ÿ™‚
And, going back, that grid might be limited by 32-bit...
There was mod for ST, that enables game to run twice as big maps, but without that mod, you can launch it, but trucks never moved.
Just thinking on loud ๐Ÿ™‚

@Sodoma
lol
Yeah, what you said. XD