Thank you all for joining us for this first phase of Beta testing so far. We greatly appreciate all the valuable feedback, and are hard at work polishing the game. From this point forward, our focus is finalization - including optimization, visual polish and important experience improvements based on feedback.
One thing worth noting about the optimization of the game, is that currently we are not fully utilizing Level of Detail to simplify our environments and characters. This is because of a few issues we’ve run into, which Epic is helping us with. When we’ve addressed these issues and fully implemented LODs, there should be a noticeable performance boost for everyone. Players can expect this as well as other optimizations to be included as we get closer to release.
In the meantime, we are releasing a small hotfix to address a few things which should improve your experience. Notes below.
- Characters who are no longer in the players view do not update their animation and bone positions.
- HLOD distance is now affected by the users “Effects Quality” setting in the video menu. Lower settings should provide increased performance at the cost of some minor visual fidelity.
- Lighting will apply to player cosmetics as a group instead of individually.
- Improvements to hit validation to reduce cases of bad hit detection.
- Fixed a crash on Linux servers caused by character animation snapshot.
- Fixed an issue with shotgun pellet simulation on some pellets.
- Fixed an issue where cosmetic credits earned during a game were not updated correctly within the character customisation menu when first opening it.
The Game will not return to the main menu with “Connection has been lost” if Steam disconnects.
- Improvements to the moving lean animation.
- Added submit feedback button to the main menu to allow easy access to the forums.