Customization feels grindy

Customization in insurgency sandstorm is great, but with some cosmetics costing up near 1.8k, I believe that level ups shouldn't only grant you 100 tokens, but should be given using an incremental formula.

The more you level up, the more tokens you can get. I want this system because there are many customizable cosmetics in this game, and I want every player and myself to experience all of it or just the majority of it towards there own heart's desire.

It feels grindy when you're just getting up to 100 tokens for each level up y'know.

Especially when the credits and customizations gained in alpha don't roll over, so we have a disadvantage of a higher exp requirement at higher levels for the small amount of credits earned.

i still have my camo i unlocked in the alpha o.O

you'll find you have the character customisation you had on your guy still on but still get the option to buy it, its a bit buggy, but yeah I agree @imacookie, I played alot of the alpha so have to grind games for xp to unlock tokens to try any of the new character cosmetic things. Kinda annoying.

@imacookie said in Customization feels grindy:

Especially when the credits and customizations gained in alpha don't roll over, so we have a disadvantage of a higher exp requirement at higher levels for the small amount of credits earned.

You were technically supposed to delete your profile.
But I forgot and don't want to now, so rip.

How do you delete your profile? I'd actually like to as I'm trying to test some features in the menus...

@whitby It should be somewhere in Documents. Check 'known issues' for an exact file location.

The cosmetic purchasing system is really boring and rather lame imo.
Ok so i look like a right tool until i've put 100+ hours in and have claimed enough exp to be level 40+ where i'll have enough credits to buy clothing a little more inconspicuous.
You cant even preview what it is you're "buying" so GOODLUCK IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT LOL.

If you wanna delete your profile, here's the location of the savefile and your cosmetic presets
C:\Users\Danpleto\AppData\Local\Insurgency\Saved\SaveGames\Profile
obviously you'll need to adjust the drive and username for your own.

@Whitby

last edited by Depleted

@depleted said in Customization feels grindy:

The cosmetic purchasing system is really boring and rather lame imo.
Ok so i look like a right tool until i've put 100+ hours in and have claimed enough exp to be level 40+ where i'll have enough credits to buy clothing a little more inconspicuous.
You cant even preview what it is you're "buying" so GOODLUCK IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT LOL.

A. You can preview it. Not sure where you got that idea but if previews aren't working for you, you may need to report that.

B. The first game didn't have any customization like this so uh... it's something we didn't have that we now have. The reason it may seem "boring" to you is ID purposes. If everyone can run around in pink rainbow unicorn T-shirts, as fun as that would be, you wouldn't be able to tell people apart. Keeping a similar style/color palette ensures that player ID still stays relatively consistent.

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.