BETA Feedback/Bugs I've come across - FWIW

Ok, so I've had a few days to play and for the most part I'm liking the game. We finally got Oceania servers, which is a real welcome, so thanks for that devs. I'll list a few things I've noticed, whether or not intentional but I will mention anyway.

Hit Reg
This has to be the most infuriating part of the BETA so far. I know you guys said content will come before optimization, but in my opinion, hit reg isn't part of optimization. Hit reg should be one of the first things you have done properly in any shooter. Having to use almost 2/3rd of a mag to drop enemies full auto or semi is just... no. Take whatever you have from Insurgency and bring that into Sandstorm. The hit reg is damn near perfect there. I'm noticing it across all weapons, but it really screws with bolt action/semi auto rifles and pistols. Please consider prioritizing this before BETA 2... for the sake of sanity and fun factor.

Bugs
A couple of bugs I've noticed that you may want to look into:

• Crashing upon resupplying ammo for an enemy weapon you've picked up.
    I've had this happen a few times. I'll pick up an enemy weapon, then decide to just rearm quickly with some ammo for that weapon to stay in the fight. I go to immediately reload said weapon and I'll get a crash to desktop.

• Picking up an enemy security rocket launcher causes all my weapons to change colour
    It seems as if picking up this rocket will make all my guns, grenades and knife change to the colour of the launcher itself. Not a game breaking bug but one to mention nonetheless. Can be recreated simply by picking up a rocket launcher dropped by security AI, firing it then switching to your primary weapon.

• Picking up enemy M4 with grenade launcher causes launcher sight to cover half the screen
    This is a common bug already mentioned but adding to this list.

• Enemy mortar barrages seem to go through some buildings.
    Not sure if this is a bug or a feature but if I can't even take cover in a building from mortars then... just kill me. Save me the frustrating death.

• CQB with an enemy practically right on top of you causes your bullets to disappear/not register
    So many of my deaths have been thanks to AI pistol whipping me right up close as I peek around a corner they happen to be sitting on. I manage to get a shot off, but no indication that shot has hit/registered. This one is pretty game breaking if you ask me.

• Bots on a technical MG are laser accurate.

• Dismemberment doesn't seem to work on the dead (aka I can't shoot a body on the ground and blow it apart).
    Again, not sure if it's a bug or a feature but... can we have that option? I like throwing a few rounds into an enemy I've shot especially if it was a difficult kill. Makes me feel good.

• M9 and Tariq... are they the right way around?
    Just not sure, but I feel like these guns should be switched. Security should have the M9, Insurgents the Tariq. After all the Tariq seems more fitting for a wartorn guerilla army than a shiny brand new military M9.

EDIT

• M24 6 round bug
    Doesn't happen all the time, but every couple of times if I get down to the last 1-2 rounds in the and reload, The game will tell me I have 6 rounds.

Hope some of this helps.

last edited by EastClintwood

@eastclintwood said in BETA Feedback/Bugs I've come across - FWIW:

Ok, so I've had a few days to play and for the most part I'm liking the game. We finally got Oceania servers, which is a real welcome, so thanks for that devs. I'll list a few things I've noticed, whether or not intentional but I will mention anyway.

Hit Reg
This has to be the most infuriating part of the BETA so far. I know you guys said content will come before optimization, but in my opinion, hit reg isn't part of optimization. Hit reg should be one of the first things you have done properly in any shooter. Having to use almost 2/3rd of a mag to drop enemies full auto or semi is just... no. Take whatever you have from Insurgency and bring that into Sandstorm. The hit reg is damn near perfect there. I'm noticing it across all weapons, but it really screws with bolt action/semi auto rifles and pistols. Please consider prioritizing this before BETA 2... for the sake of sanity and fun factor.

I hope they make it in beta 2 but the hopes are low for me...

@eastclintwood said in BETA Feedback/Bugs I've come across - FWIW:

Enemy mortar barrages seem to go through some buildings.

A feature. Was in Day of Infamy too. Since there's no destructible buildings, if the roof above you gets hit with a mortar/arty, you should die inside (imo).

last edited by Slazenger

Gladly, most of the issues you are having, I am not. I did just start to see the Hit Reg today, although I disagree with you, hit reg is an optimization issue, so in the works now. I'm sure they have seen enough on this topic to know about it. That "shinny new" M9 belongs in the insurgents hands now. The U.S. military has retired the M9, so the moniker of shinny and new don't seem fitting and places it into the old surplus military category. Laser accurate, so are we, it's easy to follow a laser trail of tracers and put them on a target with a mounted gun. For motors, chose your cover wisely, they go right through wood, best to have a few floors above you, or better concrete.

@rifrafjonesy said in BETA Feedback/Bugs I've come across - FWIW:

That "shinny new" M9 belongs in the insurgents hands now. The U.S. military has retired the M9, so the moniker of shinny and new don't seem fitting and places it into the old surplus military category. Laser accurate, so are we, it's easy to follow a laser trail of tracers and put them on a target with a mounted gun. For motors, chose your cover wisely, they go right through wood, best to have a few floors above you, or better concrete.

Yeah, no. If that was the case mate we'd be seeing the new M9A3 in here, not the bloody Tariq. Sure, give the insurgents the M9,but the security class should have IT or the more modern equivalent.

That's why security forces have the P226R

@mr-snoot said in BETA Feedback/Bugs I've come across - FWIW:

That's why security forces have the P226R

Then why do we also have the Tariq? Can someone please explain to me how the Tariq is a fitting weapon for the security? Forget whatever the Insurgents have, but the Tariq, from all the research I've done, is typical used by a lot of those third world countries, notably Iraq and Israel. For instance:
"Other military forces to have adopted the M1951 include Egypt (where it has been produced by the local firm Maadi as the "Helwan"), Israel, Iraq (license-built as the "Tariq"), Nigeria, Libya and Tunisia; in most of these countries, the pistol is now out of service. The pistol is known as the M951 "Brigadier" on the civilian market. After 1968, in the United States, it was briefly referred to as the 104 in promotional literature. " (Source here.
Now if members of the security team are from Iraq or Isreal (this is believable, accents are varied for the security team... not sure if that's a bug or intended though) then fair enough, but I still don't see why if they're fighting with forces from the U.S and Britain they wouldn't just use the Glock, P226 or M45... OR the M9 variants.

Tariq seems to make more sense in security hands than a makarov, especially as they are built in Iraq. Security forces are a mash of western supporting forces and local military/militia.

Dunno, I'm all for more variety and interesting weapon choices. Not really mad about the M9 being on insurgent side.

That being said, I'm sure we'll see future content tweaks. I don't care if the M9 is still insurgent exclusive on release as long as they continue to nail down key bugs and performance issues.

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.