Was release moved?

@alandauron said in Was release moved?:

@canned_f3tus I don't see any ambitious claims or promises, just concepts that they are working on to hopefully remedy issues that they figured out in their first game. They might not have a "banging rep" but they also don't have a bad rep, just are fairly unknown in terms of developers so I don't see how keeping things quiet is bad for them. The worst you can say about them is that it's annoying how little they share with fans, but there's no false info shared.

I also fail to see how this is a "poor business practice" considering all that is being done is keeping things quiet. In fact, "back in my day" lol, it used to be a good thing to not reveal much of anything in regards to games. This would make playing the game completely unknown and you wouldn't create a set of expectations based off what you saw. The fun was in figuring out how to play and what unique things were contained in the experience. It is a different business practice than what has become common today, but it's really not a poor business practice.

The only relevant complaint is the lack of a set of system requirements, but my assumption is that the game isn't gonna be much different than the first, in regards to the stress it puts on a system, so looking at the requirements for that game would give you a pretty good idea.

To each their own, and I understand frustration heck I'm frustrated, but I don't understand the hate and condemnation of the developers in regards to allowing pre-orders and not sharing every detail of the game.

Ambitious claims they made all factions, Better multiplayer. You cant have both. Hell. Focus struggled with just getting one faction to work.

I been playin video games for as long as you have most likely. Times change. It is understandable when devs keep quiet. But when the original release date was set for September and no Gameplay footage is showed you cant help but feel that something does not smell right. Now that they moved the release date (which most of us knew was gonna happen) they can actually take the time to release some videos on these said "improvments" they are promising us.

last edited by CANNED_F3TUS

@canned_f3tus While it is likely they ran into some trouble that couldn't be solved in time for September, I dont think its a bad thing that they gave themselves more time. I'd rather the game be released in the best state possible, rather than rushed out early as possible.

@solaire said in Was release moved?:

@romeo Maybe they locked your thread because all you were doing was whining about the game being delayed (even tho they've not even said it is, so you're basically just whining for no reason) when the devs wanted constructive feedback on the game.

It brings me nothing but joy to say this:
I told you so.

Stop giving Focus Home a free pass on bad community management. Their communication is atrocious, and you stroking them off pretending otherwise isn't helping anyone.

@caliger_reborn said in Was release moved?:

@canned_f3tus While it is likely they ran into some trouble that couldn't be solved in time for September, I dont think its a bad thing that they gave themselves more time. I'd rather the game be released in the best state possible, rather than rushed out early as possible.

Yeah i agree. Imo tindalos needs all the time they can get.

@grey-seer said in Was release moved?:

I’m interested in 6 titles now:

Pathfinder kingmaker - I have no problem whatsoever with this game. People are informed and everybody has a good idea of what this game is about. Will be released this month 25.

DLC to Europa universal 4, crusader kings 2 and hearts of iron 4. Again people are well informed and developers regularly bring new staff to show and openly discuss things.

Darksiders 3 - Once again we know about what and how this game looks like and I have no problem with this game.

Battlefleet Gothic Armada 2 - this one is quite different. Developers and publishers do not care about informing the community about anything at all and community are at last place in there's priority list. If they show things they show it to journalists on closed events or to select groups during tests. The rest can count on months-long silent and mockery.

But no, the problem is just with me because I like to rant for no reasons because this makes me ”all wet”. How a shame that confirming an obvious thing has not the same effect.

It was the same behavior in the first game, do you expect people to change? Have you seen their past games? In some ways, Tindalos are essentially console developers making PC titles. They have a very ship it and move on mentality that is rather catastrophic in most modern PC titles. At least they did the first BFG game a bit better than their other titles, but change in people behavior and mentality is one of the slowest things.

@lkhero said in Was release moved?:

It was the same behavior in the first game, do you expect people to change? Have you seen their past games? In some ways, Tindalos are essentially console developers making PC titles. They have a very ship it and move on mentality that is rather catastrophic in most modern PC titles. At least they did the first BFG game a bit better than their other titles, but change in people behavior and mentality is one of the slowest things.

you should take a look at console gaming, before implying absurd stuff like that console games are known for no post-launch support and no game life-cycle extensions with post-launch content drops. it makes more sense to take a look at how the publisher focus home interactive does post-release support for most of their games in their catalogue.

last edited by Fosil

@fosil said in Was release moved?:

you should take a look at console gaming, before implying absurd stuff like that console games are known for no post-launch support and no game life-cycle extensions with post-launch content drops. it makes more sense to take a look at how the publisher focus home interactive does post-release support for most of their games in their catalogue.

Plenty of console games also get post-launch support, and many of them significantly more than BFG. Two DLC updates followed by complete abandonment isn't exactly a high bar to clear.

@fosil said in Was release moved?:

Hardly absurd really. Console games have drastically lower expectations when it comes to post-ship content vs. PC games. It's hugely expensive and taxing to ship content post-release on console, especially because how consoles conduct certifications and have firm release dates.

I'm not sure if the issues lie soley with FHI - If you look at Tindalos as a development studio, even before having FHI as a publisher, their post-release support has been questionable. It's just the nature of the beast man, some devs are great at making games at the cost of communicating with their customer base.

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.