Why don't we have weapon flashlights in sandstorm?

It's one of my favorite weapon attachments in Insurgency. Great for low-light conditions and corners. Will we see its return in sandstorm?

I'm missing it, too, especially on Oilfield/Refinerie! Hope it comes back asap...

Because there are no night maps planned for release yet... refinery had great lighting in the alpha phase, but they darkened it making a flashlight useful. Instead of flashlights, just brighten the map about 10-20%, problem solved.

They do have locked content still, maybe they are saving this for the hard release. They have confirmed night maps and I don't see NVGs either.

I really do hope they bring back night maps, flashlights and night vision. love that shit

last edited by tourist

Maybe we'll see them in the second beta. If not then probably on release.

I dont know what you guys are seeing....or whats wrong with your monitor settings but there isnt a single spot in refinery that requires a flashlight.

we want night maps..duh

@max80 I turn on my flashlight whenever I go through a door or around a corner to blind the threat behind the corner. The map brightness is fine to me.

@frank-castle it works on bots?

@thenickgann said in Why don't we have weapon flashlights in sandstorm?:

Because there are no night maps planned for release yet... refinery had great lighting in the alpha phase, but they darkened it making a flashlight useful. Instead of flashlights, just brighten the map about 10-20%, problem solved.

I just don't understand what the hell is wrong with you guys still not understanding flashlights after years of playing INS. The point was never to see in dark areas. It was in the game before the night maps. The first goal was always blinding people. And it works amazingly well.

We need them. They were in the first alpha I believe, but utter bugged.

not a fan. I hate being blinded by my team. its a small flash grenade and always on

Yes, please re-add this, I really liked it.

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.