Esports?

Is this a Esport title for you?

Put youre comments down below!

Could be. Not with this performence and poor ass hitreg tho...

last edited by Ritabalou

Absolutely not. The game modes are meant to be punishing on the attacking force.
There is not a single mode where both team are equal with the condition set for the match.
Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see more balanced game modes but NWI seem to hate this idea.
So forget Esport for now and the long future.

@best-waifu said in Esports?:

Absolutely not. The game modes are meant to be punishing on the attacking force.
There is not a single mode where both team are equal with the condition set for the match.
Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see more balanced game modes but NWI seem to hate this idea.

Firefight E-Sports can be something fresh and new, the gamemode is already proven well compwise (DGL/ESL/etc). If just the game itself gets better 🙂

last edited by mr.pink

E-sports titles have their primary game mode as the competitive/matchmaking component to the game. This is the opposite of Sandstorm right now. I am pretty sure only a fraction of a percent of players even completed a competitive match.

@mr-pink said in Esports?:

Firefight E-Sports can be something fresh and new, the gamemode is already proven well compwise (DGL/ESL/etc). If just the game itself gets better 🙂

I understand what you mean, but look at Overwatch. It's match settings are somewhat equal between teams. Yet it is not considered a true e-sport because of that. IS is unequal in match settings, so it cannot be a esport. That doesn't mean it won't have tournament and highly competitive and active teams like overwatch. It just mean it will never be considered as a true esport. For that you need the match conditions to be equal like in Starcraft.

@mr-pink said in Esports?:

I understand what you mean, but look at Overwatch. It's match settings are somewhat equal between teams. Yet it is not considered a true e-sport because of that. IS is unequal in match settings, so it cannot be a esport. That doesn't mean it won't have tournament and highly competitive and active teams like overwatch. It just mean it will never be considered as a true esport. For that you need the match conditions to be equal like in Starcraft.

"Yet it is not considered a true e-sport because of that"

Waait whaaat? Whats with the official OW LEAGUE? thats e-sports for me man...

Perhaps you were not present in the competitions esl in firefight 2014/2015. Firefight is the most balanced mode. To win you need to conquer using smoke, nade and more. If one dies, he can return to play if a teammate takes a point. It is really beautiful as a mode and above all very tactical.

last edited by MetalBestia