Very Dissapointed

Having just played sandstorm for the first time & after waiting 3 months, I have to say what a huge disappointment it is . Firstly its laggy even though I have a high end pc & fastest fibre optic net speed , (300 mbps) . The weapons sounds are very unrealistic , unlike doi were they sounds very real . but the biggest & funniest problem are the enemy bots , who look like new York corner drug dealers !! I mean cmon , they are meant to be fanatics willing to fight to the death , but look more like they would hit ya up with a bag of coke in some backstreet ally someplace , so all in all I for one will request a refund & wait for a game like post scriptum & hope that hasn't been rushed through & is authentic to the scenario the game is portraying .

@ratty said in Very Dissapointed:

Having just played sandstorm for the first time & after waiting 3 months, I have to say what a huge disappointment it is . Firstly its laggy even though I have a high end pc & fastest fibre optic net speed , (300 mbps) . The weapons sounds are very unrealistic , unlike doi were they sounds very real . but the biggest & funniest problem are the enemy bots , who look like new York corner drug dealers !! I mean cmon , they are meant to be fanatics willing to fight to the death , but look more like they would hit ya up with a bag of coke in some backstreet ally someplace , so all in all I for one will request a refund & wait for a game like post scriptum & hope that hasn't been rushed through & is authentic to the scenario the game is portraying .

I hate to say it but you don't have the fastest fiber optic net speed available, as 1 gig is the fastest. Other than that you're off on the weapon sounds. They're pretty spot on. As for the new york drug dealers comment, absolute lol to that. Spot on. And for the lag and poor optimization, there are a few spots where optimization is absolutely poor you're correct. I'm not disagreeing with you 110%, but there are relative points, and there are points where you're not very close to par. This was a rushed beta if anything, but as for the actual game, remember there is going to be another beta test soon after this one, so hopefully by then some serious changes are made.

@malevolent1 said in Very Dissapointed:

poor

One - He's refeering to fastest fiber optic speed in his area

Two - Internet speed doesn't matter. You can play on a standard 1.5 dsl line and still have less than 50ms.

Three - Don't even put forth the suggestion or idea that his internet isnt good enough for the game. As if his internet is the problem. I'm not saying you did but some people can misconstrue your comments.

Four - Optimization is terrible all around - As other threads have suggested

@johnrose554452 said in Very Dissapointed:

@malevolent1 said in Very Dissapointed:

poor

One - He's refeering to fastest fiber optic speed in his area

Two - Internet speed doesn't matter. You can play on a standard 1.5 dsl line and still have less than 50ms.

Three - Don't even put forth the suggestion or idea that his internet isnt good enough for the game. As if his internet is the problem. I'm not saying you did but some people can misconstrue your comments.

Four - Optimization is terrible all around - As other threads have suggested

2 - Net speed does actually matter. If you don't have the net speed to handle the exchange, your latency is going to spike beyond normal measure (even though this is a current game issue all around period)

3 - I never put forth any suggestion that his internet speed wasn't good enough. Reread the post and try again my guy.

4 - Optimization in certain areas where its extremely important is definitely off, and I agreed with this.

Did you even read any of my post or did you just automatically jump to play Cpt Saveaho?

Please reread the entire statement before you post blindly like the vast majority of the toxic forum trolls.

Net speed doesnt matter in the 21st century (as anything over 300kpbs is good enough) unless your bandwidth is exhausted. You could play on a 300kbps line and still acheive less than 50ms. Download speed doesn't have a role as you think it does. Gaming requires little bandwidth. Latency is what affects game not download speed. But thank you for pointing out the obvious.

I stand by my comments. Didn't think I had to spell it out for you, genius. ((His) internet speed wouldn't matter)

Next time stay in context.

last edited by johnrose554452

I find it funny you really have no idea how bandwidth actually works, but cool story bro. Read the original post once again and stop talking shit you know nothing about.

Game runs very poorly for me also. Im running a ryzen 1800x with a 1080 ti and im barely getting 50 fps on very high settings

First of all a 300mbs connection should be enough. But its not the connection, its the game. Its poorly optimize. Runs bad. Im quite dissapointed too after waiting so long for this game. Sure its only the first beta and the devs have a lot work to do. For me its in a state that you cant play it. I have an i7 4790k and gtx 1060 6gb and i got 50fps with everything on low. So, lets hope the devs will work hard to optimize. If they will this will be a great game.

Malevolent1, i only have 67mbps and i can run the game flawlessly, its the optimization that's bad not his internet .

@comnic51 said in Very Dissapointed:

First of all a 300mbs connection should be enough. But its not the connection, its the game. Its poorly optimize. Runs bad. Im quite dissapointed too after waiting so long for this game. Sure its only the first beta and the devs have a lot work to do. For me its in a state that you cant play it. I have an i7 4790k and gtx 1060 6gb and i got 50fps with everything on low. So, lets hope the devs will work hard to optimize. If they will this will be a great game.

Please for the love of god guys, stop using the 300mbs should be enough line. Nobody disagreed with that, including me. I merely said he doesn't have the fastest speed possible on a fiber connection since fiber has never been truly maxed out but most providers will allow 1gbps full duplex as a offered speed variable.

To quote you though @comnic51 I'm not sure how you've got such a damn good computer and I have an older one that handles this just fine. The most graphical delay I get is when mortars are coming down and I'm suppressed, then I drop to 60 fps. Besides that I'm generally running 90-110 no problem.

Mobo: MSI z87-GD65 Gaming mobo (old DDR3 board)
Processor: Intel i7-4770K 3.5GHZ (OC Stable at 4.0)
GFX: 2x MSI NVIDIA GTX 960's running SLI @ MAX
RAM: 32GB DDR3 1866 (G.Skill sniper series 4-4-4-16)
1kW Silverstone SSGT-1000 PSU
2x SSDs - Samsung Evo 840 (C: drive for OS), Mushkin Chronos 240 (few games not many)
1x HDD (5TB) - Dont remember the brand dont care, it works great, and insurgency sandstorm is installed on it
ASUS VG248QE 144HZ Monitor (Not running G-sync)

This is why I don't understand how everyone has piss poor performance when I'm running on older hardware and not the latest generation of all types of hardware. Everyone seems to have better PC's than I do and yet I run this smooth as can be with little to no issue. The major issue thus far is whenever a heli / fire support order is called in, the latency of everyone jumps to 800+ during the helicopter pushing or the mortars or fire support landing.

The game for some reason has massive instability when it comes to inbound fire support of any kind, minigun, chopper, mortars, etc etc.

The devs are aware of the optimisation issues.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/581320/announcements/detail/1710691920333438195

In the mean time, you can use the -useallavailablecores switch as it seems to have a major effect for some people, and little/no effect for others - your mileage may vary. For me at least, I can get a somewhat consistent 50 FPS after enabling this, even after the patch the other day that boosted performance.