Weapon skins

The Character customization is a solid start, but having things that actually effect in game visuals would be a nice addition. Or maybe add Steam Workshop support to allow players to make weapon skins. just something to add to the lifecycle of the game.

I thought weapon skins would be part of the customization. Maybe just not in the beta?

I really hope this never happens. NWI has built a convincing and beautiful game environment which is great because it is immersive. Nothing is less immersive than everybody having shiny chrome guns or pink leopardprint on them.

They said skins may come later, but nothing like a csgo - EVER! Skins would be things like, black, tan, & dark earth. They also said a solid NO to steam market.

Would love a source on that for the sake of reading it, but those words are a weight lifted.

@whitby said in Weapon skins:

I really hope this never happens. NWI has built a convincing and beautiful game environment which is great because it is immersive. Nothing is less immersive than everybody having shiny chrome guns or pink leopardprint on them.

I can relate to this, but what about actual DDPAT or MARPAT skins? Maybe some actual desert / woodland camouflage? Something that is actually acceptable (even a multicam camo) and seen in modern combat?

It isn't seen in modern combat. You're thinking of the water transfer thing you can get done on cheap chinese airsoft/paintball kit or on hunting rifle stocks.

Modern combat is filled with people who got a rifle which is being used by it's 15th owner. M16's which went from the first Gulf to the national guard, to the Iraqi military, to ISIS, to the Peshmerga who raided the ISIS cache, whether they fell on the floor or into a stockpile inbetween.

AKM's which are better travelled than your average traveller, starting life at the Izhmash factory and being redistributed between conflicts in Africa and the Middle East for profit by an arms dealer as their value decreases where they were but increases where they're going.

You will occasionally see guns which get given a lick of spraypaint or have some hessian or netting on them, but that's not a "skin" that's camo. Real camo. I'd be all for having that for weapons after you achieve 5,000 headshots or something, it'd be neat.

"Multicam" pattern on a combat rifle though? Yeah, on one that sits in an American prepper's arsenal. Not a thing you see on the field.

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.