What do you guys think about a search and destroy mode like cs or cod?

I think it would be nice to see how it works with the mechanics of this game.

Interactive has stated numerous times there is no intention to add any form of one life game-mode. They said it's something they would 'consider' in the future. 'Would consider it in the future' - This phrase implies they're not considering it in the present, and also implies there is a chance they won't even consider it at all. You want to know what else they might consider in the future? Battle Royale, Single player, Team Deathwatch, and every other stupid idea that people suggest. Its just a polite way to say "NO."

last edited by johnrose554452

@johnrose554452 said in What do you guys think about a search and destroy mode like cs or cod?:

Interactive has stated numerous times there is no intention to add any form of one life gamemode. They said it's something they would 'consider' in the future. 'Would consider for the future' - This phrase implies they're not consideing it in the present, and also implies there is a chance they won't even consider it at all. You want to know what else they might consider in the future? Battle Royale, Single player, Team Deatchmatch, and every other stupid idea that people suggest. Its just a polite way to say "NO."

I don't know about all of this. I can virtually guarantee Ambush is going to be added later in development, since there's a small but hardcore Ambush community, including myself.

NWI says they'll consider it in the future because right now they're working on polishing the game and bug fixing so it's smooth and bug-free on release. It's also a way to keep their ass in check in case they don't add something. But New World has always been community-driven and always will be.

Well, I hope you're right. Not the biggest fan of Ambush, but if it's the only one life gamemode we can get, so be it. If they do add Ambush: Best of 7, switch sides after 3, breifcase for offensive team(must be ran to one of two extraction points). Briefcase spawns at spawning point for offensive team. A memeber of the offensive of team must pick briefcase up. Person tries to run to one of the two extraction points. If a person dies with briefcase, a teammate may pick it up and run toward extraction point. If you successfuly get to extraction point, the round is won for offensive team, a new round begins. If enemy spots briefcase, enemy can destroy it and round is loss.

I think this is a better form of Ambush, thatb way a stupid Vip doesnt rush and die and lose the round.

But if people don't like that idea, I'll just deal with orginal ambush. Cant complain too much.

UPDATE: No, they don't have any plans to add it. Marksmanmark, everything that you just said is pure speculation. Please, please don't spew garbage. To say that there is a "virtually guarantee Ambush is going to be added later" is a flat out false assumption when Mikee said that they're not committed to it. I believe your optimism is getting in the way of reality.

"we're thinking about it but we're not committed to it unless the mode feels good and has an audience." - - Mikee
https://www.reddit.com/r/insurgency/comments/96z9lm/hi_were_new_world_interactive_developers_of/?sort=confidence

That was a comment made yesterday.

"ll consider it in the future because right now they're working on polishing the game and bug fixing "

You can make a promise for post-release. That has nothing to do with it. It has to do with "Splitting the player-base." Or it wasn't "a popular game-mode" I agree Ambush was garbage compared to other one-life modes though, which is why I made a better suggestion. Ambush was deeply flawed. No wonder it wasn't as popular as Search and Destroy on COD, or Americas army 2 and proving grounds(which is strictly one-life) or Mohaa(Objective based match). I remember going into the old forums and asking the developers to fixed flawed Ambush for year and a half. Not so community-driven, is it?

INS has a game mode called Hunt. Single life search and destroy. I have hunt maps on my INS servers and find them quite enjoyable. Some do not because of the single life. Either way it would make sense to have this mode available on INS:S.

Search and destroy? you mean gladiator one life last man standing wins type of free for all?
or do you mean some kind of team gladiator?
or do you mean with objectives?

I'd be down for a free for all if spawns were randomised, and for the team gladiator, but with objectives? naw dude.

If NWI don't do it then modders surely would, cus while i love hunt and checkpoint and firefight, a bit of FFA gladiator wud be sick.

Ignore little johnny, no one takes him seriously.

last edited by Depleted

Any mode is welcomed, in my opinion... Sandstorm is a great game already, and can be even better with more gameplay modes, including bots, also.

@johnrose554452 said in What do you guys think about a search and destroy mode like cs or cod?:

I remember going into the old forums and asking the developers to fixed flawed Ambush for year and a half. Not so community-driven, is it?

So... it's not community driven because the devs failed to take a suggestion from one forum rando?

It wasnt just 'one' person suggesting certain changes for Ambush. In the game, Ambush players would complain. There were also players, in the forums, who complained about it. One only needs to realize it wasnt popular because of this flawed gamemode. STATISTICS don't lie. But thanks for assuming it was just me.

It wasnt just 'one' person suggesting certain changes for Ambush. In the game, Ambush players would complain. There were also players, in the forums, who complained about it.

Okay, then why didn't you just say this in the first place?

Because this is a known fact thats been clearly brought up numerous times before. I didnt think that I would have to give a complete explanation to somebody that has no influence over the game. Tell me, what is the benefit for me telling you what you told me to state the first time? Are you a developer? Is your brother the developer? Do you have influence over the design of the game? Now that you know this information, which you would have known if you were involved it this community, as other people brought up these issues, what is your plan?

@johnrose554452 I don't play ambush. I also haven't played Insurgency for a year and a half, so no, I'm not totally up to speed on what's going on in the community. I have a life and responsibilities outside of this game.

Furthermore, I can tell just from the tone of that response where this discussion will go. So I won't be replying to this topic any further.