Player running and movement speed needs to be slowed dwon.

this needs to be nerfed, I've seen people run side to side at speeds that would break bones in real life. you need to slow down the player movement quite a bit. nobody is able to strafe left to right wearing body armor like this... its annoying really and brings the game closer to an arcade game which is not what most people that play insurgency are here for.

I agree, it feels a bit speed up atm.

Along with performance the character movement speed is the bigger problem of the game right now!
Animations also need to be improved!

I agree completely. It also makes it harder to go through the narrow doorways.

I don't think the movement speed needs to be slowed down, I just think if you're sprinting changing direction should be slower. Would solve the issues and prevent the game feeling slow.

For me the runinng speed feels right on spot TBH.

Agreed! Needs to be slowed down.

@whitby said in Player running and movement speed needs to be slowed dwon.:

I don't think the movement speed needs to be slowed down, I just think if you're sprinting changing direction should be slower. Would solve the issues and prevent the game feeling slow.

I'm quoting you because you've elaborated it the best.
With body armor on I can confirm that changing direction suddenly is not as simple as this game makes it out to be.
You would end up with a rolled or sprained ankle fast as all hell.

The movement speed itself is not a huge issue. Everyone seems to complain about movement speed but there's really nothing wrong with it. Everyone moves the speed they should, and it's pretty spot on. What does need to change though, is as @Whitby said, the directional strafing speed. I play airsoft and when loaded with my gear or even a weapon, strafing and changing direction doesn't happen like this. Slow it down by a good 1/4 or half of what they're currently changing direction at. People have learned to avoid shots this way and it makes for a frustrating experience since you are attempting to simulate realism as closely as possible without going overboard and including scrapes, bummed knees, etc. We appreciate the realism of the combat to the degree it already is, but we do need a small change to strafe speed and everything will be right with movement.

I'm gonna quote you right back on the example. I speak from having sprinted with a rifle, SAPI plates front and back and kit on, I can run very fast for short distances. The accel/decel of doing so is not what it would be without the kit, but adding that is going to make the game clunky. You try changing direction 90 degrees carrying 1/3rd your weight in kit and you are not staying on your feet. You are absolutely not going to do that repeatedly and continuously in a serpentine motion.

@whitby said in Player running and movement speed needs to be slowed dwon.:

I'm gonna quote you right back on the example. I speak from having sprinted with a rifle, SAPI plates front and back and kit on, I can run very fast for short distances. The accel/decel of doing so is not what it would be without the kit, but adding that is going to make the game clunky. You try changing direction 90 degrees carrying 1/3rd your weight in kit and you are not staying on your feet. You are absolutely not going to do that repeatedly and continuously in a serpentine motion.

Like I said too, I play airsoft, and even with a kit on including non-plated plate-carriers (I dont use plates because there's no point, it's a goddamn BB lol) with extra mags, camelbak, grenade pouch, pistol mag pouches, and other various items... I can't even turn 90 degrees like that. When doing so I eat dirt pretty quickly, and that's about it. I'll just roll away from the danger which is fine, but I'm still gonna get a face full of twigs or dirt, one way or another.

I'm certain you're speaking from military experience, which I don't have much of and wont claim to... but the point I rest is even in airsoft I'm weighted down beyond normal exuberance. With an actual 3rd of my weight in a kit (or ruck even) I can honestly say there's no way I'm gonna be able to sprint for long distances or even turn 90 degrees on a dime.

This is why I quoted you though, you had the best response in light of the entire situation. People run just fine, it's the 90 degree pivot serpentine motion that is causing the headache and people wanting run speed reduced.

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.