MudRunner American Wilds Info and Screenshots !(Update)

@sloppyslingers hi Sloppy, did i miss something? muddrunner 2 ?? the new dlc hasn't even been sorted out, and now .. a whole new game?

What price will the DLC itself have?

@semirk11 It's been answered buddy. Go back and read the thread.

@semirk11 Now that I think about it, They answered the price on the standalone version, not the DLC itself... my bad
But with the current price of the game, you can pretty much deduce.

@rufus the new title installment wont be released until later this coming year (2019). Theres not really been much news or information added on here about it other than the official announcement. I say it will probably stay that way until much later this year, as for the upcoming DLC" America Wilds " I'm not sure as to content and addons it will bring other that what has been confirmed already ( Western Star, Hummer H1, and chevy brand of I'm not mistaken) I'm sure there will be a vehicle presentation and dlc overview like there has been in the past in the coming month

@sloppyslingers i checked it out TY for the info!. looks cool, for Next year..__ i wish that they didn't even mention any of this until it is ready or closer to release, look at the new DLC and the others before it. it turns into a feeding frenzy of speculation, guess's, and arguing. so i guess until then I'll just enjoy the game the way it is, which is pretty fuxing awesome, in my book..__Rufus

@rufus yeah it will be point less to try and get any info about the new game right now I'm pretty sure it's not even in full development yet, more so a sales pitch to see how it settles with community and a promo for it. The Spintires name being dropped may loosen up so development abilities and features, yet it is still under a majority of the same development as the current version from what I understand l, anyone correct me if I am wrong. But nobody knows really and I'm sure it will be that way until atleast November or December when it is more concrete

@Iyagovos Do you know approximately when we will hear a release date for the America Wilds dlc? I figure quite a few people are wanting to know if it's not already been stated elsewhere

@sloppyslingers said in MudRunner American Wilds Info and Screenshots !(Update):

@Iyagovos Do you know approximately when we will hear a release date for the America Wilds dlc? I figure quite a few people are wanting to know if it's not already been stated elsewhere

in the first post it said october

So when the release is october i hope we get in semptember every week a preview of a Truck or Map!

Unless these new maps have much much more difficult trails in them or the remaining trucks are something really awesome/uniquely useful, I'm going to pass on this unless it's $5.

Of the trucks shown, I have basically zero interest in the road-oriented logtrucks. Trying to complete the stages using only the C-256 (or whatever it is, the road version of the 255) got old really quick, so these shinier versions of it aren't going to see any use. The Hummer is kinda cool but unless we get some tougher trails to use these things on I see no need for it.

I guess I shouldn't be too negative before I see the price though.

I understand the desire to do rock crawling and "trail" type off roading with huge tires and all that... it's fun and challenging irl, and to be honest i have a family history with building and repairing the vehicles. I do appreciate the equipment. I have some hangups with the use and construction of off road vehicles made specifically for the challenge and nothing else, but off roading for a purpose gets me going.

Mudrunner does it for me, because of how well it does what it is designed to do, and how well it is balanced. Wanting the game to do something other than what is designed to do is a bit silly. Take rock crawling for example.

Watch youtube videos of what modders have done with the game to see what i mean. The physics engine doesn't do it right. Aside from the little trucks bouncing around in ways that defy gravity, there's common glaring issues that seem to be ignored to make it easy. Like how axles and diffs phase through obstacles and tires seem to be able to climb out of holes with miraculous traction.

Aside from the liberties taken with the terrain, gameplay does seem to be a bit stupid. "Oh i am stuck between a huge log and this boulder, good thing my approach angle allows my bumper to pass through the boulder unimpeded and if i just floor the gas pedal i can wiggle around until i eventually force my way up." ; the gameplay seems perfect for dummies that like screaming engines, not for people who like simulations.

If there is an example of a video of realistic rock crawling or trailing then please link. I'll admit that mudrunner modded for these things is the best example out there, but game balance is important, and everything about this game is dialed in around big trucks pulling loads through mud. I'm not satisfied that it can be bent in the way people keep asking for.

If you want challenge, use a road truck to complete the objectives in game, or god damn, get out on the b6a. If that's too much, well... maybe the game isn't what you really want to be playing. Who knows where mudrunner 2 will take us. We might get a playable version of what everyone wants. I'm looking forward to more of the same with american wilds, and i'm going to pay for it without complaint. This is a franchise worth the money, and to keep it coming we need to support the developers.

@grubdumpling i like to wiggle around.. lol

@rufus said in MudRunner American Wilds Info and Screenshots !(Update):

@grubdumpling i like to wiggle around.. lol

Yeah i gotta admit it's a big part of chugging through the mud with the b6a...

@grubdumpling said in MudRunner American Wilds Info and Screenshots !(Update):

I understand the desire to do rock crawling and "trail" type off roading with huge tires and all that... it's fun and challenging irl, and to be honest i have a family history with building and repairing the vehicles. I do appreciate the equipment. I have some hangups with the use and construction of off road vehicles made specifically for the challenge and nothing else, but off roading for a purpose gets me going.

Mudrunner does it for me, because of how well it does what it is designed to do, and how well it is balanced. Wanting the game to do something other than what is designed to do is a bit silly. Take rock crawling for example.

Watch youtube videos of what modders have done with the game to see what i mean. The physics engine doesn't do it right. Aside from the little trucks bouncing around in ways that defy gravity, there's common glaring issues that seem to be ignored to make it easy. Like how axles and diffs phase through obstacles and tires seem to be able to climb out of holes with miraculous traction.

Aside from the liberties taken with the terrain, gameplay does seem to be a bit stupid. "Oh i am stuck between a huge log and this boulder, good thing my approach angle allows my bumper to pass through the boulder unimpeded and if i just floor the gas pedal i can wiggle around until i eventually force my way up." ; the gameplay seems perfect for dummies that like screaming engines, not for people who like simulations.

If there is an example of a video of realistic rock crawling or trailing then please link. I'll admit that mudrunner modded for these things is the best example out there, but game balance is important, and everything about this game is dialed in around big trucks pulling loads through mud. I'm not satisfied that it can be bent in the way people keep asking for.

If you want challenge, use a road truck to complete the objectives in game, or god damn, get out on the b6a. If that's too much, well... maybe the game isn't what you really want to be playing. Who knows where mudrunner 2 will take us. We might get a playable version of what everyone wants. I'm looking forward to more of the same with american wilds, and i'm going to pay for it without complaint. This is a franchise worth the money, and to keep it coming we need to support the developers.

There are a few modders out there that have remedied the issues you're talking about with collusion axles, and some mods do have increased traction values that make things a little too easy. But you can always tweak the files on mods to your liking..and why is ight that you can't see that some people have the same level of passion for bogging through mud in a lifted Chevy that you have for doing it in a rusty duece?

@BRazz989 sez : "..and why is ight that you can't see that some people have the same level of passion for bogging through mud in a lifted Chevy that you have for doing it in a rusty duece?"

I'm pretty sure you haven't read my post.

Also, define "collusion axle" for me.

last edited by grubdumpling

@grubdumpling said in MudRunner American Wilds Info and Screenshots !(Update):

@BRazz989 sez : "..and why is ight that you can't see that some people have the same level of passion for bogging through mud in a lifted Chevy that you have for doing it in a rusty duece?"

I'm pretty sure you haven't read my post.

Also, define "collusion axle" for me.

I'm sorry, I misspelled "collision". Where the axles and suspension actually collide with the terrain, making rock crawling much more difficult and realistic. As far as reading your post, yes I did, and I too will pay for American wilds willingly because the game is great and I enjoy playing it with whatever they give us because it's the best by far on console. I play almost daily and I have my fingers crossed for something better (to me at least...) than the a3151 with the new dlc.

@BRazz989 sorry i didn't make the assumption about the spelling error, i wasn't sure if there was some strange developer terminology for portal axles or eccentric hubs.

The axle/diff collision exists in mudrunner already, so my point was that mods have removed/ignored it in favour of gameplay.

...and my "reading" comment was more related to the angle of my criticism; i've never tried to suppress the wants/needs of others, i've been careful recently to limit my arguments to the suitability of mudrunner for the type of gameplay some have asked for. It's not necessarily that i prefer any kind of off road driving in particular, it's that i sincerely appreciate how mudrunner handles the limited gameplay it offers. Mudrunner has shown that a number of things are possible that other developers haven't.

I'm not particularly loyal to anything, but here's my thinking; some have asked for a lifted chevy pickup to drive around in the existing environments. That's quite simply a front engined body on frame solid axled truck. we already have one of those, the gas66. Sure it's a goofy cab forward version, but what does changing the logo or appearance do for gameplay?

Here's another example... we're getting a hummer. The h1 is a pretty awesome truck, but it's been proven that it can be outperformed by a suzuki sidekick, geo tracker, early kia sportage etc. (I won't use the tacoma argument because it doesn't serve me lol)... and what do we have that compares to a sidekick? We have two colours to choose from there.

We should be more impressed by the addition of truly unique gameplay experiences, or quirky cars. There are some guys that love the b6a... and the unstoppable portal axled air cooled A-whatever...

Crap i can go on and on. Brain hurts from doing this on mobile.

I gotta chill out a bit, i know this. Life is complicated and mudrunner replaced a failing marriage. That's on me and i apologize for my crazy. I just want to support this game.

last edited by grubdumpling

Not sure if the above stuff trailed off from my response, but I wasn't suggesting I want harder trails as in trail-riding stuff (although I'd like that too). I'm fine with delivering logs with 6x6 trucks, I just want to actually be challenged while trying to deliver them.

Without just deliberately trying to drive a convoluted route to cut through more difficult areas unnecessarily, every map can be pretty easily completed with a fully loaded B-131 barely touching the 6x6 mode. If you take more than 5 points of damage on a map (aside from Deluge) you were likely doing something silly/risky anyway, and you should only have fuel problems if you run full throttle and all the wheels turning literally all the time.

Whether it's tighter trails that make it harder to pull a trailer through them, heavier loads being more difficult to move, more hills/holes/off-camber sections, deeper mud, more aggressive rutting, or whatever, something needs to be changed going forward to add some more challenge.

While it is somewhat realistic that the trails used for transporting stuff would take the route that provides the least resistance... It's not very fun to just cruise along an easy route. I guess that's where the game faces a difficult balance though. It's the struggle that is fun in this simulation game, but obviously the most realistic thing you can do in this simulation game is to avoid driving any treacherous routes... We have to avoid fun to be realistic.

I suppose it could be argued that trying to use the road-oriented trucks to deliver the logs could be more "challenge" but it's hardly the same thing. If you have a truck and you want a challenge, most people look for a tougher trail rather than slash their own tires.

I agree that things like the Hummer aren't particularly useful... It's not something I'd focus on adding to the game, but if it's available I'd probably choose it over the UAZ or ZAZ just because it's something I haven't used several times already. I guess put simply, I don't need it but if it's there and it's different I'll give it a try. Not gonna pay much for it though.

last edited by -Morbid-