MudRunner 2 Announcement

I'm late to the party, but damn I love this game. I purchased it and played it for the first time when American Wilds was released, but I have to say I very much prefer the base game and the Soviet trucks/maps. It has really opened my eyes for these good old work horses.

Whatever you do for the sequel, do not step away from the Soviet/Russia/Belarus stuff, 'cause I can' t get enough of it! Keep up the good work!

Also, is it true that the original creator is back onboard? If so, that's awesome!

@patrikswe Hey there,

Yep, Pavel has worked on MudRunner, all the DLC, and will continue to work on MudRunner 2.

last edited by Jellyfoosh

@iyagovos said in MudRunner 2 Announcement:

@patrikswe Hey there,

Yep, Pavel has worked on Spintires: MudRunner, all the DLC, and will continue to work on MudRunner 2.

Hocus Pocus Focus, this is such a rip-off, all of the people who remember pavel in 2014 remember how much of an absolute bully he was to the community and modders, i mean really i aint buying anything with spintires anymore.

@riskywisky It was announced that Pavel was working on MudRunner when we first announced the game in August 2017.

Devs, SpinTires has been banged around since 2011 and I really think it has advanced officially like it was meant to. I have met great friends through SpinTires modding community but what I saw is really amazing mods but the advanced gameplay features were unlocked by modding community. Why would I think about

What should of been covered officially in Mud Runner:
-advanced dynamic weather
-tracked vehicles ( i have a tracked vehicle that dosen't need spintires mod)
-fully modeled 3d cockpits
-proper gear and engine simulation
-openable doors, windows, hoods
-small parts that fall off if vehicle has impact with object
-working trains and rails
-working boats with river crossings
-more sophisticated lumber delivery system which could suggest points per individual log so you could play hardcore mode you can load up as many logs as the truck can take it and it will be per individual log not a bundle.
-advanced sound scrips that cover more truck sounds
-AI
-dynamic wildlife that can intteract with
-AI that speaks to you, even the driver, he talks about his mood or how he feels about things.

MR2 will cost money and it will drift away from MR. One project after the other leaving players only hopeing. MR turned out to be holding back alot of features. What good can making MR 2 do?

last edited by Gabe_3.0

@riskywisky said in MudRunner 2 Announcement:

Hocus Pocus Focus, this is such a rip-off, all of the people who remember pavel in 2014 remember how much of an absolute bully he was to the community and modders, i mean really i aint buying anything with spintires anymore.

Bye Bye!
When you will leave the Forum?

I aint sayin' nothin about leavin'. Moddin' this game is what I do and i will keep doin' it till the game dies. The only statement made there was that I most likely will not buy mr2 only because everyone that played in 2014 (and i dont think you played then) remember who PZ was.

@riskywisky
then you know me not good enough, i was there from day 1. and also donated for this game.

what i don´t understand is that everybody is complaining about this game. How much does this game cost and how many hours of fun you have with it? It´s totally worth the money.

PZ was a bully because the old publisher where a bunch of a**holes.

@Alpscruiser yes the game is worth the money and yes i am saying that oovee was a group of hoes and were broke, so they sold the game name.

When more news about Mudrunners2 for ps4?

@runa_cat I heard the opposite, the developer refused to work for the publisher Oovee and then defected to his old employer Saber taking the code and planned updates with him and putting them into a "refurbished" version and selling it as a new game to exploit the Spintires community. My opinion is the new developer is greedy, there's very little difference between the two games. If it wasn't for Oovee Spintires would not have been brought to market.

@alpscruiser why bully the Spintires community if the publishers were a bunch of naughty boys? From what I can see as far back as Dec 2014 PZ refused to do updates and improvements, took features out the game and then defected with those to make a new game which should have been for the original Spintires. Seems to me PZ is the naughty boy.

PS: I'm not leaving the forum 😉

Admin Edit: Please read and respect the forum rules.

last edited by Netheos

Past the base game I have gotten hrs and hr more out of the game with the Mods on PC and will continue to do that..thanx to the Modding community..I will continue to get more hrs of fun out of it....it is bar none the best truck SIM game out there despite all the issues..I will also continue to buy any new mudrunner style games from then....

Well my opinion is that this is easy game but fun. The next step to make it more fun I would like to add is

More than 20 various vehicles (Addon cars to import easy way like in MudR 1 not swap)
20 mapsor insert map editor
Weather changes (sun, rain, snow, fog)
Transport not only goods but vehicles alike
Anything else like physics, easy/hardmode, multiplayer can be same as it was in Mudrunner 🙂

Just give a new or thoroughly modernized engine simulating different types of ground, water, weather, snow and with a lot of possibilities and tools for modders. Some career system, scenarios and the ability to create your own scenarios. Put various machines - trucks, cars, bulldozers , harvesters and the possibility of cutting trees, tracked vehicles. Then just give the console players access to any mods. Finally, you can even add trains and boats for transporting different things, because why not? There's never too much fun.

last edited by knight25

@knight25 sounds fun and easy enough for devs in 2019 to achieve but.. u know them xd if half of those are done in MR2 we should bow and praise 24/7

@knight25 said in MudRunner 2 Announcement:

Just give a new or thoroughly modernized engine simulating different types of ground, water, weather, snow and with a lot of possibilities and tools for modders. Some career system, scenarios and the ability to create your own scenarios. Put various machines - trucks, cars, bulldozers , harvesters and the possibility of cutting trees, tracked vehicles. Then just give the console players access to any mods. Finally, you can even add trains and boats for transporting different things, because why not? There's never too much fun.

never dare to dream about all that..if we get half or even a 1/3 of that it would be a miracle...

At this point, I wish the developer would just release this as a sandbox game, provide us modders the right tools to create great content, and then they can sit back and collect the $$$.

To the developers, here is my wishlist. Do with it what you will.. 🙂

• Full 64 bit architecture
  • Larger custom map size options like those provided in the modloader. I'd be happy with 128x128.
  • Increase the height cap to at least 256 instead of 64
  • Deeper mud limits
  • Further draw distance. If the distance is exceeded it should be culled by fog, not black geometry
  • The ability to opt-into updates not have them forced on us. ld like to be able to choose when I update my game and my editor.
  • Support for animated objects, maybe even attach AI for animals that would support herding, and crowd flow.

Most of this is already do-able with the modloader so i know the existing engine can handle it. Please just wrap the features we use most in the modloader into the actual bits of the game. Thanks!

-PiX3LMonkey