MudRunner 2 Announcement

American Wilds might just be its own game, called Mudrunner 2. In that case, YAY... I guess...

@sloppyslingers said in MudRunner 2 Announcement:

This is going to be a complete waste of money it will be the same exact game that we have now just like mudrunner is just a refurbished versions of the original Spintires. Small maps, boring missions, under powered vehicles, and lack of content. Will get around 9 vehicles at launch and probably 5 or 6 maps that are very close to what we have now. This development team does not listen to the community or have any creativity. I and whole lot of other people have lost hope in this game and the development team. And before the hate comments from the people that "love" this game and disagree with any criticism , go to the Facebook page where this announcement is and read the comments and try to count the people that are looking forward to this verse the people who wont buy it and are disappointed with the current version. This game hasn't been out for a year yet and has already lost a huge amount of its community. There is no reason for PC players to buy this when they can download mods that are better than anything that will be released. And as for console it would be a waste to buy this because it will be the same we have now just different name. I personally will not be purchasing and will not be buying the America Wilds dlc if it is priced more than $15 USD .

I personally think that they may have just flipped the script and turned American Wilds into a standalone game. It probably has something to do with them realizing that they have too much crammed into one DLC, so they turned it into its own game.

@toyama-tokanava said in MudRunner 2 Announcement:

American Wilds might just be its own game, called Mudrunner 2. In that case, YAY... I guess...

No, American Wilds in an expansion for MudRunner.

MudRunner 2 is its own game, separated from MudRunner.

last edited by Jellyfoosh

@netheos I am quite curious, about that "separated from Spintires: Mudrunner"...
Is it like
"Final separation from Oovee heritage"
or
"completely new title that has abolutely nothing to do with current one"
?🤔

I mean I LIKE current game, I LIKE its settings with old soviet trucks, so I hope you will not take it away from me...😢

@sodoma I agree with you, old and rusty vehicles😁

these features should not come out of the current game and mudrunner 2, It's these details that make people love the game so much, and make it unique.💚💛💙

last edited by fabio brasil

@sodoma It means that it will be an standalone new game, not DLC to MR.

@knight25 Exactly. I don't see them going too far away from the current game model, so...
I just really hope they buil it from scratch again and put in a renewed version of the graphic engine. The physics are ok, imo. Of course they need a touch here and there, but what I'm looking forward to is an improvement on the game mechanics, graphics and a lot of new content.
Also hope they don't do like codemasters with Dirt and turn it into an acadey game just to rise the sales.

i just hope one thing with mudrunner 2 that they wont have shadow of spintires past and they really do develop game like it should be developed, not like mudrunner 1

@sloppyslingers the reason that Mudrunner is a 'refurbish of the original' is because.... That's what it was meant to be. It was an attempt to restart the game with a new publisher, who actually cares about their games, unlike the publisher of Spintires.

That's literally the reason why it's basically the same game: Because it IS. The original publisher forced the developer to stop working on it because they didn't want to support the game anymore, and so the dev went to someone else who WOULd support the game.

And if you think about it, most simulation-type games like this which are part of a series are basically refubishes of the previous game.

Farming Simulator does the same thing.

Honestly, most video games do the same thing.

So, really, that complaint is a complaint about the entire media form, not just a specific game.

@zamal said in MudRunner 2 Announcement:

i just hope one thing with mudrunner 2 that they wont have shadow of spintires past and they really do develop game like it should be developed, not like mudrunner 1

Firmly disagree, let me know if you want details.

@zamal said in MudRunner 2 Announcement:

@grubdumpling lets hear

Here's a recycled post.

posted in MudRunner - General Discussion 26 Jul 2018, 16:06 • read more
brandon450 said in Mudrunner USA:

"No concrete plans but i think they might have something in the works, they need to to keep the longevity more boring big underpowered trucks is not what the console community wants"

Boring big underpowered trucks is what this game is about, but some would argue the environment is the main character. Console community has a great deal of choice when it comes to off road "action" games, we only have one mudrunner and we love it this way. An apple cannot simultaneously be an orange.

And i think the big surprise will be more of the same core gameplay and equipment fans of the series hope for. I'd say after this long of doing it right, the devs are not likely to change direction until the franchise is bought by someone who values money over individuality, quality and purity.

last edited by grubdumpling

@grubdumpling
wow wow.. u went off topic pretty quick there

i wanted to hear why u disagreed, i really dont care what console gets since iv got game on pc
i like boring underpowered truck,s never was fan of trail riding with american trucks, never will be just give me snow, desert, dense forest, rain, fog, different objectives, bunch of trucks, bunch of tracked trucks, working mirrors, realistic dash with working gauges, thrice as big maps, useless addons like beacons and 2 point garage trailers in mudrunner 2 and do it all with effort, then it will be worth buying

last edited by zamal

So... if you like mudrunner... why do you want it to be different?

@grubdumpling said in MudRunner 2 Announcement:

So... if you like mudrunner... why do you want it to be different?

One of the worst arguments I have ever heard.. 🤦♂
Read a few more times what zamal wrote and think about it

@zamal You're absolutely right

last edited by knight25

@grubdumpling said in MudRunner 2 Announcement:

And i think the big surprise will be more of the same core gameplay and equipment fans of the series hope for. I'd say after this long of doing it right, the devs are not likely to change direction until the franchise is bought by someone who values money over individuality, quality and purity.

This don't make much sense to me. How can "more of the same" be a "big surprise"? And if they really valued those things over money, they would continue to improve on the existing product instead of releasing a sequel. Especially if it's just going to be more of the same, as you think. The more different it is, the more sense it makes to do it as a sequel, don't you agree?

But also, you seem to imply that the game is pretty much perfect and cannot be improved. The game can change and still be about big, underpowered trucks. I have no problems with what the game currently is, but at the same time I acknowledge that it could be so much more.

i'd rather have them make the "more of the same" as good as possible and up to date for a 2019 game, the current game is just outdated and stuck in 2011. but since they already announced that they're gonna use the "renowned physics engine" i have doubts that they're gonna do much to it, the game really needs a complete overhaul, especially graphics-wise.

since they have ambitions to give it more variety than soviet military trucks (see american wilds), maybe we'll see a new setting too, but i wouldn't be sad if they don't. it's kinda what made spintires/mudrunner the game it is today, yet the relatively easy modding makes it whatever you want to be anyway, so maybe it doesn't even need to change that

Hmm. Quite a few instances of my post being taken out of context, and some examples of illiteracy once again.

Edit: perhaps i didn't read someone's poorly written entitlement rant correctly, so for that part i am sorry i can't assume meaning from bad english.

last edited by grubdumpling

A few interseting things i would like to see is

more than 4 players can attend
bigger maps
and Different types of trucks a
more maps and just more terrain decade ( eg. the more you drive over the same area you start making your own road) , in current mud runner we have seen the there is the some decay but not that realistic ,

But other than that the game is Amazazing i stream it alot and people love it

keep up the Good work