Battlefleet Gothic Armada 2 Journalist's Edition

Today's Gamescom 2018 ends. As you can see here https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/28018/focus-home-gamescom-2018-line-up Focus Home Interactive went to that event with a number of games that they are publishing. Evry day, from Monday to Thursday they were publishing media materials for 2 games. But there was a game that got nothing like that. Battlefleet Gothic Armada 2. A game that should be, recording to the official informations, released next month. A game that has any gameplay video nor screenshot or any wider information about what this game really is and how it looks like.

Let's look when the other games that somehow got media materials are planned to be released:

Call of Cthulhu - October 30th
The surge 2 - 2019
Space Hulk: Tactics - October 9
Fear The Wolves - Early Access August 28th 2018. I do not count this as release date because the game is not finished.
Farming Simulator 19 - November 20
Insurgency: Sandstorm - September 18

So a few months at least. Any of those games have gameplay videos and other media materials, often released long before Gamescom. Only Battlefleet Gothic Armada 2, a game that has a release date on the next month, has absolutely nothing of that kind. What we have are silent developers that haven't posted a thing on official forum form years and aren't frequent guest on it either, that much they care https://forums.focus-home.com/groups/tindalos-interactive-team. The community is totally ignored and disregarded by developers and publishers. Even if the community manager claims otherwise because he is most often responding on @ at the Discord. But what those responses are?

1. That he has nothing to say, with is not helpful at all and has the same value as silents.
  2. He is always ready to proudly present to us months old materials that everybody already knows.
  3. Recently he is announcing news for the "next week" and when "next week" passes he says that he hadn't promised anything so all is cool but we may expect something next week with turns out the same.
    I do not really know if he even understands the situation at all. I have doubts after one of his recent message on the Discord after we have learned that BF is the only FHI's game that will present nothing to the people at the Gamescom: "So
    The problem is that we aren't giving you the marketing materials that you'd like, right?
    You'd like more trailers, more ship profiles, more of that sort of thing?"
    So is he even aware of what and when we got something last time from them? For me this message is brazen. We have absolutely nothing from them for months, the release is next month and he is asking what is the problem? Total ignorance or total Impudence. To be fair he is not the responsible for all this mess but this does change the fact that Focus Home Interactive and Tindalos Interactive are totally disregarding BFGA Community.

But there are those who aren't ignored are journalists and there are media materials for them. And they are even "excited" to show the game to the, most probably, selectively chosen group https://twitter.com/BFG_Armada/status/1027896872147607552 . For people who will pay for the game, they have nothing but silents, excuses, and mockery.

All the official information that we have from developers and publishers:

Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 - Reveal Trailer January 21, 2018
Youtube Video

Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 – Forging a Sequel January 31, 2018
Youtube Video

Answering Your Frequently Asked Questions April 4, c2018 I think, the post may be older but the topic was hidden for some time.
https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/5332/answering-your-frequently-asked-questions

That the game is available to preorder from Maj 31, 2018 and there were closed multiplayer alpha and beta tests and it is planned for next month.

MAIN FEATURES:
-The ultimate Warhammer 40,000 space naval warfare experience
-All 12 factions from the original tabletop game
-Three dynamic solo campaigns (Tyranids, Necrons and Imperium)
-An ambitious, full-blown sequel featuring epic battles with far larger fleets
-Refined and improved gameplay, including new choices for ship customization
-Improved multiplayer modes and features for a better online experience
-The first videogame in Games Workshop's new "Gathering Storm" setting

https://store.steampowered.com/wishlist/profiles/76561197988582202/

There was some sort of stupid pokemon like game too:

29 June 2018 https://twitter.com/BFG_Armada/status/1012687901522563072

5 juli 2018 https://twitter.com/BFG_Armada/status/1014886628291219457

only 2 episodes of this farce that broth nothing.

Those are official information. There a few information outside developer and publisher:

February 14, 2018, What's Next 2018 - Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 on Chapter Master Valrak youtube:
Youtube Video

and

February 27, 2018, Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2: Developer Interview:
Youtube Video

most recent information we have is this from August 22, 2018:
https://www.gamereactor.eu/previews/688543/Battlefleet+Gothic+Armada+2/

No new media materials of course. The gap between the last information and previous one is July 5 to August 22 but only for stubborn ones because it is that good for nothing pokemon silliness. Any information of real value is Valrek's interview from February 27. a half a year. And official info January 31 Forging a Sequel youtube video, so about 7 months ago.

And now to all those who claim that we are sufficiently informed.

1. Can you name a game that had not even a single screenshot published a month before release?
  2. Can you name a game that has over half a year information gap a month before release?
  3. Can you call sufficient information situation when people do not know what they are actually buying a month before release if there were not chosen to the alpha/beta testing?
last edited by Grey Seer

There are gameplay videos with some infos from the gamescom Pressrelease on friday. They only speaks german but you can get a crasp of the UI and the generals feeling of the games.

Youtube Video – [1:18:05..]

I can´t really understand why there are so little material for the game.

At least the gameplay looks quite nice.

I just hope they take as much time as they need to deliver a polished product.

lmao @Grey-Seer still at it? Honestly don't even know what your stance is except to trash on the BFG:A devs. If that is your goal then you're wasting so much energy, nobody cares about your rants. They released new information, happy now?

Just as I said, end of August or beginning of September we would receive something, either a push back on release or announcements about the impending launch. It happened and your rants are all without reason now. Just calm down, sit back and wait for the launch date.

@alandauron An what has changed? All from OP is still actual. What news we have? A fancy trailer that is very well made but what new it brings? Nothing new only distraction and empty hype. They still did not show us how the game looks like, such thing they reserve only to a journalist. Same as informing about such thing as release delay. We customers, ware the last to learn about it and only a day before the original release window.

journos have already show how gameplay looks like, its posted 3 messages above yours
trailer tels us Trazyn is who the necron campaign is about
which is massive news
and netheos already told you why they couldnt tell you about delay

last edited by Ashardalon

@ashardalon
Exactly. Journalists have shown us gameplay. What developers and publisher have done meantime? And what those journalists have shown as are some pathy conglomerate of few seconds video with the commentary with the majority of customers do not understands.
If anyone has the slightest idea what Gathering Storm was about he could guess it without a problem.
^ it is no news, it is an obvious thing. The same "shock" will be when Archmagos Dominus Belisarius Cawl will be "reviled" as leader of Adeptus Mechanicus?
He told what? That they had some "complicated discussions"? It was suspicious from 10/08 so from this meeting with the press. They have received information that the release will be delayed, maybe no solid date but they were informed and we do not get anything like that. There was no "the release will or may be delayed'' for us. Only when the release window was the next day they have said something to us. And why they couldn't tell us? Because of they own machinations and rules they alone set up.

@Grey Seer, oh wise wise soul you have finally broken through my hard shell and made me see the err of my ways. I will take back my pre-order post haste and take up your cause of spreading the truth of....wait, what's the goal here? I mean we are OBVIOUSLY being poorly treated by the devs who should be bending over backwards to share news with us, we are the ones paying their checks by purchasing the game am I right?

But...what is your goal? I mean if you're going to attack everything they do release as "not significant" then why should they release anything at all? You're just a troll, albeit a very determined one.

@alandauron said in Battlefleet Gothic Armada 2 Journalist's Edition:

lmao @Grey-Seer still at it? Honestly don't even know what your stance is except to trash on the BFG:A devs. If that is your goal then you're wasting so much energy, nobody cares about your rants. They released new information, happy now?

Just as I said, end of August or beginning of September we would receive something, either a push back on release or announcements about the impending launch. It happened and your rants are all without reason now. Just calm down, sit back and wait for the launch date.

@Grey-Seer has been a part of this community since early in the release of the first game, and used to be a very positive part of the community. But having been given complete radio silence from FHI all throughout the first game - even as it killed the game - and then getting that again with the second this entire time, I completely understand why they've gotten this way. FHI seems to be actively hostile towards its supporters, yet wants us to get excited and give them money for something that doesn't even exist yet.

They deserve the derision they're getting. Gamers need to stop giving free passes for bad community management. I watched it kill the first BFG:A. I watched it kill Section 8. I watched it kill HEX. I'd much prefer if it didn't kill BFG:2.

@grey-seer
Hey. My man. We are both veterans from the first game's early days and big fans of the Imperium buuut... can you, like, stop? Maybe?

Its mildly upsetting to see you go on these crazy rants relentlessly about 'lack of news'. I've been quiet so far since, no matter how disproportionately noisy you got, you technically had a point.
But now we have trailers, announcements, gaming articles and a live communication link direct to the devs (and we actually sometimes get a response! Now that was unheard of in BFG1). That's as much as should be expected of a games company. But you're still here. Still complaining about lack of information.

I mean the best intentions but you sound like a right loon with the daily rants. Page after page of rants. Always about the same things. I mean, Holy Emperor that's a lot of ranting. At some point words just started blurring together and I don't even know what your point is anymore.

So, for the betterment of everyone here. Stop. Please. The issue has been rectified.

last edited by CALiGeR_Reborn

@caliger_reborn said in Battlefleet Gothic Armada 2 Journalist's Edition:

@grey-seer
Hey. My man. We are both veterans from the first game's early days and big fans of the Imperium buuut... can you, like, stop? Maybe?

Its mildly upsetting to see you go on these crazy rants relentlessly about 'lack of news'. I've been quiet so far since, no matter how disproportionately noisy you got, you technically had a point.
But now we have trailers, announcements, gaming articles and a live communication link direct to the devs (and we actually sometimes get a response! Now that was unheard of in BFG1). That's as much as should be expected of a games company. But you're still here. Still complaining about lack of information.

I mean the best intentions but you sound like a right loon with the daily rants. Page after page of rants. Always about the same things. I mean, Holy Emperor that's a lot of ranting. At some point words just started blurring together and I don't even know what your point is anymore.

So, for the betterment of everyone here. Stop. Please. The issue has been rectified.

If I've been punching you in the testicles for days, are you going to suddenly be happy if I stop doing it for five minutes, or are you still going to be upset that it happened, and will continue to happen going forward?

I'll be 100% on your side in calling out pointless negativity if and when FHI show that they've stopped committing to that pointlessly frustrating tactic. Throwing out one trailer and announcing the delay when people were expecting the game is not evidence of that. If they continue to give the community information going forward, then absolutely, completely different conversation.

@romeo I get the frustration, I simply call for a return to normality. That's why I'm keeping it friendly, I'm not denouncing anyone I'm trying to make an appeal.
The inevitable shit-cacophony this game will kick up when it launches will deafen the universe and smear everything angry and brown, I'd like to keep things as positive and civil as possible until then.
A man can hope.

@romeo I get the frustration, I simply call for a return to normality. That's why I'm keeping it friendly, I'm not denouncing anyone I'm trying to make an appeal.
The inevitable shit-cacophony this game will kick up when it launches will deafen the universe and smear everything angry and brown, I'd like to keep things as positive and civil as possible until then.
A man can hope.

Ha, you and I are polar opposites. I actually have very high hopes for the game itself, and assuming the reviews are good at launch, I'll be too busy playing it to even come here. My only frustration is FHI's silence policy, and I want them to suffer for that.

@romeo I’m not saying the game will be bad, I’m just saying there will be a lot of shit flung around.
It always happens when a game like this releases.

last edited by CALiGeR_Reborn

@romeo said in Battlefleet Gothic Armada 2 Journalist's Edition:

A man can hope.

Ha, you and I are polar opposites. I actually have very high hopes for the game itself, and assuming the reviews are good at launch, I'll be too busy playing it to even come here. My only frustration is FHI's silence policy, and I want them to suffer for that.

Do we know if this is a Focus directive or Tindalos? Publishers generally have greater control over communications but developers can be generally lackluster as it's not their forte. From my experience in the first game, it's the latter.

There is most likely a hush policy in place over the development team until let's say, Open beta, and then CMs and Developers are free to interact as "normal".

@lkhero said in Battlefleet Gothic Armada 2 Journalist's Edition:

@romeo said in Battlefleet Gothic Armada 2 Journalist's Edition:

A man can hope.

Do we know if this is a Focus directive or Tindalos? Publishers generally have greater control over communications but developers can be generally lackluster as it's not their forte. From my experience in the first game, it's the latter.

There is most likely a hush policy in place over the development team until let's say, Open beta, and then CMs and Developers are free to interact as "normal".

Hard to say. I noticed a similar lack of information from Space Hulk, but it very well could've been coincidence that they're both just quiet developers who work for FHI. Then again, FHI is the publisher: They could just straight up tell Tindalos to smarten up if they wanted. So one way or another, they're responsible to a degree.

It's the same for most FHI games, so I am pretty sure it is more a publisher thing here. A friend of mine works for a rather successful indie games studio (6 employees, him included) and they are really, really working hard to communicate as much as possible with their (potential) consumers. I think the Tindalos crew is painfully aware of this, too.

last edited by Hjalfnar_HGV

@hjalfnar_hgv said in Battlefleet Gothic Armada 2 Journalist's Edition:

It's the same for most FHI games, so I am pretty sure it is more a publisher thing here. A friend of mine works for a rather successful indie games studio (6 employees, him included) and they are really, really working hard to communicate as much as possible with their (potential) consumers. I think the Tindalos crew is painfully aware of this, too.

What I don't understand is that everyone knows that the game is delayed now, so why the continued silence? The concept that developers don't owe us anything is a thing in the past. Games live or die based on development's ability to communicate and even craptastic games see the light of day because their devs understand the value of community relations and free advertisement. That's why multimedia platforms like Twitch is so important. I've said this many times before in the past (on the old forums), but Twitch is essentially free marketing for a game. There is less and less reason for a game to be NDA these days unless they're completely crash-prone and advertising them would cause more harm than good.

I have not much time lately, even to be grumpy and I really do not like writhe on my phone.

First of all. Hello to old veterans @CALiGeR_Reborn , @Romeo , and @Hjalfnar_HGV

@CALiGeR_Reborn unfortunately, I do not agree with you that " issue has been rectified". Everything from my OP stays. Do we have a new trailer? and what is such interesting and new in it? Nothing. A fancy trailer that had to take a lot of time and rescuers and showing nothing of value, our knowledge about the game is the same as before. Announcements? and what value announcements, especially in the case of this particular game, have? Gaming articles? Yeah, in German, Italian and French, and which caused confusion about the release date. Live communication link direct to the devs? First, since when? Second, how much value this link has? How much more we know since this great "opening"? Is that as much as should be expected of a games company? Like information about long push release in the day before first official release window? No in-game materials to this day? In what other game we have such situation? Yeah, I'm still here because the problem is still here too.

@grey-seer said in Battlefleet Gothic Armada 2 Journalist's Edition:

I have not much time lately, even to be grumpy and I really do not like writhe on my phone.

First of all. Hello to old veterans @CALiGeR_Reborn , @Romeo , and @Hjalfnar_HGV

@CALiGeR_Reborn unfortunately, I do not agree with you that " issue has been rectified". Everything from my OP stays. Do we have a new trailer? and what is such interesting and new in it? Nothing. A fancy trailer that had to take a lot of time and rescuers and showing nothing of value, our knowledge about the game is the same as before. Announcements? and what value announcements, especially in the case of this particular game, have? Gaming articles? Yeah, in German, Italian and French, and which caused confusion about the release date. Live communication link direct to the devs? First, since when? Second, how much value this link has? How much more we know since this great "opening"? Is that as much as should be expected of a games company? Like information about long push release in the day before first official release window? No in-game materials to this day? In what other game we have such situation? Yeah, I'm still here because the problem is still here too.

Don't recognize the name Grey Seer (well, I do, but I played Skaven back in WHFB).. so I did a quick search on the old forums, and funny enough, I found some activity in this thread titled "Devs are hiding".
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&author_id=4572&start=80

And here we are again, 2 years later.

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.