Blood Bowl Chaos Edition: Not Launching/Crashing on startup

So I re-installed Blood Bowl Chaos Edition recently hoping to play after a long time away. It used to run fine on my pc and the only change I made was an upgrade to 64 bit (since I was stupid enough not to get the 64 bit version....long story). Sadly after installing the game I found that it crashes on start up. All I see it the initial Blood Bowl Chaos Edition small start up screen then it just shuts down.
I have verified the game cache, uninstall and re-installed twice now, tried a few tricks I've seen here/steam forums with deleting or re-naming videos in the data folder, I've run it as administrator and tried to let windows fix it there, I've basically tried everything short of doing command prompt verifying since I don't really know how to do that (suggested on the Blood Bowl support website).
One thing I have noticed though is that whenever it does crash it creates a MDMP file in the game's file location named something like bb_chaos50332162_crash_2018_1_2TO_6_39C0.mdmp

I was wondering if anyone had a similar problem and knew a solution?

Focus Team

A. Update or repair Microsoft DirectX:

1. Run Steam and click LIBRARY.
  2. Right click on 'Blood Bowl: Chaos Edition' and click 'Properties'.
  3. Click the tab 'LOCAL FILES' then click the button 'BROWSE LOCAL FILES...'.
  4. Open the folder 'redist' then the folder 'DirectX' and the folder 'Jun2010'.
  5. Run the application 'DXSETUP' (DXSETUP.exe).

B. Install or repair Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable:

1. Run Steam and click LIBRARY.
  2. Right click on 'Blood Bowl: Chaos Edition' and click 'Properties'.
  3. Click the tab 'LOCAL FILES' then click the button 'BROWSE LOCAL FILES...'.
  4. Open the folder 'redist'.
  5. Run the application 'vc_redist.x64' (vc_redist.x64.exe) and click the button 'Install' or 'Repair'.
  6. Run the application 'vc_redist.x86' (vc_redist.x86.exe) and click the button 'Install' or 'Repair'.

Thanks for the reply.
I tried those two methods previously as well, and tried them again before posting this, to be sure.
Still no luck, still only the small start up image of Blood Bowl Chaos Edition and then it crashes/goes away.

This is probably nothing though the DXSETUP.exe wasnt in the place you described,
Redist>DirectX>A whole bunch of month dated files with the DXSETUP.EXE down the list

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.