Insurgency: Sandstorm - Known Issues

As M249 using 2X cobra I get a black pixelated ring around the outer ring of the site. It happens 50% of the time.

All detail set to low.

@frickhazard Sometimes the stuck in spectator glitch also happens in pve, have to leave and search for another game since as far as I'm aware there's no other workaround to it.

I'm stuck in the spectator mode in all modes, can't join PvE or PvP, frustrating as hell.

FPS are higher than in first beta but gameplay stutters/jitters.

last edited by AbeNormal

Whenever I try to join a game, pvp or pve, my game either crashes or locks me as a spectator. i can't play the game at all

I have already made a post about this, but I thought I'd put it here too just in case:

I have noticed that in my time playing the game, I have jumped ahead levels a few times.
First time it occurred on my first match. I leveled up to level 3 from the first match. However, I only got 100 credits even though I leveled up twice.
Later, I leveled up from 5, to 6. With just barely enough XP to make it to level 6. However, once I reached level 6 and it displayed my rewards, it jumped up to level 7. It then displayed the exact same rewards I got for level 6, but when I checked, I didn't get an extra 100 credits.

So I've found that now and then, the game will boost you up an extra level, and that extra level it boosts you doesn't even give you a reward.

I provide more explanation on my topic post, which can be found here.
https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/28901/level-skipping-no-rewards

Cause for the spectator bug (getting put into spec, can't join team): people have installed SS on external HDD.

Everything that should be fixed. Their are a few things i think should be fixed in this game before release. I have been playing this game since day 1 Beta 1 and this is what I think should be changed. First off optimization is a large issue, it feels like PUBG when it caame out, FPS is always low (40-60); around 145 FPS would make this game run and feel way better. Another issue i have noticed is hitregs not registering correctly..Another issue is i think you sould have 5-10 seconds to spawn in once an OBJ is taken because you miss spawn a lot. That is all the things i have at the moment.

When will we get the damn spectator lock issue acknowledged at least? It's been around since the start of the beta and not really a hint of a solution for it out yet, or a fix.

I having an issue where non on my in game controlls are weaking i can confirm the keyboard works. the only thing that the game does it cntrl enter for full screen. once i spawned with this issue and got kicked for afk and second them while in windowed mode i mouse left the window and dragged the screen to expanned it

The game appears to be leaking memory since the last update. I did post about this earlier, as the memory usage creeps up to ~7.8GB on users with 8GB of RAM, and then the game starts to freeze, with background applications crashing.

Sometimes when spawning in in a Co-op match, there will be 1/2 Enemy AI present looking at your spawn. As all your teammates load in and check their weapons, the enemy AI that is present proceeds to kill any teammates that have just spawned. Also have run into an issue where we would plant and detonate explosives in Co-op, to find that it did not destroy the objective. We replanted and detonated again to no avail, and ended up losing due to time running out.

First of all, I would like to thank you the developer for making this game. I have played this game pretty much everyday since I got them years ago (1800+ hours now and counting). I would really like to see Sandstorm to be a successful game against all the triple A titles. The only way I can help is by purchasing the game and give you a feedback to improve the game. As of Beta 2 and hot fix 1, here are the problems I found so far (will update it as I test the latest hot fix 2 in coming days):

Control binding: The toggle for crouch and sprint. When I have these 2 on, there is a transition problem from crouch to sprint. When I was on crouch position and decided to sprint, it intermittently allow me to switched to sprint straight away when I hit the sprint key (toggled). However, many times this process didn't work as I had to manually hit the crouch key again to stand up before I can sprint.

Playing public Firefight on Crossing and didn't respawn with team at the start of the 2nd round.

There is a blurring effect around the corners of the screen that appears sometimes and also moving the camera blurs everything, can this be fixed?

last edited by zefs

Having extremely long loading times and exceedingly high pings despite being on us east server and with internet speed of 400mb down 22mb up. Game constantly rubber bands me and runs at 0.5 fps despite having everything on low settings while having a pc that could run on high. Performance seems to be worse than in alpha or beta1.

last edited by ReikokuNinja

@spartanviperz said in Insurgency: Sandstorm - Known Issues:

Hey guys,

First off amazing job, loving the game.

Since the start of Alpha and Beta 1 and still a present issue in Beta 2, no one has been able to hear me speak in game and there are no options about voip in-game except to change the keybind.

My microphone is from my hyperX cloud 2 headset and it is listed as my default mic in windows and in steam settings and works in literally every other game I have, so I don't know what the issue is.

If you could help or look in to this, that'd be great

Cheers.

I have the same problem with my mic:
https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/29237/problem-with-microphone

You can see the waist/center "block" through the model of a character.

Can you guys look into the awful technical MG sights? Its just a low textured blob of metal. Can't see through whatsoever!