Insurgency: Sandstorm - Known Issues

Hi loving the game.

My M4A1 has stoppages/jams quite regularly despite having many rounds left in the mag (confirmed by holding down R). Is this a game mechanic or a bug?

Cheers
Chris (UK)

All items in this post pertain to coop mode only.

===EASY TO REPRODUCE / COMMON BUGS===

High Priority:

• Reload bug: May occur most when fast reloading (double tap R) from 0; confirmed weapons: M870 (rare) and FAL (happens a lot).
    --Note: I'm aware of two variations of this bug and that this game has interruptable reload mechanics.
    --I’ll only be able to shoot the one round in chamber even though the bottom-right indicator shows a full mag. If you switch to secondary and back, it will reflect the real empty mag indicator.
    --In the second variation, you can usually see when it occurs by looking at bottom-right mag indicator while reloading. It will show the empty underscore after you reload just before normally disappearing (I've seen this happen as last man standing, standing still, waiting a few seconds after the reload animation finishes with 2 spectating witnesses).
    Edit (added): I think I found out how to reproduce it: This bug occurs with a single R to reload, double tap R, or spamming R. I've tried switching from grenade, but it didn't reproduce it. It works best with a fast equip on your pistol and switch to primary from pistol. I also couldn't get it to work on the MK18 CBR in offline mode. FAL doesn't work in offline either. I've only tested this in online coop. First, empty the nearly all rounds of the FAL. Switch to secondary. When I scroll my mouse wheel up to switch to primary, I tap or double tap, or spam R, the primary should queue that reload and make sure to watch the lower right corner. You will reload, but there might be an empty mag icon or a full one, if it's a full one, try emptying the entire mag to see that you actually reloaded; it will only shoot a few rounds even though the icon says otherwise; switching to something else and back changes the indicator to show the real mag size.

• Sticking C4 can be canceled by switching to another item in inventory after pressing the stick C4 button (default: RMB). Causes buggy inventory with detonator but C4 still showing but cannot be accessed according to selected inventory item. Meanwhile, animation may show you holding the C4. Detonating causes C4 to be inaccessible and remains inaccessible in inventory.

• Picking up teammate's IED causes you to not be able to switch to any other weapon or show what you're holding. There was a way to return to normal but I forgot how; I think you press F again or LMB to "toss" the invisible IED.

• Cooking a grenade in your hand for underhand/lobbing doesn't work. The current workaround is to hold RMB, then hold LMB, let go of RMB and tap RMB and you'll hear the pin release, then hold RMB, release the LMB, and finally release RMB to lob the grenade.

Normal Priority:

• Corpses clipping into level: You can shoot a corpse’s body part with a shotgun up close and it will clip into the wall/floor. This is most reproducible with “Dismemberment” video setting off.

• Foreign object on weapon: FAL has a weird, tiny object that appears to the left side of the weapon just above the magazine if you equip a foregrip. It also moves during a reload.

• Going from menu (loadout or esc default menu) to spectating a player, you have to press space twice to activate the third-person view.

• Pickup vehicle's machine gunner firing sound located somewhere else—sounds like maybe it’s spawn point.

• In the loadout screen, the idle animation with shotgun foregrip and the character’s hand isn’t synced and looks a bit oddly angled at the wrist.

• Crouching mid door-kicking animation causes a weird effect that shows your leg kicking as if your leg was located on your forehead.

• Pressing reload as machine gunner on technical will queue a reload when you leave the truck.

• 2x with laser misaligned with red dot. Laser is the precise location where your bullet will land.

• I love the idle animations where our character looks at his/her weapon, but huge annoyance when you're aiming at a door or stairway waiting for an enemy and it changes where you're aiming.

• Part of M16A2 missing (where the foregrip is attached to) in world view when dropped by a bot.

• You can crouch while round starts in the carrier truck and it looks weird from first-person view and third-person view.

• Pressing tab actually shows your score for a split second.

• M870 pump sound doesn’t always trigger when firing fast or slow.

• No world model for Holosight on enemy Security dropped weapons.

• Characters standing with some space between them and the ground. Hideout as Security tested on bridge at the beginning of the level as well as the area around Crossing's Checkpoint B supply crate.

• Doors can sever corpses.

• I show up in the scoreboard and chat as dead even though I’m alive. Same goes for teammates sometimes.

• Edit (added): I get the suppressed blur effect if the door is kicked open on the first floor of the last point on Hideout as Security if I'm upstairs in the room, crouching on top of the lamp on the floor.

• Edit (added): When you watch another player use a bipod on a box near a wall, that player can aim in a direction where his body is partially clipping into the wall.

===RANDOM BUGS===

High Priority:

• Bots running through closed doors, and also treats them as non-existing when you’re in line of sight through door even though it is in tact and closed. You can test if it's bugged by running through them; you'll get stopped for a split second before pushing through. Unhinged doors can sometimes barely fall down and sit slightly angled in doorway.

Normal Priority:

• Firing the gun creates flashes from the adjacent room and it leaks into the bathroom near the bathtub of the Crossing map as Security on final point.

• Sometimes mid-game, when you fire your gun, it doesn’t make a sound. When this happens, it occurs for a while. A teammates’ weapon can also exhibit this bug.

• Duplicate weapon appears in first person when vaulting over a obstacle while switching weapons.

• Character voice command says something about mag when reloading a shotgun and RPG.

• Going into any kind of menu and switching back to the game can sometimes make the entire game really dark.

• Giant laser dot appears on screen occasionally for a frame when something is not even that close in front of you.

• Truck van's 3D object spazzes out. You can also hear it when defending an objective and the bots are using it; suddenly the sound effect of a vehicle collision becomes frequent and loud and drowns out normal sounds (maybe because of the tinnitus effect of loud sounds?).

• Picking up weapons/items don’t always work. Even though the indicator shows, I can’t pick it up until I get really close, whereas most of the times, I don’t have to get close.

• Resupply box doesn’t open after completing an objective or is already open before completing its respective objective sometimes.

===MISCELLANEOUS===

• Quality of life request: Resupply crate can be improved if it was proximity based instead of wiggling and looking for the indicator to pop up. Holding F to buffer and walking up to it should automatically trigger it. It doesn't work when the indicator is up sometimes.

• Vaulting is annoying to use: If I want to jump on top of a raised item, I hop over it and if it's a ledge, I die from the fall. I have to crouch-jump sideways or backwards so that I don't trigger the vaulting animation. I prefer using crouch-jump as it pretty much does exactly what I want it to do all the time and won't put me in a panic when I vault and a sudden enemy appears.

• Some maps have houses with a raised doorway entrance and is difficult to jump over and into the place.

• MK18 CQBR’s and FAL’s attention to detail on mag release's latch(?) is very nice when mag is pulled. Should it animate also when mag is inserted but just much faster?

• Some weapons don't have as much recoil as Insurgency 2: Crouching reduces recoil too much.

• Shooting flour or stacks of paper is nice attention to detail.

• Edit (added): Add 1-frame communication menu appear and disappear. Having it fade in and out increases time spent for a "enemy spotted" shoutout. It sometimes gets stuck for a few hundred milliseconds when it's being used really fast in conjunction with turning, i.e spotting enemy at your right and turning back.

• Edit (added): Blood decals desync: when viewing a player who has been shot in third-person view, the blood decal moves from its original spot on the body when the player model moves

Unsure if these are intended

• Tapping F at resupply box to restores tossed mags

• Security team can equip 3 C4 items in loadout.

last edited by thisisjames

@spartanviperz

@spartanviperz said in Insurgency: Sandstorm - Known Issues:

Hey guys,

First off amazing job, loving the game.

Since the start of Alpha and Beta 1 and still a present issue in Beta 2, no one has been able to hear me speak in game and there are no options about voip in-game except to change the keybind.

My microphone is from my hyperX cloud 2 headset and it is listed as my default mic in windows and in steam settings and works in literally every other game I have, so I don't know what the issue is.

If you could help or look in to this, that'd be great

Cheers.

Have you checked if it's the default communication device in windows?

@xthereon said in Insurgency: Sandstorm - Known Issues:

Have you checked if it's the default communication device in windows?

yep, I said it right here:

it is listed as my default mic in windows

Hello, this beta, in general, is great. It's clearly not a full game but still good for a beta.

As the you (the development team) may know, the game doesn't run well on a lot of systems. I imagine this is because the maps have a ton of lighting that puts a lot of stress on the engine. Simple light bulbs are okay for lighting as they run simply, but the majority of the lighting found in game is fire, this is not good for optimization as the light source flickers around based on the fire and is not ideal for weaker systems. Tracers are also another problem. I've seen matches where people forbid each other from using tracers because of the lighting they cause. Tracers (while not being a realistic depiction of actual tracers) should have none or little lighting value as they make firefights really hard as the processing of the game is much faster than the output.

Thanks in advance

Ever since the new update, I haven't been able to load into any games at all. I get to the loading screen, it loads super quick, then kicks me. Says "Kicked from server: Host closed the connection".

Same- Kicked from server: Host closed the connection

Nice work on the patch, the bug where contrast increases/decreases when entering the menu and exiting is still there, makes the game really dark sometimes.

I often see characters head or entire body vanish so they look like a suite of clothes running around. Also, I really miss the weapon ready loading animations :face_with_open_mouth_cold_sweat: 😕

Also, I think all players being able to have "smoke launchers" makes no sense at all. If they can afford to equip everyone with a smoke launcher, then that same launcher fires explosive shells. it makes no sense

All of my unlocked items re-lock themselves if I change from them. An example of this is when I changed my character's head it defaulted all the gear and camo and now I cannot select the stuff I had on previously.

Hi all,

I'm still hanging at 95% when trying to join a game. Has anyone got any advice on what I need to do to resolve this issue?

Regards

dedicated server goes after mapcycle alot of times black screen.

Not sure if this is the place to post it. I have a few bugs:

(1) Where: Hideout, near Objective B when playing Co-op as Insurgents).
What: If you exit a truck that is parked up against the fence in the back corner (on the side of the truck that's against the fence), you'll get stuck in the fence.
Picture of the offending fence: https://i.imgur.com/m2wssxz.jpg

(2) Where: Hideout, inside Objective A when playing Co-op as Insurgents.
What: You can jump from a table onto the door frame. If the door is shot down (not kicked; you'd probably die), you can still stay standing on the door frame.
Picture: i.imgur.com/kWtUyOo.jpg

(3) What: Mosin reload animation.
Reload the Mosin, pull the bolt back (ejecting a bullet), and then interrupt the reload by changing weapons. Change back and do it again, and each time a bullet gets ejected even if the magazine is empty.

last edited by reno

Weapons do not eject brass casings or make brass sound when ejected on any surface. Except for shotgun audio (they make shell falling on ground sound).

I tested this on suppressed guns too. The casing and sounds are missing. Previous Insurgency has fantastic immersive casing audio while they littered the ground after an engagement.

Black "bug" textures of some stones, rocks and shrubs are very striking and spoils the visual perception.
This is such a special bug "Unreal Engine 4" which was seen in many games built on it for example in "Fortnite" which was fixed by a patch.
Tried all sorts of settings, nothing helped. Maybe there's something in the config file to configure that would fix this?
How to fix it and will it be fixed by developers?

Screenshots:
https://imgur.com/WfmwhTb
https://imgur.com/Nj1uVKW
https://imgur.com/Ce5IVLE
https://imgur.com/Lr0Zyo6
https://imgur.com/fma5wXb
https://imgur.com/voq07xo

Black "bug" textures of some stones, rocks and shrubs are very striking and spoils the visual perception.
This is such a special bug "Unreal Engine 4" which was seen in many games built on it for example in "Fortnite" which was fixed by a patch.
Tried all sorts of settings, nothing helped. Maybe there's something in the config file to configure that would fix this?
How to fix it and will it be fixed by developers?

Screenshots:
https://imgur.com/WfmwhTb
https://imgur.com/Nj1uVKW
https://imgur.com/Ce5IVLE
https://imgur.com/Lr0Zyo6
https://imgur.com/fma5wXb
https://imgur.com/voq07xo

When firing, brass casings do not eject from gun or produce any kind of audio such as as hitting the ground. Does not work on any pistols or rifles except for the shotgun shell audio.

This was a very immersive feature in the previous Insurgency since it sounded realistic and casings littered the ground after a recent engagement.

Please fix the Anti-cheat. For months it has been blocking Asus Aura, detects "lightningservice.exe" and stops the game from launching. I shouldn't have to delete my lighting software to play the game

Bugs:

• Picking up a thrown C4 or IED after the thrower dies causes a control lock-up where the player cannot throw the explosive, change weapons, or interact.
  • Grenade launcher sight is misaligned sometimes on M4A1.

Recommendations/Comments:

• Truck de-spawns are obnoxious, as it makes stealing the enemy's truck and stashing it impractical. It should be left until destroyed or until the cache phase.
  • Jump and Vault should be two separate keys, as the vaulting proximity mechanic causes small jumps to be a vault.
  • Standing accuracy/sway seems too high.
  • G3 is too expensive, considering the statistical nerf.
  • Long Barrel?!?! Considering the nature of the games trajectory calculation, LB would make sense for handling, and balance the armor meta, even if it is made 3 points.