Antialiasing Setting is broken ( .ini Fix in Original Post, as well as Supersampling)

@sirpenetrator said in Antialiasing and Lack there of:

Strange. Don't know for what that 4 should stand for then.

I think it default to the highest with a higher number, I'll try putting 25 in and see if it starts 😃

EDIT
Yes it seems to default to the highest possible as the game still runs. I guess screenshot comparison would tell if there is any difference between 3 or 4.

last edited by Hoogin

@hoogin said in Antialiasing and Lack there of:

I think it default to the highest with a higher number, I'll try putting 25 in and see if it starts 😃

EDIT
Yes it seems to default to the highest possible as the game still runs. I guess screenshot comparison would tell if there is any difference between 3 or 4.

Well just adding a random number like 25 wouldn't do anything and it'll just default to the highest possible. But thanks for trying haha.
@Neokolzia apparently just posted a screenshot. He's pretty fast in testing this lol. I'll wait a bit to see what else he has to offer in terms of comparison. And then I'll probably make the changes myself - if the FPS will stay in the satisfying part. And thanks Neokolzia for the fast comparison etc.

last edited by SirPenetrator

EDIT

Well just adding a random number like 25 wouldn't do anything and it'll just default to the highest possible. But thanks for trying haha.
@Neokolzia apparently just posted a screenshot. He's pretty fast in testing this lol. I'll wait a bit to see what else he has to offer in terms of comparison. And then I'll probably make the changes myself - if the FPS will stay in the satisfying part.

I didn't notice any massive hit to FPS, if Any. If I can create a bot match to get in same spot I'll compare the two directly

last edited by Neokolzia

The settings that interest me is those of asset loading as that might cause most of the stuttering I have.

The settings that interest me is those of asset loading as that might cause most of the stuttering I have.

The problem with asset loading IMHO is the textures of it always load.

1. When you first join the match textures have to load
  2. When you die and respawn you have to load textures again (sometimes)
  3. When you zoom in via scope (2x/4x) textures have to load

It "baffles" me that they aren't just loaded one time and then stay in without having to be loaded again.

This works excellent. Wow stick it please.

Also I found this with some googling and found it working as well, Supersampling!

Can be put under Engine.ini as well

[/script/engine.renderersettings]
r.ScreenPercentage=200

So for AA fix and that for instance

r.MSAA.CompositingSampleCount=8
r.PostProcessAAQuality=6
r.ScreenPercentage=200

last edited by Neokolzia

@neokolzia said in Antialiasing and Lack there of:

Also I found this with some googling and found it working as well, Supersampling!

r.ScreenPercentage=200

r.PostProcessAAQuality=8
r.ScreenPercentage=200

nice 🙂

r.ScreenPercentage=200

r.PostProcessAAQuality=8
r.ScreenPercentage=200

Nice work man, I stumbled over some similar entries too. But there's so much of lines lol And too much to read, but glad you can see through that "fog".

I'll edit my engine.ini file today that it looks like this:

[Core.System]
Paths=../../../Engine/Content
Paths=%GAMEDIR%Content
Paths=../../../Insurgency/Plugins/Wwise/Content
Paths=../../../Engine/Plugins/Editor/CryptoKeys/Content
Paths=../../../Engine/Plugins/Enterprise/DatasmithContent/Content
Paths=../../../Engine/Plugins/Media/MediaCompositing/Content

r.PostProcessAAQuality=6
r.ScreenPercentage=200

Also, I will post this in my post Extensive list of bugs (solutions if available) & suggestions of Beta2 - will be updated in the 3 weeks of Beta2 if this is alright with you @Neokolzia

Update:
Just found out if you open GameUserSettings.ini
change
FullscreenMode=0
to
FullscreenMode=1

and the game will open in Fullscreen and not windowed or in a smaller window (I always had to change that in settings again)
It's still windowed. Borderless windowed to be specific not "true" fullscreen.

Sure of course! keep in mind that r.ScreenPercentage=200 is pretty intense and still testing how useful it is.

Making up a quick comparison between settings. My 1080ti can barely handle max settings if I limit fps to 60 probably would be fine but its close, I'd likely super sample to something more reasonable like 150-175

last edited by Neokolzia

Sure of course! keep in mind that r.ScreenPercentage=200 is pretty intense and still testing how useful it is.

Making up a quick comparison between settings. My 1080ti can barely handle max settings if I limit fps to 60 probably would be fine but its close, I'd likely super sample to something more reasonable like 150-175

Yeah, =200 is double that's probably heavy on the hardware if you don't have good enough hardware for it.
Okay! Looking forward to it. I have a 980 ti and probably have to live with 120 maybe 150.

Thanks allot the game looks beautiful now

Yeah, =200 is double that's probably heavy on the hardware if you don't have good enough hardware for it.
Okay! Looking forward to it. I have a 980 ti and probably have to live with 120 maybe 150.

Test up here

Youtube Video

Test up here

Youtube Video

Nice man! Appreciate your effort, thanks for the video and the comparison and trying out all the settings!
Just so I get this right

AA:
r.PostProcessAAQuality=6

SuperSampling:
r.ScreenPercentage=200

right?

What settings did you test with now? Everything highest? What are you using now so it runs well with your 1080 Ti? (So I now what number I shouldn't pick because of my 980 Ti)

@genoharadan said in Antialiasing and Lack there of:

@hoogin How?

1. Go to C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\Insurgency\Saved\Config\WindowsClient
  2. Open engine.ini

Test up here

Youtube Video

Nice man! Appreciate your effort, thanks for the video and the comparison and trying out all the settings!
Just so I get this right

AA:
r.PostProcessAAQuality=6

SuperSampling:
r.ScreenPercentage=200

right?

What settings did you test with now? Everything highest? What are you using now so it runs well with your 1080 Ti? (So I now what number I shouldn't pick because of my 980 Ti)

FPS results are in the Youtube video description sorry, yes everything was highest, 50FPS in menu, 90fps ish in that scene, and like 70 fps in a game. 1080ti OC'd to balls was maxed out at 110-120% power usage

guys where can i find the engine.ini?

The only thing dong anything here is

r.PostProcessAAQuality=6
r.ScreenPercentage=150

MSAA does nothing unless the project has specifically been set up to be in Forward Rendering mode, which it is not. You can remove this line and it will look exactly the same.

last edited by DEDRICK

Thanks, game now looks like it was on Alpha (better AA than beta).
Along with x16 AF from nvidia cp looks good even on low settings.

@akm4life said in Antialiasing Setting is broken ( .ini Fix in Original Post, as well as Supersampling):

In the instructions, in Main Drive X (C usually)

X:\Users{USERNAME HERE}\AppData\Local\Insurgency\Saved\Config\WindowsClient

Appdata is a hidden folder so once your in your User folder, can just add \AppData\Local\Insurgency\Saved\Config\WindowsClient to the navigation path on the top

@neokolzia said in Antialiasing Setting is broken ( .ini Fix in Original Post, as well as Supersampling):

@akm4life said in Antialiasing Setting is broken ( .ini Fix in Original Post, as well as Supersampling):

In the instructions, in Main Drive X (C usually)

X:\Users{USERNAME HERE}\AppData\Local\Insurgency\Saved\Config\WindowsClient

Appdata is a hidden folder so once your in your User folder, can just add \AppData\Local\Insurgency\Saved\Config\WindowsClient to the navigation path on the top

@akm4life
C:\Users\ %USERNAME HERE%\AppData\Local\Insurgency\Saved\Config\WindowsClient
Just copy this line into your Windows Explorer and you should be taken right to your Folder with the File in it (you have to delete a space after the" \ " after \Users. Forum recognizes it as some sort of formation)

@DEDRICK Thanks for the information!