Feels "Arcade-y"

Still feels arcade-y (lack of term) compared to original Insurgency. Weapons feel like less there's less power because they are lacking feedback unlike the first one which gives you a feeling of weight with the way weapons sway as you fire and the impact as you hit enemies.

running speed contributes to the arcade feel too

@topbullet said in Feels "Arcade-y":

Still feels arcade-y (lack of term) compared to original Insurgency. Weapons feel like less there's less power because they are lacking feedback unlike the first one which gives you a feeling of weight with the way weapons sway as you fire and the impact as you hit enemies.

Hitreg also seems heavily fucked. A sniper just survived a direct headshot from my Glock 17, and I even heard the headshot sound.

Compared to the last insurgency, there's barely any ironsight delay. (I liked insurgency a bit more before they sped up ironsights sometime after 2016)

There should be a penalty to ironsight speed while coming out of a sprint, because, at the moment, you can use a quick tap of "W" and "Shift" to instantly aim down sight, getting rid of the delay completely.

I played Rising Storm 2: Vietnam the last couple of days, and when i rejoined Sandstorm today it suddenly felt like playing CoD in comparison. Especially the fast movement und gun handling now appears alot more easy and simple here, at least for me. Yes, it actually feels like arcade. Not sure yet if it's good or bad, let's just play for a while and see where we land.

Yeah the game definately feels like a knock-off CSGO.

Gun play needs to be fixes:
increase the full auto recoil on all guns
increase the per bullet damage - it feels now like 556 rifles need 5-6 btk 762 4-5 308 3-4 and bolt actions 1-2 this needs to be brought down to Insurge 1 levels. 556 3-4 762 2-3 308 1-2

Movement is far too fast. People zooming everywhere to the point it feels like Battlefield/COD. This needs to be a lot slower

ADS speed should be a lot slower when wearing armor. Current value is fine for no armor. It's just the common sense philosophy of "if you want to die slower, you kill slower too".

I think the game is a little faster than the original but Im very satisfied! No complaints!
Nonetheless, I like realism so your suggestions are valid. Just a little bit more of realism would not be bad.

last edited by Shadoware

Something that I believe would massively help the combat speed is increasing the momentum while moving in a zig-zag pattern. Currently you can zig zag at almost full speed and you are pretty much impossible to hit. But if NWI increased this, players would have to move more carefully because they would no longer survive if they are caught out in the open.

Another thing that would give the same effect is having your character slow down when getting shot. Just like on the last game.

Hopefully NWI agrees that the game would benefit from slowing down the combat.

Have to agree with this thread topic. Pace is significantly quicker, and sandstorm feels like CoD/Battlefield/R6S. Going to list what I think is contributing to it:

Incredibly quick movement in regard to basically everything your character does. Old game didn't have this, it was deliberate/methodical, and rewarded playing in that kind of way.

Taking the focus away from close quarters combat. I'll go out on a limb and say the old game set itself apart by NOT doing the vehicles/large maps/fire support sort of thing.

The guns feel like toys. In sandstorm I have to hit ~4 or so shots to down someone, there's a significant lack of "oh shit" moments because getting shot in sandstorm doesn't have the same harsh consequences in comparison to the old game.

On the whole? I like a lot of the things sandstorm does (biggest examples: the new mechanics with reloading and UE4 graphics related improvements are excellent), but I'd like it to slow down to take away from the arcade feel that sandstorm gives me.

I hope this arcade like gameplay style is just a phase and devs will listen to the community and fix this. I was looking forward to this a continuation of old insurgency but with more polish and more content. As of now it feels as a completely seperate game I will be forced to refund this as I feel mislead. Please devs dont ostrasize your audience by making a generic shooter like every thing on the market right now

@wistfane said in Feels "Arcade-y":

I hope this arcade like gameplay style is just a phase and devs will listen to the community and fix this. I was looking forward to this a continuation of old insurgency but with more polish and more content. As of now it feels as a completely seperate game I will be forced to refund this as I feel mislead. Please devs dont ostrasize your audience by making a generic shooter like every thing on the market right now

I agree, I pre-bought with the expectation it would be similar to the original. The original was differentiated from COD/BF in having a more "realistic" feel to it. If this turns into yet another CoD /BF clone, I'm going for a refund.

I think the ADS should be a bit slower. The player already aiming should have more advantage! This is more real and more like the old Insurgency everybody loves!

@musicnote said in Feels "Arcade-y":

Compared to the last insurgency, there's barely any ironsight delay. (I liked insurgency a bit more before they sped up ironsights sometime after 2016)

There should be a penalty to ironsight speed while coming out of a sprint, because, at the moment, you can use a quick tap of "W" and "Shift" to instantly aim down sight, getting rid of the delay completely.

Pretty sure the entire reason for this is because people complained when it was like that.