Single fire vs Full auto

Go ahead. Pls make TTK lower, so:

• I can camp and kill even more people with 1 magazine
  • headhots become less worth the risk
  • aim becomes less important
  • armor becomes irrelevant
  • people camp even more
  • there's only 1 viable way to play the game (slow) instead of allowing more diverse gameplay

/s

last edited by Benz

@benz you definitely havent played insurgency source

@tuliottr yes i have. and i have also played competitive fps games like quake, quakeworld, cs from alpha to csgo.

You know what all these highly competitive FPS games have in common? A high TTK.

Also: great job...instead of addressing my points you... do nothing 🙂

@benz I did address your point by implying that Source has a lower TTK and it works great. Not my fault you didn't connect the dots

@tuliottr "works great" is subjective.

@benz @tuliottr said in Single fire vs Full auto:

@benz you definitely havent played insurgency source

@biass said in Single fire vs Full auto:

I'm jumping in for Benz here.
Higher weapon damage won't make single shot more viable against full auto. It will make "Spray control" less important and shift the focus on to your target acquisition speed instead. Full auto (considering not every weapon one hit kills) will always be the higher DPS solution.
If you complain about holding a spray onto someone then I would question your target speed too, people who can hold a pattern will usually still be able to land first shot accuracy at the same speed as you - Even at extreme ranges

There needs to be a different way to make auto more challenging rather then "ADD BOOLET DAMGAE" because while sure, the TTK will be lower the balance between auto and single shot will be the same if not better for Auto (suppression is in this game which benefits full auto a LOT more then single fire) which is why i think Benz solution of making an alternative balance mechanic for auto is solid. Higher recoil won't stop me personally but is a good start.

Also, two things of note:

• Claiming someone made a logical fallacy is a cheap way of avoiding the original point entirely, they're cool to know about but you look absolutely terrible when you wave them about.
  • The average Insurgency Source player is a very terrible shooter player and "i played it" should not be a mark of distinction, if you said you were pro, then sure.

If you can kill somebody in one shot, semi is viable. If it takes hosing the enemy down with a super soaker before they fall over, semi is not viable. It's a game of DPS at that point. In Ins2014, the advantage of full auto was suppression. The advantage of semi was the ability to kill somebody every 2-3 shots consistently with a run-of-the-mill assault rifle, meaning you could kill a lot of folks before being vulnerable while reloading. In Sandstorm, the advantage of semi I'm still drawing a ???? on. Perhaps you could enlighten me how it is currently just as viable as hosing an enemy down on full auto in this high TTK situation. If not, let's discuss how in Ins2014 semi was apparently not viable despite it being the most popular choice of firemode almost universally.

If the other guy had attempted to have a reasonable debate instead of misrepresent my argument I wouldn't have pulled the pic up and called it out for what it is. You seem perfectly willing to have a discussion however, so let's have it. 🙂

For fuck sake.

Weapon Balance

• Decreased recoil by 20% if using a weapon’s burst fire mode.
  • Increased recoil of M16A4 and M16A2 slightly.
  • Increased horizontal recoil for drum mags slightly.
  • Increased horizontal recoil when in free aim / hipfire.

they slightly fixed drum mags. And the only weapon who had any recoil what so ever in burst/auto got less? and they increase recoil on single fire for that weapon.... Im done. time to refund.

Edit: Those interested. You can refund a beta game on steam even if you have over 2h played.

last edited by Croox

Its funny because I almost exclusively use semi. Hit more with more controlled fire. Aim for upper torso and youll get kills so much faster.

When they released the alpha gameplay video some people cried havoc that TTK was too low, now we get people screaming that they'll refund because it's too high. Seems like NWI can't take a step without offending someone.

Semi-auto gets frequent use on G3, FAL, Mk14, SVD. Full auto is good just like it is in real life and that's fine.

@doghead And those who cried probably didnt play it or Ins2. I thought when watching gameplay videos that it was an huge grafik and map overhaul but the core feal of the game still there. I was wrong, i gave my viewpoint with alot of other people and we wasnt heard. And i have already refunded and steam accepted.

@croox Precisely! I left CSGO to play insurgency for a long while now. We want our Insurgency back. Battlefield V and WW3 are there for other players.

@benz Wrong. Low TTK that Insurgency2014 had was the best regardless of any factor. Go back to the other games you mentioned if it upsets you rather than call for the game to be made worse with high TTK.

@doghead try using any 7.62x51 in semi auto in close quarters. It is very hard to win a firefight against a full auto rifle. In Insurgence Source that's not the case. I never feel outgunned when using semi auto in close quarters

@tuliottr said in Single fire vs Full auto:

@doghead try using any 7.62x51 in semi auto in close quarters. It is very hard to win a firefight against a full auto rifle. In Insurgence Source that's not the case. I never feel outgunned when using semi auto in close quarters

You damn well should feel outgunned. Those situations are why the Mk14 has a full auto feature in the first place. Why is this a problem?

I use G3 a lot on security and it does feel like it's been tweaked for lower recoil and damage since the last beta. I also used the SVD last night and drew blood without killing the target, so unless that was nerfed too I more likely had bad hitreg.

last edited by Doghead

@doghead I disagree, I don't think yoi shouldnt feel outgunned. It wasnt the case on Insurgency Source, why should it be on Sandstorm?

@tuliottr Because by definition full auto = more gun.

As far as I know Mk14, FAL, SVD, and shotty slugs/flechette all still 1-shot even against full body armor, so if you could do it in Ins:Source you can do it now. Maybe a few people should sit down and properly lab this.

last edited by Doghead

@tuliottr said in Single fire vs Full auto:

@doghead I disagree, I don't think yoi shouldnt feel outgunned. It wasnt the case on Insurgency Source, why should it be on Sandstorm?

Because it's a new game and should be a better game in order to get more players? Sounds like a good reason.

Welcome to every successor ever. They don't play like their predecessor. Surprise.

@doghead said in Single fire vs Full auto:

@tuliottr Because by definition full auto = more gun.

Maybe a few people should sit down and properly lab this.

Hey, thats a good idea. You are more than welcomed to add me on Steam so we can do it once server browsers are up.

my username is TulioTTR