Single fire vs Full auto

This is why I use Full Auto in this game. Even though I noticed that the TTK is way higher than in INS2 it somehow didn't bother me as much as other players (INS veterans) but that's probably because I played a lot of BF3/4/1 back then (and also R6).
But when I watched this recording of a match I had, I have to say I also want a higher TTK or some other solution.
Youtube Video

last edited by SirPenetrator

@benz said in Single fire vs Full auto:

A lower TTK rewards bad aim. Because you need to HIT LESS to kill.

?!?! what

OMEGALUL this is the dumbest thing ive read today

@genoharadan said in Single fire vs Full auto:

@benz said in Single fire vs Full auto:

A lower TTK rewards bad aim. Because you need to HIT LESS to kill.

?!?! what

OMEGALUL this is the dumbest thing ive read today

Really? Go ahead and explain how needing to hit 1 shot takes more skill than needing to hit f.e. 3 shots. Explain how spraying and getting 1 lucky hit and therefore a kill takes more skill than spraying and needing to hit 3 shots in order to get the same kill. Would love to hear that.

last edited by Benz
This post is deleted!

I'm gonna keep it real guys but insurgency wasn't never made to be slow TTK at all. Even in day of infamy the TTK isn't even slow at all its fast paced.

Insurgency has always been a game that has been barred the line between Arma and Battlefield. Insurgency was never supposed to be super slow and overly tactical for a game that tries to aim for intense urban combat that's accessible with a high skill ceiling.

You'd understand why Insurgency was never made to be a slow TTK game if you've played enough Insurgency 2014.

@genoharadan Benz is saying if TTK were lowered to the point where all calibers could kill in the same time with bodyshots then high rate of fire would be rewarded, which is true. If 5.56x45 could 1-shot everyone there really would be no reason to use 7.62x51.

@doghead then make it 762 1shot and 556 2shots whats the problem? Not 10 hits.

@doghead then make it 762 1shot and 556 2shots whats the problem? Not 10 hits.

No weapon needs 10 hits to kill someone. Stop making up stuff. If you actually encountered a situation where you legitimately should have hit 10 shots, then it was a hitreg problem.

You don't fix technical issues by changing gameplay

@Benz what do you define as good aim? Quick target acquisition or recoil control?
Because with lower TTK, good aim is the former while with higher TTK is the latter.

last edited by Bullet59

@bullet59 said in Single fire vs Full auto:

@Benz what do you define as good aim? Quick target acquisition or recoil control?

Both?! They are literally both a component of the mechanical skill of aiming. If you can aim at people quickly AND have good recoil control, that certainly is more skill than being bad at one of those, wouldn't you agree?

Because with lower TTK, good aim is the former while with higher TTK is the latter.

And that's what people apparently don't understand: with a low TTK you DON'T need to have good recoil control simply because you need to hit less shots to kill someone.

last edited by Benz

@benz I do agree on a certain level. However, given the current situation (really high movement speed/insane acceleration/no speed penalty when shot), a higher TTK (4-6 hits) does not fully reward map control and positioning as you are not being punished properly for over extending.

Take this for example:
You are in 2v1 on district, you are last alive and your team has B on 90+%.
The enemy team has one player on balcony and on in apartments, both watching B.
If you are in one of the arches and you just need to touch B to respawn your team, the higher TTK gives you a higher chance of pulling this out while you shouldn't.That way even with good aim, the players on overwatch might not get rewarded for their best setup. Do you disagree?

@bullet59 i just gonna quote myself here:

I fully agree about the hitreg, acceleration and stopping power of weapons. I think the devs need to fix this first, before starting to look at the TTK.

@benz so arguing about lower/higher TTK at the moment is irrelevant.
Apart from that, knowing that you are not a source comp player, the balance of movement speed/TTK etc. in source was insane and worked really good in a competitive setting.

However I do agree that higher TTK puts the skill ceiling higher

@bullet59 high TTK only rewards those with bad positioning and map awareness by not punishing them and giving them second chance. It's not only about the aiming with higher / lower TTK a lot other aspects of the game change.

@genoharadan not really. Take for example mainstream shooters like cs:go and R6 siege. Both with high TTK and both highly competitive but positioning and awareness still are super important.

@bullet59 csgo high TTK 😃 😃 😃 what am I even doing in this thread. GL HF

@bullet59 csgo high TTK 😃 😃 😃 what am I even doing in this thread. GL HF

Are you actually saying CSGO doesn't have high ttk? Explain 🙂

@genoharadan so you are saying that on average, in cs:go you get kills with 1 or 2 shots (all weapons considered) without one of those hits being headshots.
High and low is always relative to what you are comparing against. Cs:go has higher than INS.

last edited by Bullet59

Right now it feels that full auto is pretty much always the better option. You can get away with full auto on med to longer distances right now. Either you just spray and pray which is likely to work, or you use short bursts.

It also feels that a lot of weapons have a recoil that is harder to manage if you try to tap-tap-tap people in single fire.