Single fire vs Full auto

@biass said in Single fire vs Full auto:

• The average Insurgency Source player is a very terrible shooter player

how is that supposed to be an argument to change the way Insurgency plays? If we Insurgency players are supposedly bad at other shooters, then there is your reason why the game shouldn't change directions: we are happy the way the original plays and changing it will antagonize a huge portion of the playerbase

@tuliottr said in Single fire vs Full auto:

@biass said in Single fire vs Full auto:

• The average Insurgency Source player is a very terrible shooter player

how is that supposed to be an argument to change the way Insurgency plays? If we Insurgency players are supposedly bad at other shooters, then there is your reason why the game shouldn't change directions: we are happy the way the original plays and changing it will antagonize a huge portion of the playerbase

This is a new game. If you found the perfect game for you in INS2, you can play it. It doesn't get deleted from the internet. Many ins players actually agree with the devs decision. So there you go.

we are happy the way the original plays

good for you. Now try to gimme a list of successors that play like their original counterpart.

If we Insurgency players are supposedly bad at other shooters, then there is your reason why the game shouldn't change directions

Did you really just write that? Did you really just write ins:s should be like ins2, because you are bad? 😂

last edited by Benz

@doghead said in Single fire vs Full auto:

there really would be no reason to use 7.62x51.

No, you penetrate walls and fences. Higher caliber gives you increased abilities in certain situations.

Both 5.56 and 7.62 need to be 1 shot 1 kill (until a certain range?)

I don't know why the fuck people are saying the low TTK, 1 shot 1 kill encourages people to full auto. That is infact the opposite. I will take my shots and conserve ammo only using full auto if I need to suppress.

@slazenger said in Single fire vs Full auto:

I don't know why the fuck people are saying the low TTK, 1 shot 1 kill encourages people to full auto. That is infact the opposite. I will take my shots and conserve ammo only using full auto if I need to suppress.

Because it's full with mentally challenged kids here. I am using only single fire in Ins2. Full auto is only for those with bad aim. Because if you're bad aimer by the time you full-auto me you'll be dead.

@genoharadan said in Single fire vs Full auto:

Full auto is only for those with bad aim. Because if you're bad aimer by the time you full-auto me you'll be dead.

Because target acquisition is higher with full auto compared to semi, right? Oh wait. It's the same. Or are you saying that you can 1-tap faster than full-auto? What about a good aimer that full-autos you?

So much for the " mentally challenged kids here".

P.S: posted that quote in dgl_links twitch chat and he literally laughed.

last edited by Benz

@everyone
I invite you to flag Benz profile for his toxic behaviour. He is trolling multiple threads and stopping us from exchanging our views about the game. He is also making multiple personal attacks and insult. To do so, click on his profile name and choose the flag profile option on his profile page. Let's make an effort to keep this forum clean and civil!

I'll urge the moderation team to look into this Benz guy. It's obviously a narcissist of very high order. Making everything about himself. At the moment he's cross referencing the forum with discord chat and making the community waste time with his persona all the time. It's the "MEMEMEME" narcissism disorder guy.

@best-waifu Benz is like the Ben Shapiro of the Sandstorm community currently. That's good or bad depending on if you like Ben Shapiro lmao.

@doghead said in Single fire vs Full auto:

there really would be no reason to use 7.62x51.

No, you penetrate walls and fences. Higher caliber gives you increased abilities in certain situations.

Both 5.56 and 7.62 need to be 1 shot 1 kill (until a certain range?)

I know you like Ins2014, and I do too. I've got 1400 hours on the damn game.

That being said, there's absolutely no reason to use any sort of battle rifle if 5.56 can one-shot people. TTK is still super low and having everything one-hit like in Ins2014 makes armor and every gun firing a battle rifle cartridge completely useless.

@best-waifu

Nah he has made me think about things. TTK (time to kill) taken literally is the "time to kill"
Where as Insurgency the appeal of the gunplay is it's "lethality" its "1 shot 1 kill" gameplay. Calling that "time to kill" is somewhat incorrect.

last edited by Slazenger

AP Rounds need to be brought back. That being said, if you choose to have AP rounds you shouldn't be allowed to equip the extended/drum magazine.
AP Rounds should lower your magazine size to 15 or 20, this would encourage semi-auto and lower the TTK for skilled players whilst keeping full-auto in balance.

I feel you Whitby. The people complaining about this issue don't seem to realize that THEY TOO will die a lot faster. If you like playing games where you die so fast you're left thinking "WHAT!? WHERE?!" then sure lower the TTK.

You think the guy you're shooting at in the videos isn't thinking the same exact thing? You got hit a LOT and generally died only on hit 4-5.

I think a bigger issue is this game doesn't have killcams. How the hell are we supposed to detect cheaters without seeing through their eyes? What if they're under the map? How would I know?

last edited by AMURKA

The average player is....just a average player. Not bad, but also not good. You could say... average. Average is also the majority of the player base in general. Exceptions are games that are somewhat past their prime and the majority of the player base left. That often means that the above average or way above average players remain. For example, try to get into Quake 3 now.

I've looked back at some of my replays and counted the hits vs blood splatter and @Benz is right, its about 3-4 blood splatters to drop someone, but it took twice as many shots on target to register the blood splatter shots.

Even when i shoot my teammates at spawn, when they're not moving and I point blank 1 tap the head, some of the hits just don't register.

@reeceaus Sometimes the blood doesn't indicate a hit either. I've seen friendly fire produce skull fragment spray but they just walked along like nothing happened.

I am currently doing some basic tasting of the recoil patterns. So far it looks like there is almost no horizontal spray due to recoil. Will make a short video now.

@best-waifu

Nah he has made me think about things. TTK (time to kill) taken literally is the "time to kill"
Where as Insurgency the appeal of the gunplay is it's "lethality" its "1 shot 1 kill" gameplay. Calling that "time to kill" is somewhat incorrect.

Can't it just mean the TTK I want is "zero" (well plus the time it takes to aim and shoot)? I'm not sure where the official start for measuring that sort of thing is because I played so much INS2 that it never was an issue to think about. Playing Ironsight I started thinking about it a lot because in that game it's just ridiculously high and unbalanced in many situations.

@everieth said in Single fire vs Full auto:

AP Rounds need to be brought back. That being said, if you choose to have AP rounds you shouldn't be allowed to equip the extended/drum magazine.
AP Rounds should lower your magazine size to 15 or 20, this would encourage semi-auto and lower the TTK for skilled players whilst keeping full-auto in balance.

That is actually not the worst idea to balance it.

@amurka said in Single fire vs Full auto:

I think a bigger issue is this game doesn't have killcams. How the hell are we supposed to detect cheaters without seeing through their eyes? What if they're under the map? How would I know?

This is something that needs to be taken care of in other ways, Killcams would ruin a lot of things, like my illusion that peekers advantage isn't as much a thing in INS as it is in COD or other games.

@reeceaus said in Single fire vs Full auto:

Even when i shoot my teammates at spawn, when they're not moving and I point blank 1 tap the head, some of the hits just don't register.

That's probably not a good way to test because some kind of spawn protection might be at play and team mates also take less damage from your shots afaik. Also don't grief!

@amurka said in Single fire vs Full auto:

If you like playing games where you die so fast you're left thinking "WHAT!? WHERE?!" then sure lower the TTK.

Yeah, I'd rather have that happen everytime I get a survivable hit (which happens often) than every second dude that I get a bullet into turning around and spraying me down (which also happens often). Getting sniped in a lane is a reminder not to go there again, or at least not without lots of smoke, but the amount of engagements that I can't turn into kills in spite of me seeing the blood spray of my hits on the other dude is making the game unenjoyable to me. If this doesn't change I'll either start going for explosives-only, or only ever use the SVD (unless they nerf that one too), or not play PVP, because right now I don't enjoy it.

I don't mind dying because someone else was faster or smarter than me with their play (I'll take it as a challenge and try and flank them on my next try), but every time I die from someone that I was already putting bullets into with visual confirmation that I'm hitting, makes me rage at the game and leaves me in a bad mood. I've played so much of INS2 because it's the only multiplayer shooter that I could really enjoy. If Sandstorm's balancing doesn't get pulled around, I don't see myself playing its PVP mode much.