Champ ladder a rez tournament

When legendary arrives should comps be made rez games? Give 6 skills Tier one and so on.

@Tom-Palmer said in Champ ladder a rez tournament:

When legendary arrives should comps be made rez games? Give 6 skills Tier one and so on.

The only rez option that Cyanide/Focus have announced is one in which progression is limited to an amount of TV increase per game played. With no limit on the number of games people play in CCL, that would probably not be an appropriate setting for a competition. Likewise, rez with ZERO development ever would be pretty limiting too.

If the starting TV can be chosen and then no progression set then I'd say yes on that (combined with rez) for CCL... otherwise I'm not sure there's a good fit for what they're offering and what is needed for it.

@Tom-Palmer, @VoodooMike

@Netheos said in [Legendary Edition] Overview Thread:

Resurrection Mode

No lasting SPP/injuries between each round.

That just sounds like "rez mode" can be added to any format. You want players to suffer long-term injuries, and deaths? If not, choose Resurrection Mode for your league.

@SirIronclad said in Champ ladder a rez tournament:

@Tom-Palmer, @VoodooMike

@Netheos said in [Legendary Edition] Overview Thread:

Resurrection Mode

No lasting SPP/injuries between each round.

That just sounds like "rez mode" can be added to any format. You want players to suffer long-term injuries, and deaths? If not, choose Resurrection Mode for your league.

Notice the "no lasting SPP" part.. sure you can add it to any format, but you can't have normal development because your players will not earn any SPP. Instead, you're given a set amount of TV after each match and you can edit your team to increase it up to that new TV. That'll be peachy for limited tournaments, but not great for anything else.

Agree with what people are posting, however, good coaches are not getting a chance. Some people can't match someone who can play 50 games and are winning as they have a vastly developed team. With resurrection comps the games would boil down to the coaches more than the team!

@Tominator1980 said in Champ ladder a rez tournament:

Agree with what people are posting, however, good coaches are not getting a chance. Some people can't match someone who can play 50 games and are winning as they have a vastly developed team. With resurrection comps the games would boil down to the coaches more than the team!

No, they won't. Rez won't help you face a stronger team... it'll let you face it without getting your team ruined during your likely loss. Stronger teams will still win just as often as they do now, assuming inducements continue to be calculated the same way they have been.

@VoodooMike if development is aloud. I mean a rez game with an permanent allocations of skills. Tier 1 teams: 6 skills
Tier 2 teams: 7 skills
Tier 3 teams: 8 skills
You give your team allocated skills and they are permanent through the rez tournament! Do you get me?

@Tominator1980 said in Champ ladder a rez tournament:

@VoodooMike if development is aloud. I mean a rez game with an permanent allocations of skills. Tier 1 teams: 6 skills
Tier 2 teams: 7 skills
Tier 3 teams: 8 skills
You give your team allocated skills and they are permanent through the rez tournament! Do you get me?

For a tournament with a set number of games it works just fine... though again, they've stated that there's only one way to use rez in BB2:LE, and that's to have the total TV for teams increase by a set amount after each game. With a set number of games that's ok because it means each team will have identical (or at least, the same maximum) TV. It absolutely will not work well in perpetual/open play where teams don't have the same number of games played.

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.