Insurgency: Sandstorm Community Update - A Shift in Direction

@slane said in Insurgency: Sandstorm Community Update - A Shift in Direction:

When I try to apply it keeps saying I'm not a forum member....

Hi, have you used the same email address in the forum registration and the closed alpha registration?

@netheos Oh I think it's working now, sorry.
Thanks for the lightning fast reply.

Very exiting news for insurgency , cant wait to get my hands on this alpha testing with 300 + hours of insurgency gameplay.

So hyped for this ma man..

this

Really looking forward to Sandstorm! Insurgency was great on PC and Sandstorm will be just as great. Looking forward to that story mode down the road as well! Can not wait to play!

Thanks - great post and everything looks awesome!! Hope I get access to the closed alpha!

I can't wait for alpha i't's gonna be amazing ❤

On the link in the article there are no questions it just says required field * and answer questions below without providing any questions. I registered in the forums and had this issue yesterday and decided to wait for a fix but it is still not working today. What can I do? Id really like to register for the alpha I have over 1000 hours in insurgency and 400 in DOI. Thanks

Thanks for your hard-work devs.

@suvivalbattle im having the same issue have you got a fix yet?

I'm very interested to see how much of a role vehicles play in this game. Vehicles can kind of ruin gameplay for me if they are too overpowered like they were in battlefield 3 and 4. I'm mainly a fan of infantry combat so as long as they keep that core infantry gameplay going I'll keep coming back to Insurgency!

The 'airstrike' stuff does kind of worry be a little. It always feels really cheap when you get killed by stuff like that in games. Especially if you are a class that can't do anything about it except for hide and wait for it to be over. Or even worse, have to depend on a teammate to take it out before you are safe. I feel like this could be really bad especially against more casual players. If one team has a bunch of seasoned players and the other doesn't it could end up making things even more unbalanced than they already were. I guess we'll all just have to wait and see. I'm really excited for this game, but I may end up avoid all the game modes with vehicles/airstrikes if it becomes a problem.

One last note. I think you should still have some game modes available for the people that like to play the modes with only one life per round. Like Ambush. I liked playing those occasionally, but my friends weren't fans so I didn't play them much.

last edited by TheBigFatPanda

@ysoprotoss said in Insurgency: Sandstorm Community Update - A Shift in Direction:

this

Have you used the same email address in the forum registration and the closed alpha registration?

@podsiad33 said in Insurgency: Sandstorm Community Update - A Shift in Direction:

On the link in the article there are no questions it just says required field * and answer questions below without providing any questions. I registered in the forums and had this issue yesterday and decided to wait for a fix but it is still not working today. What can I do? Id really like to register for the alpha I have over 1000 hours in insurgency and 400 in DOI. Thanks

Hi, have you cleared your cache? (CTRL + F5)? Maybe with a different browser?

Crap! I mistakeably insekter the wrong steamID in the application. No closed alpha for me then?

Thanks for the update Mikee

@netheos Thanks a bunch! Start page doesn't work and regular google for me either however Google Chrome did the trick.

Please add an Ambush game mode. As a few others have stated already, it's vital to the community and a personal favorite. GLHF eveyone.

It might be too early to tell but are you planning on adding aim assist on consoles ? Really loved the first game, unfourtionately my PC is too old i'm going to have to get Sandstorm on PS4. Looking forward to it

Dear developers, you should not add new "Ammo Information" system with magazine ammo filling. It's not Insurgency-way (despite the fact, filling is not a ammo value).
Instead of this, draw magazines as "A", "B", "C", "D" with horizontal white line (current mag in weapon).

alt text
alt text

Player should know his weapon, count ammo and keep this information in mind, it's part of gameplay and player skill.

At most, you can add "check ammo" function (suitable not for all types of mags*), and only after checking, fills appropriate mag.
*also there are transparent mags, which can cost more supply points.

last edited by ZTolerance

we waiting for this game 🙂