Horrific hit registration if you are not already aware, which you should of been during the alpha months ago.

It's honestly shocking how poor the gunplay is due to the poor bullet registration + fps lag.
Even at range a full mag cannot even kill someone, and at close range it can take a whole mag of 30 (thirty) bullets to kill someone.

The following youtube video is pretty much 1/5 of my gunfights ingame.

Youtube Video

18 days until release

Another video showing bullets not registering when leaning to the side.

Youtube Video

lol that first video represents my pain well. 18 days to release wow... almost like somebody was too busy making a nice looking movie rather than, I don't know, a competitive video game. "go head to head in small scale high speed competitive matches" " Feel every bullet, and fear every impact." "lethal close quarters combat". sorry, I'm slightly angry rn ;-;

Yeah the hit reg is verry bad and only 18 days till release and its bad since alpha

Another video of the horrific hit registration.

https://streamable.com/205b0

This is why we use a full 30 round mag just to kill someone

Which servers are you guys with hitreg problems playing on?

@sirpenetrator
The official NWI server. There is no server browser only NWI's ingame matchmaking system. Everyone from around the globe has hit regestration issues. It's not dependent on your location and the location of the server.

@slazenger said in Horrific hit registration if you are not already aware, which you should of been during the alpha months ago.:

@sirpenetrator
The official NWI server. There is no server browser only NWI's ingame matchmaking system. Everyone from around the globe has hit regestration issues. It's not dependent on your location and the location of the server.

Ì mean location based.
NA Servers, Europe, Asia... etc.
I'm asking because I'm on Europe and have yet to experience hit reg in my 10+ hours.

@sirpenetrator I am from New Zealand playing in the Australian Sydney server.

All the clips posted are not mine and mostlikely from America.

@slazenger said in Horrific hit registration if you are not already aware, which you should of been during the alpha months ago.:

@sirpenetrator I am from New Zealand playing in the Australian Sydney server.

All the clips posted are not mine and mostlikely from America.

Hmm okay thanks though!

EU servers yesterday and this morning I didn't experience hitreg issues FOR THE MOST PART. I don't think many people were online.

EU servers this evening (Friday evening, guess a lot of people were on?) have been so bad I've logged out. Got 3 kills in 4 MK18 magazines and called it quits on the round ending. Can't carry enough ammo to play like that.

Will additionally say the US servers this evening also had pretty major hitreg issues but only played one game there.

Played a few hours last night and found hit reg to be significantly improved over Beta 1 for the most part, playing on US servers. I did have a number of occurrences where I encountered a bot at very close range, usually in a door way, and 4 - 6 rounds to the chest had no effect at all and they killed me in one shot. Could be an issue with armor too.

last edited by MAA_Bunny

Holy shit! That's even much worse than what I have experienced. If this happens to someone who has no pre-existing investment into the franchise, they will likely, give a negative review and uninstall and refund immediately.

UPDATE: The NWI community manager has indicated that

"Hit detection is something we're still looking at."

Source: https://steamcommunity.com/app/581320/discussions/0/1736589519999574165/#c1736589519999782956

Drum mags are extremely popular in coop these days. If this stays the same drum mags should have no weight penalty since they are absolutely necessary. problem seems much worse in coop than pvp.

Would love to know what software you used to add slomo effect in the first video. I'm out of touch with editing software but only really need the basics like being able to cut (for time) and add slomo, etc. Any suggestions? I record with OBS

Gonna take a break from this game until hitreg is addressed, it's extremely frustrating

They have now said that fixing hitreg is one of their

"top priorities"

along with optimization

Source: https://old.reddit.com/r/insurgency/comments/9cm2h1/isnt_this_ridiculous/e5bsz2r/

Here's some other videos other people have posted:

https://i.gyazo.com/416a96b2ff83f13341c69cac34ba7b6b.mp4

Youtube Video

last edited by Slazenger