Doesn't feel like the same old Insurgency

I just submitted a refund. It's quite clear the developers are trying to expand their audiences instead of focusing on their original formula and since it's already in Beta stage, I'm quite sure that this issue is not going to be changed. It's clearly not for my taste.

if you're requesting refunds, dont bother posting. Anyways, I completely disagree with everything OP has stated. There is nothing wrong with recoil, and the scope timing is such a small issue. Y'all are tripping. Even watching the comparison video, it is only a fraction faster.

I am sorry, I am going to refund as well. Yesterday I played both games for like 30 minutes and you can definitely tell, it's not the same game anymore.
The paces are just so completely different and I enjoyed Insurgency so much more than INS Sandstorm that I kept playing Insurgency the whole night :D.

I will check on this game time after time and I hope it will improve in terms of how the game feels. I would be glad to give the developers money for their game, because I enjoy Insurgency so much, more than any other tactical shooter. But at this state of time, this game is not for me.

I am playing Insurgency now. The "old" one. Honest question. Which game do you enjoy playing the most?
I wanted to compare. I really really like "old" insurgency. Feels so right, smooth, light and precise. Not much to piss you off except a bad day 🙂 But really.... I am not going to refund Sandstorm. But it will not be my go to game. Only when same maps gets boring in "old" insurgency. New one has a lot to live up to, and right now its not doing to well. Still a new and good game, but its not Insurgency like. I have close to 1500 hours in "old" Insurgency.

last edited by byby

@zyres said in Doesn't feel like the same old Insurgency:

I just submitted a refund. It's quite clear the developers are trying to expand their audiences instead of focusing on their original formula and since it's already in Beta stage, I'm quite sure that this issue is not going to be changed. It's clearly not for my taste.

No one gets as sick of a game as its developers, that's just normal. I'm sure they have all the best intentions for every change they made and I hope on some of them they will still change their mind. I recommend you check back in a year or so. Till then it's probably clear in what direction it will go. I remain hopeful.

@byby said in Doesn't feel like the same old Insurgency:

I am playing Insurgency now. The "old" one. Honest question. Which game do you enjoy playing the most?

Old one for PVP, new one for solo PVE. Haven't played much coop on either.

@byby said in Doesn't feel like the same old Insurgency:

Feels so right, smooth, light and precise. Not much to piss you off except a bad day

Well said!

Maybe you haven't seen the second patch notes where the Devs clearly stated that they know about the current hitreg problems and are working on fixing them.

That being said, why should Sandstorm feel like the base game? The base game had a fun-but-poor weapon balance system of "AP makes armor useless and every gun hits like a truck". That's not exactly realistic but Sandstorm still has some arcade-y elements. If the armor in SS worked like it does IRL Heavy Armor could tank at least six shots, if not more.

@hthc-galthor said in Doesn't feel like the same old Insurgency:

@zyres I'm sorry, Insurgency wan't already fast paced? Oh my mistake on thinking a game I've been playing since mod and competitive since the DGL started was something totally different. My b.

The game is and always was fast paced. It's your imagination of it being otherwise. Go replay Ins2.

Ins2 was never realistic as you're putting it up to be. It's just another hardcore shooter that people want to play competitively.

Sandstorm IS Insurgency. There's no disputing that.

Now does it live up to the previous game? We'll just have to wait and see.

Can I ask, what game modes did you primarily play in INS?

@marksmanmax said in Doesn't feel like the same old Insurgency:

Maybe you haven't seen the second patch notes where the Devs clearly stated that they know about the current hitreg problems and are working on fixing them.

That being said, why should Sandstorm feel like the base game? The base game had a fun-but-poor weapon balance system of "AP makes armor useless and every gun hits like a truck". That's not exactly realistic but Sandstorm still has some arcade-y elements. If the armor in SS worked like it does IRL Heavy Armor could tank at least six shots, if not more.

Why should it feel like the base game? I dunno because the base game was something special that a lot of people liked? Why would you ever release a sequel in a series that feels completely different? At the very least they could've been forthcoming about these changes.

@oldkingcole225 The base game was heavily limited by the Source engine. Now that there's larger maps and more realistic mechanics people are complaining that's it's not like Ins2014.

Back in Ins2014 people complained that the maps were too small lmao

@marksmanmax the issue we are complaining about is not the new mechanics, but the change in the core gameplay. They are making Sandstorm to be a more competitive, tweak shooter; totally the opposite of Ins2014

The most important part of fixing the recoil: make it almost exclusively vertical recoil. Vertical recoil rewards skilled players who take the time to learn to compensate for the kick of a gun. Horizontal recoil just encourages spraying and praying because it's partially up to luck whether you hit or not.

I agree with everything you said except the part about adding bleeding and medics.

last edited by cyoce

@tuliottr said in Doesn't feel like the same old Insurgency:

@marksmanmax the issue we are complaining about is not the new mechanics, but the change in the core gameplay. They are making Sandstorm to be a more competitive, tweak shooter; totally the opposite of Ins2014

Except you can watch pro-league gameplay and it's 100% tweak shooting, sliding into areas, pre-nading, and auto-spamming...

Youtube Video

So not a damn thing has changed. Leave it alone and leave your Rose Tinted Glasses back in 200* too...

last edited by xDark

I also agree with @Zayzek

Fun fact: in Beta 1 feedback I specifically asked for a INCREASE recoil in Ak's and M's rifles and a DECREASE for G3, and for my surprise they did the totally opposite(WAT?????).I thought that I didn't even need to ask for a increase recoil and then, BAM, this gem: 0_1536114192575_inss.png

It's pretty obvious for everyone that still plays INS 2014 that the recoil, and weapon handling are really worse. I just surprised in how things are turning out.

Another thing changed most are the map design. Looks like the map are far more CQ than INS 2014 with far more distrations and lots of unnecessary objects to "increase imersion" that just make game slower.

Also, the color pallete are soo red and orange that makes me sick, and since most ppl are playing this game on low because of cr*ppy and resourceful heavy (that most of us don't have acquired the hardware, I think that even the industry still didn't reach a good product to run this s**t) UE4, the lack off good lighting effect are realy blocking, at least deviating, the away in which devs made the game to be played, if we still consider INS 2014.

About the Comp. mode: is just there for ppl that didn't manage to get in CS:GO Comp. scene.

It's just pitiful to see what this game is becoming.

last edited by Ministro

@xdark

And that gameplay is bad how?

This is the long term life for games. Bad pvp? Games die. AKA Ins2014. The only things that kept the previous game alive was the competitive (not vanilla though, that was very bad), and when Humblebundle sold it for $1.

NWI says comp is their focus but they have a long way to go to make it good, much less playable.

Edit: Yeah that was a sick match. Gunnarz world champs!

last edited by HTHC Galthor

@hthc-galthor He doesn't say it's bad. He simply proves that people are wrong and they simply either lie about the gameplay or don't know how ins2 played.

Insurgency 2 was fun because of the loud gun sound and fast TTK.

The gunshots should echo louder.

The bullet damage needs buff.

@xdark said in Doesn't feel like the same old Insurgency:

@tuliottr said in Doesn't feel like the same old Insurgency:

Except you can watch pro-league gameplay and it's 100% tweak shooting, sliding into areas, pre-nading, and auto-spamming...

Youtube Video

So not a damn thing has changed.

Pro-league Insurgency is a bunch of chumps who play firefight. The game should not be balanced for them.

@oldkingcole225 said in Doesn't feel like the same old Insurgency:

Pro-league Insurgency is a bunch of chumps who play firefight. The game should not be balanced for them.

And that would be because this is a firefight specific tournament. not all pro scene gameplay is on firefight and i can assure you these players will be the best players on your favourite game mode too, curb your elitism.

Besides, why don't you like the game mode, lower life count too punishing?

@hthc-galthor said in Doesn't feel like the same old Insurgency:

NWI says comp is their focus but they have a long way to go to make it good, much less playable.

Source? I would like to verify that claim and see the context, because I think it's the wrong choice if that is their goal.

@oldkingcole225 said in Doesn't feel like the same old Insurgency:

When it comes down to either or decisions, I agree that the focus should be on the "casual" players of "hardcore games". Nothing against the comp players, but trying to force a game to have a successful "competitive scene" imho isn't a healthy thing to do to a shooter. Every time I look at the player numbers in matchmaking it is around 10 to 1 for regular pvp vs competitive pvp. I honestly don't see the point in competing with CS:GO. The people who have 2000+ hours in CS won't switch over, they are good in their game and it wouldn't carry over well to Insurgency. That's an investment none of them want to lose. And I see very little reason for anyone who plays Insurgency for fun to desire to "take it to the next level" and play competitively.

@grotesqueshadow said in Doesn't feel like the same old Insurgency:

Every time I look at the player numbers in matchmaking it is around 10 to 1 for regular pvp vs competitive pvp.

Not much point in playing for rank right now, maybe try looking again when the game is out of beta, and runs well enough, in either order.