Restricted area

The restricted areas on the push maps are totally unbalanced, you take a step and enter a restricted area, it is totally tedious to play like that. I believe that the restricted areas for the defending teams should be further from the objectives, allowing the defending team to flank. The gameplay will be more dynamic and fun changing it...

last edited by Skynet
This post is deleted!

Maybe the whole system could be made less binary, like giving a subtle visual indicator like darkening the corners of the screen a little before you enter the restricted area, and make the time that you still can shoot in that area a little longer. I understand why it's being done, but getting killed because you stumbled into this invisible thing is more frustrating than getting flanked by other players imho. And having to learn where exactly those zones go for which phase is tedious to say the least.

IMO Battlefield does restricted zones best, when falling back, it'll tell you how many seconds you have to fall back. I:SS is just like "lol you can't be here now" with little indication beforehand. Makes it super annoying when you have to shlep back to the point

The same happens with the restricted areas on the firefight maps, I believe they should be equal to the insurgency source, the smallest possible or nonexistent in some maps

It's a major issue in coop as well. I've had many sitautions where enemies have either chased me into the restricted area, I've needed to flank and had it restricted, or I've had one literally between my spawn and my objective in a straight line. Restricted areas are fine for balancing PVP in some situations, but they shouldn't be used as invisible walls. They should prevent spawn camping, not mask places in the map players want to use.

@jballou said in Restricted area on push maps:

It's a major issue in coop as well. I've had many sitautions where enemies have either chased me into the restricted area, I've needed to flank and had it restricted, or I've had one literally between my spawn and my objective in a straight line. Restricted areas are fine for balancing PVP in some situations, but they shouldn't be used as invisible walls. They should prevent spawn camping, not mask places in the map players want to use.

Another point that I believe is important, the restricted area limit should be added to the mini map, this change would make it easier for players to know how far forward they could go.

Yes. The restricted area might even be good to render on the heads up display. I regularly have times where I walk through a door, am in restricted area, and then out the other side and am out of it. The placement and impact they have on players shooting make it important to show players exactly where they are.

That said, the two new coop maps have some awful restricted area placements.

These should really be turned off entirely on coop.

I have so many times when I've been killed because the game forces me to run down a long narrow line of fire because I am blocked from flanking. There is no reason to have restricted areas in coop, I'd argue they shouldn't be in the game at all, but for goodness sake we need a better way to have these implemented.