Has the TTK been increased? if so... why?!

@best-waifu you're so right I can't even express it. Thanks for your post. May I quote your text in my own post regarding the hit-reg and TTK issue?

@tuliottr said in Has the TTK been increased? if so... why?!:

@sharkva84 said in Has the TTK been increased? if so... why?!:
I think balance should always be prioritized over realism.

From the same guy who says

It's just immersion breaking for me to use full auto

slow clap

last edited by Benz

@benz said in Has the TTK been increased? if so... why?!:

@sharkva84 said in Has the TTK been increased? if so... why?!:
I think balance should always be prioritized over realism.

From the same guy who says

It's just immersion breaking for me to use full auto

slow clap

Your post doesn't make any sense. His first and second opinions are not contradicting but follow each other very well. I think it might be time for you to timeout a bit.

@seven-forty Of course. Please feel free to do so. Have a nice day 🙂

@genoharadan said in Has the TTK been increased? if so... why?!:

His first and second opinions are not contradicting but follow each other very well. I think it might be time for you to timeout a bit.

Alright, so he argues with immersion/realism when talking about full auto vs semi instead of balance .... but somehow my post doesn't make sense, because f**k logic, right?

I'll break it down again for you.

1. argues with immersion/realism instead of balance
  2. says balance before realism
  3. Contradicts himself
  4. ??

😂

@benz said in Has the TTK been increased? if so... why?!:

@whitby said in Has the TTK been increased? if so... why?!:

@croox said in Has the TTK been increased? if so... why?!:

@benz ok dude. lets get this down. 2426 shots with 0.24 acc = 582 shots on 153 kills is 3.8 shots average to kill. thanks for evidence to our cause btw.

My god. The TTK in this reply is faster than in Sandstorm. I guess the forum is suffering hitreg issues too because despite the troll being slaughtered he's still going on with himself...

Sorry, i don't fall from airsoft bullets.
Here's the funny thing: you read " thanks for evidence to our cause btw." and think "YAY, SO RIGHT LULZ" .... instead of thinking: "'3.8 shots average to kill' hm, that doesn't say much about TTK! Since the actual TIME factor is not considered here!" No, you don't think that. Why would you :). Otherwise you'd realize that's 350ms for a kill. inb4 somehow trying to argue how 350ms TTK is high. 🙂

I'll break it down for you.

Having to do nearly half a second of perfect recoil management on a midrange target to get a kill is a gameplay downgrade from Ins2014.
Landing an average of 3.8 bullets (shall we say 4 for midrange?) on a target while managing recoil is not realistically going to happen in the first 4 rounds you fire. With your accuracy as you posted, you are approaching a two second TTK. In general. Your close range kills will be much faster and offset this further, meaning midrange TTK is SIGNIFICANTLY IN EXCESS OF 2 SECONDS. Again. these are the numbers you have posted based on your own statistics. You cannot argue with any of this which is why you haven't.

So either you think significantly upwards of 2 seconds TTK on a midrange target is acceptable or you do not.

Those of us who played InsMod, Ins2014 and DoI do not. I am confident I can speak for everybody who played the three as we did so for the similar, exceptional gunplay. Not like we did so for the graphics.

@best-waifu glad to see normal people prevail here. Benz looks like a child IMHO. People have explained him the issue hundreds of times and pointed out why that particular thing is bad for the game and that most veterans don't like it, nonetheless he still continues to dispute and contend others' viewpoints and annoy everyone. And by the way he denies the existence of a problem that is clearly there.

@benz immersion =/= realism.
my god dude, you are so fucking dumb

The problem is the dumbest people shout the loudest and often their feedback is heeded. I'm genuinely concerned about the future of this game and I fear if we don't argue with the trolls their posts will undermine gameplay design decisions.

@whitby i'm worried too. But thankfully, @alexblonski has replied to this thread and hopefully noticed how dumbfuck Benz is

@whitby said in Has the TTK been increased? if so... why?!:

The problem is the dumbest people shout the loudest and often their feedback is heeded. I'm genuinely concerned about the future of this game and I fear if we don't argue with the trolls their posts will undermine gameplay design decisions.

Yeah but what sane person will do that? We'll write a bit see how it goes and go play the game or other. While they'll be here 24/7 stomping. Sad but true.

I also don't mind that armor increases TTK by 2-5 bullets.

last edited by Benz

@Wistfane

OHHHHHHH LORDY.

This game should never be dropped into the ranks of Milsim. It is lacking faaaar too much in terms of realistic functions.
If INS:S' gameplay had to be thrown onto a sliding scale of "realism", I'd probably throw it between America's Army Proving Grounds and Squad. Keep in mind that it is sitting between two distinctly not-milsim games.

When we talk more about combat sims, we're talking about games like ARMA, VBS, and SWAT. I'd even consider EFT and Scum to be nearing simulation status with the raw amount of stats critical to well-being a person needs to track.

I'm also very adamantly against realistic armor and trauma plates holding up to their rated abuse. In real life, trauma plates are categorized as OP AF, and stop just about everything short of a .50 BMG or foreign equivalent cartridge and higher if they're hard body armor.

If this game's body armor actually held up to realistic manufacturer specifications, you'd get THIS
Youtube Video

JUST NO

@Seven-Forty @TulioTTR @Whitby @Goat-Walrus @Genoharadan
Benz is being a troll on every thread and is destroying the point of this beta. I invite you to flag his profile as being a troll. To do so, click on his name and select the flag profile option in his profile page. Let's make an effort to keep this forum clean and civil so that the beta is a success.

@goat-walrus said in Has the TTK been increased? if so... why?!:

If this game's body armor actually held up to realistic manufacturer specifications, you'd get THIS
Youtube Video
JUST NO

Thanks, saved me a purchase that I would regret (Escape From Tarkov).

@best-waifu said in Has the TTK been increased? if so... why?!:

Benz is being a troll

Just stop talking to or about him. I'm sure the community manager whose job it is to sift through the many feedback threads and screen them for trends is perfectly capable of picking up on him being just one person present in many threads, instead of an army of high-ttk-activists. He can voice his concerns just like we can, the devs will figure out what to do with them.

@grotesqueshadow You haven't seen how he behaved. He was stopping multiple people from voicing their concerns. And mods are just humans, they can't comb through the entire message boards, reporting hostile behaviours helps them. Whats more, after I posted those calls to report, Benz finally started to act like a decent human being, so you're welcome!
Insults, provocation, trolling... that's not voicing your concern, that's being toxic and I do not caution it.

last edited by Best Waifu

@grotesqueshadow Actually never mind, he picked his old trolling habits again, go look into this thread https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/29103/either-ttk-needs-changing-or-hit-reg-video?page=1
He starts fine (that was after me and other people reported him), and then he goes back to insulting and belittling people that have a different opinion and wants to share it. So, do report him too. Unless you're his friend and you agree that cyber bullying is a good think.
Which one is it?

@best-waifu said in Has the TTK been increased? if so... why?!:

@grotesqueshadow Actually never mind, he picked his old trolling habits again, go look into this thread https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/29103/either-ttk-needs-changing-or-hit-reg-video?page=1
He starts fine (that was after me and other people reported him), and then he goes back to insulting and belittling people that have a different opinion and wants to share it. So, do report him too. Unless you're his friend and you agree that cyber bullying is a good think.
Which one is it?

I've been follorwing some of this discussion over multiple threads.

@Best-Waifu you make this sound like it's one way only (@Benz insulting others) which is completely false. Others have insulted @Benz as well and a lot. See my post on the thread you linked in the above quote. You fail to mention that someone else started throwing shit in that specific thread. If Benz should be reported, then should all the others who have insulted him be reported as well, because they're just as toxic with their behaviour as you claim @Benz to be.

@jensiii not to mention he talks about "cyber bullying" but literally posts in every thread how people should report me. literally starting a witch-hunt lol.

last edited by Benz

@jensiii I don't defend that guy. But he took the occasion to be very insulting to byby for absolutely no reason just like he did to me and many others. So don't defend this troll. You should report him too, report other people that go overboard too.