Has the TTK been increased? if so... why?!

@benz Every single kill was a headshot

@slazenger said in Has the TTK been increased? if so... why?!:

@benz Every single kill was a headshot

Ok, i gonna pretend thats the case: are you saying that taking a risk and aiming for the head should get rewarded?! Blasphemy. /s

@benz said in Has the TTK been increased? if so... why?!:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=11tO_LbSEtytGKC6fpuHnInl2-xwWIePw

You literally got shot and survived

Your point? i should instantly die because someone shot me...clearly not in the head? Nice game. Noobs getting kills with bad aim. That's what everyone wants apparently.

@benz

i should instantly die because someone shot me...clearly not in the head?

Yep. This is how Insurgency2014 is and how Sandstorm should be.

@benz

i should instantly die because someone shot me...clearly not in the head?

Yep. This is how Insurgency2014 is and how Sandstorm should be.

That's your opinion. Not a fact. Gladly the devs seem to have a different opinion as well.

@benz It's not my fucking opinion. It's how the game is. It's how for the last 4 years Insurgency2014 has been. You need to go back to battlefield and contain yourself their instead of wanting to have this unique game become casualized and generic like every other FPS.

@benz Twitch streamers are the biggest YES MEN around. NWI needs to stop listening to them

bolt action can kill in 1 shot

It can't in many instances.

Further more, he was using the 7.62 FAL.
hmmmmmmm. Really makes you think

@slazenger just don't engage with this Benz. He has been proved multiple times in different threads and he still wont shut up about how the TTK is perfect. He is problably a undercover NWI employee xD

@tuliottr Yes... I can see that now. We must take action to purge him, comrade.

@slazenger IN FULL AUTO!!! Since when a 7.62x51 rifle should have that little of recoil?

Hitreg is the real issue here, we can talk about TTK once that's fixed. There are at least two dozen threads on the forums right now waving around one anecdote or another that someone got shot and didn't die and therefore the game is horribly designed.

We don't know if the game registered your hits. It doesn't matter how the gun balance is tweaked if hitreg doesn't get fixed.

@doghead said in Has the TTK been increased? if so... why?!:

We don't know if the game registered your hits. It doesn't matter how the gun balance is tweaked if hitreg doesn't get fixed.

youre right. see @Benz ? that's how you discuss things

There is one more thing that I noticed while playing the local play mode against bots and trying out different pistols. In a game like this I need to know the number of hits that will definitely kill an enemy, because certain cqb situations against multiple opponents require you to react so fast, that you don't have the time to wait and see if you actually dropped the dude or not, you need to be able to double tap, and switch to the next target with the confidence that the first one is taken care of. I noticed once that I had done that out of habbit, but the enemy wasn't dead yet, in spite of 2 center of mass hits at less than 5 meter distance.

It also factors into my strategy how many bullets I have left in the mag and how many enemies I think I can still reliably take down with that. I think with an m1911 with a 7 shot mag I should be able to drop 3 dudes without reloading (and without requiring headshots).

I would like pistols to have more reserve mags, especially the low ammo cap ones. Right now they are worse value for the supply points than almost any rifle I feel. It would be fine if ammo count would factor into the number of spare mags you get, to balance out that e.g. the Glock already has double the ammo that an m1911 has.

On the plus side I appreciate the lowered recoil on the m1911, which makes the gun much more viable than in Insurgency 2, where imho it had so much recoil it was too hard to land a followup shot, and too weak to do reliable 1-shot kills. I would be fine with raising recoil on all weapons again, if you feel that is the price we must pay for 1-shot kills and we get buffed weapons back. It made for a powerful feeling gunplay in Insurgency 2. Iirc that was one of the things that a popular reviewer mentioned as a key strength of the game, and certainly was one of the things that drove me to try it for myself. There are not many other shooters that have as much recoil as Insurgency 2, I think that's a distinguishing characteristic that is worth leaning into a little more, if you feel like you need to counterbalance buffed weapons. It is one factor that contributes to guns feeling weaker than before, however I don't mind the current recoil on its own.

When friends of your playerbase ask "So how is Sandstorm like?" you don't want them saying "It's pretty much like Battlefield but with more sand", you want them to say something more intriguing like e.g. "It's totally different than all the CODs and BFs that you've played, you've never seen a shooter with such powerful gunplay! Everything kills with 1 or 2 hits and they kick like crazy on full auto!". I would much rather try out something presented as the later.

Right now it feels like "must have AP" was just switched with "must have heavy armor" to compete.