Has the TTK been increased? if so... why?!

@tuliottr said in Has the TTK been increased? if so... why?!:

@benz I just find it frustrating as fuck when I shoot at a target and he gets aways by zig zagging.
There was this instance that there was me and 2 other dudes shooting at a guy that must have been 20 meters max away from us. He got away by zig zagging to cover. We all complained about it at the time

Also: are you telling me 3 people can't take down 1 guy in time? 😂 No offense..but even with bad hitreg that sounds like the worst aim possible.

@benz Guess you've never heard of bad hitreg or desync then lmao.

Go watch Kotton's older EFT videos and you'll see what I mean.

@benz Also, yeah the sprint speed is far too fucking high. Literally feels impossible to hit a target trying to juke bullets.

@marksmanmax said in Has the TTK been increased? if so... why?!:

@benz Guess you've never heard of bad hitreg or desync then lmao.

Go watch Kotton's older EFT videos and you'll see what I mean.

what has a TECHNICAL issue to do with a GAMEPLAY issue? Nothing. Thanks for bringing in 0 value to this discussion.

I think the game mechanics will be improved later, we already saw different game feel because of the optimization/fixes the devs worked on. With more optimization and fixing the hit registration issues it will be easier to judge if the mechanics need tweaking.

@benz I'm talking about the Technical Issue because the issue brought up in the OP isn't actually a Gameplay issue. It's definitely just a desync problem.

@benz I'm talking about the Technical Issue because the issue brought up in the OP isn't actually a Gameplay issue. It's definitely just a desync problem.

if you would have read more than just the OP you'd know that he's not talking about bad hitreg/desync or whatever, but actual dmg weapons do. The THREADTITLE literally is about increased TTK and not some technical issue.

Again, thanks for nothing.

last edited by Benz

@benz Well fine, asshole. Jesus.

About the actual TTK, nothing's really changed. There was a buff to 5.56 and 5.45 weapons in the Beta2 changelog but damage-wise everything's pretty much been the same since the CTA.

@benz said in Has the TTK been increased? if so... why?!:

The THREADTITLE literally is about increased TTK and not some technical issue.

Also, if you actually read the post under the thread title, then you'd realize that I'm explaining why 3 FAL shots didn't kill the guy. It's not a damage-model problem, it's a desync issue.

last edited by MarksmanMax

@benz said in Has the TTK been increased? if so... why?!:

The THREADTITLE literally is about increased TTK and not some technical issue.

Also, if you actually read the post under the thread title, then you'd realize that I'm explaining why 3 FAL shots didn't kill the guy. It's not a damage-model problem, it's a desync issue.

....that's what already has been said in this thread.

@benz Everyone's been complaining about the hit registration, but I'm saying that the hitreg is fine and the desync between client and server is the actual problem here.

@benz Everyone's been complaining about the hit registration, but I'm saying that the hitreg is fine and the desync between client and server is the actual problem here.

And this thread is complaining about TTK. You are in the wrong thread then.

@benz I'm not exactly saying the TTK is fine, though. I'm saying the desync is fucked, which means the TTK is also fucked.

You're in the wrong forum.

@benz I'm not exactly saying the TTK is fine, though. I'm saying the desync is fucked, which means the TTK is also fucked.

You're in the wrong forum.

Yay .... lets mix up gameplay issues and technical issues. Great. 😂

I've seen an official statement by NWI Alex here:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/581320/discussions/0/1736589519999574165/#c1736589519999782956

This is what he wrote:

We've made multiple changes to run speed based on community feedback over previous tests, both up and down. We're open to more suggestions on the subject based on feedback but currently, that feedback is not consistent.

Hit detection is something we're still looking at.

AP/HP ammo isn't making a comeback. It created an unhealthy meta that didn't emphasise player loadout choices. However, we are discussing changes to armour.

If you see an airstrike, move away from open windows or doors.

We're making changes based on player feedback. The more constructive the feedback, the easier it is to find the areas we need to change or improve.

@grotesqueshadow said in TTK and the identity of this franchise:

We've made multiple changes to run speed based on community feedback over previous tests, both up and down. We're open to more suggestions on the subject based on feedback but currently, that feedback is not consistent.

Cut out the fact that the maps are too big with sprints lasting for minutes over 150+ meters (even more on Canyon) and you'll see the movement speed (sprint) is too fast. That's all there is to it.

last edited by Slazenger

Even though Sandstorm is the latest release, I found myself spending more time on the older release.

So many people already pointed out the TTK problem, so I will not talk about it.

It seems like NWI developers decided to plug their ears and shut their eyes about this TTK problem.

Other than the TTK problem, Sandstorm really needs more maps.

I am looking forward to community-made maps.

I think the community-made maps will carry this game.

last edited by Nick Kim

@benz Those people aren't wearing heavy armor. Heavy Armor is scarily OP

@benz The other guys here are stupid. Most of your kills where headshots. Did they have full health? did they have heavy armor? i would say kills like that only happens every 4-5 kills. rest take alot more to kill. also, Hell no you shouldn't be rewarded for aiming headshots. Its supposed to be more realistic and you got to be stupid aiming headshot in real life. A shot in the lungs/heart should be more effective. Should it be a must to aim headshots like in CS? hell no. go play cs or battlefield or any other fps game out there they all have this. its clearly what you want. We want Insurgency. This isnt insurgency in its current state. Its some weird baby between battlefield and insurgency and many insurgency fans dont like it.

The problem with the TTK had nothing to do with the "aiming and what's fair" mentality. The low TTK in Insurgency was fun because it put an emphasis on positioning and movement. You didn't feel like you could cross an open street because you'd most likely get shot down. In Sandstorm you can cross in the open without much worry because of TTK and movement speed. IMO That's just not fun. I want to strategize. I want to have to worry about where the enemy is located and how I'm going to get into a position where I can get a shot on them. Instead, I feel like it's more advantageous to just run around and be the better shot, which is a fine game mechanic, but that's why I'd play CoD or CSGO. Insurgency was special and different. Bring that back.