If anyone here is having trouble getting refunds from Steam?

Youtube Video

Remind them of this... and the fact that they have a LEGAL OBLIGATION AS A VENDOR TO ABIDE BY THE CONSUMER LAWS OF THE COUNTRIES THEY ARE OPERATING IN.

THEY'RE REFUND POLICY DOESN'T OUTWEIGH CONSUMER LAW IN YOUR COUNTRY!

I just lodged a complaint with the ACCC.
Indeed after the recent appeal I mentioned above I may actually be in the right according the kind lady on the phone.

I told her I indeed did prove it wasn't my system or user error, I have contacted the devs/publisher (a response on a forum counts apparently, especially if its an official response), I have told Valve all this in my refund requests that have been denied, even the recent one citing the ACCC's win in the courts recently.

She took down my details, told me that yes they ARE bound by AUSTRALIAN CONSUMER LAW in Australia especially after Valve's appeal loss, considering I have gone out of my way to prove the above things that THEY ARE REQUIRED to follow local laws if they're operating in Australia, even if its an online store ;)..... and that its getting looked into.

Its a start 😉

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.