Measured the tickrate of the game

Hi!

Firstly, just some quick note:
I really love this game and I want it to be the best as possible, so I'm planning to give a lot of feedback in the future. But first, I was curious, what tickrate does the server use, so I downloaded Wireshark and tracked the net traffic. BE WARNED: that I'm not professional in this, I have never did anything like this before, so I might got false or bad results.

What I did is that set Wireshark to capture pockets, and after the game ended, I stopped it, and using IP filters in the I/O graph, I filtered out the sending, and receiving packets and saved the graph as pictures.

It has ~20 second of lobby in it, and I won the game, by killing everyone.

Firstly, the server sending rates:
0_1535800482431_FearTheWolvesServerRates.png

It seems its around 32 tickrate.

The more interesting one is the User sending rates, and thats why I think I might screwed up something, because as the match progresses, it becomes lowe:

0_1535800671661_FearTheWolvesUserRates.png

If anyone knows more about Wireshark, or knows anything that I might messed up, feel free to comment here, and I will correct it. I'm planning to do this test with every update.

Thanks for the attention,
defdani

TL;TR:
Servers sending rate: ~32
User's sending rate first half: ~60-80
User's sending rate second half: ~36-52
These results might be false, as I'm not an expert at Wireshark

Client sending rate depends from your fps.
0_1535836030870_Wireshark_2018-09-02_00-06-56.png

last edited by aaa4xu

I think it's correct, because my lag gets progressively worse, as the game goes on. I think it gets REALLY bad if I'm being spectated, but I don't know how to tell if anyone is watching me. The more spectators though, the more lag for me, always. I was playing just a few minutes ago and it was terrible. This should be priority NUMERO UNO DEVS. Start by looking for memory leaks.

last edited by KWpops

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.