[IMPORTANT SUGGESTION] Add an option in local play for the every enemy bot to equip heavy armor.

This way playing locally without the hit registration issues, the community can test the Time To Kill (TTK) with all the different weapons and calibers.

This should immediately be implemented so proper and consistent feedback can be given.

@slazenger thats a good idea. maybe when the server browser release we can test it too.
you are more then welcome to add me so we can test
my steam is TulioTTR

@tuliottr Cheers I might just do that later on.

I'd actually like somekinda ingame shooting range where objects represent real "health"/armor values. Where you can test all weapons etc.

@Slazenger To be honest, they should of tested the damage/time to kill with all calibers against all armor types. It should of been addressed very early on in development. Some game-play designer would of sat down and wrote down on a note pad some kind of list that tier'd all possible time to kills, checking and combining every variable.

And if they didn't do this step thoroughly, then gg.

The list would of looked something like this...

Calibers Against No Armour Inside Effective Range:
9x18 - 1 head, 2 body, 3 leg
9x19 - 1 head, 2 body, 3 leg
.45ACP - 1 head, 1 body, 2 leg
4.6x30 - 1 head, 1 body, 2 leg
5.45x39 - 1 head, 1 body, 2 leg
5.56 - 1 head, 1 body, 2 leg
7.62 - 1 head, 1 body, 1 leg

Calibers Against No Armour Outside Effective Range:
9x18 - 2 head, 3 body, 4 leg
9x19 - 2 head, 3 body, 4 leg
.45ACP - 1 head, 2 body, 3 leg
4.6x30 - 1 head, 2 body, 3 leg
5.45x39 - 1 head, 1 body, 3 leg
5.56 - 1 head, 1 body, 2 leg
7.62 - 1 head, 1 body, 2 leg

Calibers Against Light Armour Inside Effective Range:
9x18 - 2 body
9x19 - 2 body
.45ACP - 2 body
4.6x30 - 2 body
5.45x39 - 2 body
5.56 - 1 body
7.62 - 1 body

Calibers Against Heavy Armour Inside Effective Range:
9x18 - 3 body
9x19 - 3 body
.45ACP - 3 body
4.6x30 - 2 body
5.45x39 - 2 body
5.56 - 2 body
7.62 - 2 body

Obviously, this list is super basic and quick. Don't take this list as gospel, it's JUST AN EXAMPLE. If I was to write this down properly, I would take into account A LOT more things like even more specific calibers, weapon specifics, more accurate effective ranges, penetration through objects etc. But I'm not going to spend that much time and effort doing such.

So they should of written a list like the above and literally loaded in a dummy bot and tested each weapon going through like 20 variables each (mix of armor, distance, through objects etc). If this is hard coded into the game then we don't need to test because they should of already done it, then it would just be hit reg left to fix. The damage model and the TTK should be the backbone of the game.

@jarple said in [IMPORTANT SUGGESTION] Add an option in local play for the every enemy bot to equip heavy armor.:

@Slazenger To be honest, they should of tested the damage/time to kill with all calibers against all armor types. It should of been addressed very early on in development. Some game-play designer would of sat down and wrote down on a note pad some kind of list that tier'd all possible time to kills, checking and combining every variable.
And if they didn't do this step thoroughly, then gg.

Of course they have put tons of thought into this, we just don't agree with their conclusion. They want to make their game better, we don't think that is what they are achieving with this change - quite the contrary actually. I remain hopeful they will lower TTK in future patches.

@slazenger said in [IMPORTANT SUGGESTION] Add an option in local play for the every enemy bot to equip heavy armor.:

This way playing locally without the hit registration issues, the community can test the Time To Kill (TTK) with all the different weapons and calibers.
This should immediately be implemented so proper and consistent feedback can be given.

I think that is a great idea, I would also like the ability to force light armor or no armor on all bots, so that comparisons can be made.

Maybe heavy armor should be balanced to be a "rare special purpose purchase" instead of a "must have", because it might cost so much weight, supply points and blocks the slot for the ammo carrier, so that it's only picked by people who want to be able to do a "slow breach" where they can tank 1 or 2 hits and everyone else who wants a proper rifle, nade and sidearm, will not be able to also equip heavy armor? Maybe it should be so heavy that it excludes the heaviest weapons like RPGs, LMGs, etc. ? I don't know, I think as long as I myself could still make room for it in my loadout, it's still too clear of an upside and almost everyone will take it as a "must buy".

And to whoever just started typing what real soldiers carry: I don't care. It's a game, I want it to be balanced to be at least as much fun as Insurgency2014 was, and right now for me that isn't the case.

Bumping since I've gotten 1 hit kills with the m1911 at close range but not with the SVD

It's really odd and inconsistent and I'd like to test it all in a easier way (hard to tell when the enemy is wearing armor just by looking).

@Slazenger Try playing as the Insurgents shooting the Security. Way easier to see the armor type they are wearing. But will still don't know if local bots share the same health/damage model as a player in versus.