The problem no one is talking about w/ regards to TTK

In Insurgency 2, it was absolutely terrifying to run from cover to cover. Being out in the open, even for a brief second, could mean death. This meant that every movement you made had to be thought about. It required strategy just to get to the frontline.

Now in Sandstorm, because of the heavy armor TTK, I see way too many people with no regards for the way they are moving whatsoever. They're running over hills, across open streets, and straight to OBJ because they don't feel the fear and the pressure that was in Insurgency 2. This is the real problem with the TTK. High TTK means you can get away with more failures and mistakes. It means you can run around a corner, see an enemy, turn and run right back into cover without any problem (want proof? Check it out). The entire game changes with a high TTK.

Edit: I mostly want to know if this was an intentional decision by the devs. They need to be forthcoming if they felt like the one hit body kill was too fast in INS 2 and if they decided to change it in Sandstorm.

last edited by oldkingcole225

I get your point about crossing open areas. It should feel dangerous. From my experience the issue is more about getting shot not affecting player movement. TTK feels fine imo, because enemy drops really fast when I get my aim on them. But feels weird, when I hit someone who is crossing an road for example and his running is not affected at all.

Your "proof" looks like a coop against bots, that shoot very inaccurately lot of the times 🙂 Video is from Karmakut and he plays coop most of the time in his Sandstorm-videos.

Agreed @jensiii

The effect of taking a shot to armor is something I believe could solve all the damage woes. If realism is the goal, level IV plates should absolute stop at least 3-6 rounds of the heaviest rifle caliber rounds in this game. The thing that is missing is knocking someone on their butt or making them stumble badly when hit. Not from kinetic energy transfer alone, but from the shock of being hit in the plates. At the very least a massive flinch that makes you come off your iron sights and/or being unable to fire for a brief period.

last edited by SharkVA84

I'm less concerned with absolute simulation than gameplay. One of my favorite things about Insurgency has been how unforgiving it was of bad tactical decisions, and how one slip up can compound to total failure.

The TTK in Sandstorm makes it feel less tense, and I can run through machinegun fire with basically no downside besides slowing down a tad.

I'd rather have the weapon accuracy nerfed, placing additional benefits on careful aimed shots, and increasing the damage so that this non tactical movement is disfavored.

what differentiates the insurgency from other games is the faster TTK, if it is to play with THIS ttk, better to play a BF OR COD

last edited by Skynet

@jensiii I usually see (and do it myself) people zig zagging in the open to get away from gunfire. It's prettt easy.
I wont get video proof bcause I dont have the time, but if you doubt me, just try it yourself

@tuliottr said in The problem no one is talking about w/ regards to TTK:

@jensiii I usually see (and do it myself) people zig zagging in the open to get away from gunfire. It's prettt easy.
I wont get video proof bcause I dont have the time, but if you doubt me, just try it yourself

jensiii literally wrote

From my experience the issue is more about getting shot not affecting player movement.

Shots affecting player movement more would get rid of the "zig zagging".

@Benz
@jensiii said in The problem no one is talking about w/ regards to TTK:

Your "proof" looks like a coop against bots, that shoot very inaccurately lot of the times 🙂 Video is from Karmakut and he plays coop most of the time in his Sandstorm-videos.

done, last time I reply to you

@tuliottr Pls quote jensiii where he states there's no "zig zagging". He literally writes

But feels weird, when I hit someone who is crossing an road for example and his running is not affected at all.

I suggest you try to read posts before replying.

The Problem is people want to slow movement down to fix the ttk issue. Because they can’t spraydown someone running across the map.

I have a fix for this. “When under fire slow the players movement down”.
We can adjust the % of this as we go, but it’s the best way to fix the problem without making every gun a 1 shot kill or movement sluggish.

@reeceaus said in The problem no one is talking about w/ regards to TTK:

The Problem is people want to slow movement down to fix the ttk issue. Because they can’t spraydown someone running across the map.

I have a fix for this. “When under fire slow the players movement down”.
We can adjust the % of this as we go, but it’s the best way to fix the problem without making every gun a 1 shot kill or movement sluggish.

I have to agree. I would not want a slow based on "under fire" though. You gotta hit shots.

last edited by Benz

Another post on TTK for a hit reg problem. It's not TTK or heavy armor, your hits are not registering as a hit. Once that is completely fixed, reevaluate. I keep seeing improvements to this with each update. Beta 1 was horrible and really unplayable. Today it's playable. I have dropped people with one pistol shot, that had armor. I missed the armor and got them in the neck.

Absolutely true.
You don't get tense moments in Sandstorm because there is no great risk.

@rifrafjonesy Well, some players thinks hitreg is not working. But we cannot prove it. The only way you could is if you had videos to compare to the real-time server feed. Then you could see if some hits didn't register indeed. Since we don't have access to that, we don't know. It's a supposition.

All we know for sure is that the median TTK is very high and forgiving. It's an issue with almost everyone.

I'd also like to point out that body armour isn't as useful as ins sandstorm makes you believe. There's hundreds of videos out there showing you U.S. soldiers getting one shot on the chest and dying. Heavily armoured u.s. soldiers...

@best-waifu said in The problem no one is talking about w/ regards to TTK:

I'd also like to point out that body armour isn't as useful as ins sandstorm makes you believe. There's hundreds of videos out there showing you U.S. soldiers getting one shot on the chest and dying. Heavily armoured u.s. soldiers...

You missed the point where ins:s isn't a realistic milsim.

@benz said in The problem no one is talking about w/ regards to TTK:

You missed the point where ins:s isn't a realistic milsim.

That's odd, I recall you saying it is in many other threads. You even said we shouldn't complain because those body armours are so effective in real life that they easily block 10 bullets of the highest calibre...
And if you've been following my replies in many other threads, I do not consider ins a milsim by any means, shape or form. And I don't want it to be!
I made this argument in my general feeling that super-armored players surviving shots like it's nobody's business is really not fun. That's bad for a game.

@benz I think you are missing the point...

@best-waifu said in The problem no one is talking about w/ regards to TTK:

@benz I think you are missing the point...

You took a real-life example as a justification for gameplay and claim I said SS is a milsim ... yet I'm the one missing the point. Funny guy.