The problem no one is talking about w/ regards to TTK

@benz You are being very insulting to many on this forum. And yes, you are missing the point, this thread is not about making personal attacks and getting offended for nothing. It's about exchanging views so that everyone can have a say on what they think of sandstorm. You are doing the exact opposite by trying to stop us from doing so.
Please shape up or leave this forum ad vitam eaternam.

@best-waifu said in The problem no one is talking about w/ regards to TTK:

@benz You are being very insulting to many on this forum. And yes, you are missing the point, this thread is not about making personal attacks and getting offended for nothing. It's about exchanging views so that everyone can have a say on what they think of sandstorm. You are doing the exact opposite by trying to stop us from doing so.
Please shape up or leave this forum ad vitam eaternam.

So you have nothing to say in this argument besides off topic stuff? Ok. Gotcha. It's literally not my fault you are contradicting yourself.

@benz Just keep being a troll. Since you thinks that makes you better than everyone else. That's gonna be really helpful for you...

@benz Just keep being a troll. Since you thinks that makes you better than everyone else. That's gonna be really helpful for you...

1. Use real-life example as justification for gameplay
  2. claim false things about stuff i've said
  3. Say you don't want SS to be a milsim, despite 1.
  4. go totally OT
  5. profit???

Is that how you discuss things? Nice. I am the troll here? Nice.

@benz
troll: "One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument"

Sir, you are a troll by the very definition of it. I'm not trying to hurt you. You need to realize this.
So I'd like it if you stopped being so provocative.

@benz
troll: "One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument"

Sir, you are a troll by the very definition of it. I'm not trying to hurt you. You need to realize this.
So I'd like it if you stopped being so provocative.

By your usage of the definition everyone in a discussion who disagrees is a troll then. Good job completely misusing a word. Calling someone a "troll" just because he debunks your BS is such a cheap way out.

AND STILL ... no real arguments from you. Just OT. Dont you have anything to say to back up your statement? Really? I'll go the easy route for you:

Why did you use a real-life example as justification for gameplay, when you don't want INS:S do be a milsim?

If you don't answer that question and keep writing about OT stuff no one cares about we all know what kinda person you are. So go ahead.

last edited by Benz

@benz Yes, we all know I'm a good person for using patience and an open-minded attitude with you. A person who is clearly being hostile to everyone.
Full disclaimer, we all hate you on this forum. And when a feeling so extreme is shared by all, it means the problem doesn't come from others, it comes from you.
You misinterpret everything, we spend time and efforts re-explaining you the same thing over and over but you keep persisting in being a stuck up ass-hole.
Other disclaimer: I did answer the game play justification in my second reply, you decided to continue with personal attack and not even read it. Your problem. Since you want to concentrate on your personal issues (maybe daddy issues?), the conversation stays on your personality. Quite rotten if you want this forum's concensus.

@benz big bla bla i just skimmed to see if there's an actual answer

Thanks for proving my point.

@benz Thanks for proving mine. Now please leave this forum, troll.

@benz And the game all together. We don't need trolls.

@benz Just to be clear, I also reported your profile to the mods because you didn't take the occasion to show you could participate and help this beta achieve it's goals. You are disruptive and are destroying the goal of the beta by stopping us from exchanging our views.
I invite everyone to report Benz for his toxic behaviour. Let's make an effort to keep this forum clean and civil.

last edited by Best Waifu

@benz I did answer the game play justification in my second reply

No, you didn't. See. You don't even understand my question. I didn't ask you why you are arguing it, i asked you why you use a real-life example as justification for gameplay. And you still haven't answered.

last edited by Benz

Just a dead thread, kill it mods.

@tuliottr said in The problem no one is talking about w/ regards to TTK:

@jensiii I usually see (and do it myself) people zig zagging in the open to get away from gunfire. It's prettt easy.
I wont get video proof bcause I dont have the time, but if you doubt me, just try it yourself

Yeah, you're correct that it is a problem at the moment. I think this also has a lot to do with acceleration and how changing directions quickly is handled in movement. If I put on a tracksuit and running shoes and try to zigzag and change directions quickly on a good surface in real life, that's already quite hard 😃 Now imagine doing that yourself in combat gear with a weapon in your hand.

This is why I think that movement should be tweaked (sprint acceleration and changing directions).

@jensiii I agree with Jensiii, TTK feels fine especially in local play where you can test out the actual damage being dealt without having to deal with poor hit reg or desync which is what I think most people are observing and mistakenly thinking they are actually hitting the targets on screen and relating it to TTK.

@sharkva84 About realism and "3-6 rounds": Yes, the armor can allegedly withstand that many rounds (non AP of course) without penetration however, you'd probably die or be gravely injured after the first 2 shots when the anti-spalling layer of the armor disintegrates, lodging tiny fragments of lead up into your neck or thighs. You also will definitely not be standing unless you were shot with something like a .22.

@Best-Waifu About Hit Reg: You can test Hit Reg if it is a client side issue. Try local play and you'll notice that the bots, even with heavy armor go down in far less shots than in online especially when they are stationary.

@imacookie We also don't know if bots have the same health pool as players. And I don't see how I'd know if they have heavy-armour.

@best-waifu Black vest = Heavy armor, blue vest = light armor and no armor... well, has no armor.

@oldkingcole225 said in The problem no one is talking about w/ regards to TTK:

In Insurgency 2, it was absolutely terrifying to run from cover to cover. Being out in the open, even for a brief second, could mean death. This meant that every movement you made had to be thought about. It required strategy just to get to the frontline.

Wait, what?
A lot of source maps has routes that led you straight into the enemy spawn without crossing through areas with more then one angle to hold, you would literally sprint into an enemy back-line if you were good enough to take the aim duel with anyone trying to do the same to you.

You're not the guy crouch walking everywhere while entranced by the free aim system, are you?

Dropping movement speed on hit is an "okay" idea imo, but in regards to shark, both forced movement and also flinch mechanics can die in a fire, both painfully frustrating to deal with