Feedback from Top Tier INS Source nerd (3938 hours in INS Source)

@grotesqueshadow said in Feedback from Top Tier INS Source nerd (3938 hours in INS Source):

I fully agree, which makes me think "why mess with that?". This stuff is so hard to get right for the reasons you mention, I mostly don't see the need to change any of it - with a few exceptions where one gun e.g. was just clearly better than another of the same cost. E.g. I never could get remotly the same killing efficiency out of an m1911 as out of an m9, and they have improved that balance in Sandstorm.

I think that NWI wanted armor to matter, which is fair. I think it just needs to be dialed back.

I think NWI is dedicated to getting it right and we just need to provide constructive feedback in a mature calm manner 🙂 it doesn't have to be all positive feedback, just needs to stay constructive!

@argo said in Feedback from Top Tier INS Source nerd (3938 hours in INS Source):

@Link - I think if these changes are going to be made then supply points will have to be cut at the start of the game + drum magazines removed for most classes. It would be chaos to have these sort of improvements stacked on top of everyone having a 50 round drum + foregrip at the beginning.

It just goes to show that you can't change the TTK without changing everything else, meaning changing the design approach towards Sandstorm.

yea the drum mag needs to be balanced by supply point for sure, it's a bit OP right now but they adjusted it from beta 1 to beta 2 so they're working on it.

Completely agree with everything, but what mostly needs work is speed, i also had made a post saying exactly the same about the movement, right now changing directions is instant and the acceleration is insanely fast, also if you guys want to try dmg values without bad hit reg, open a local play server, when you spawn in with all the bots, hit - on your keyboard, press ai, and press toggle ai once, the bots will not move or shoot you and you will have full reign to test whatever you want on them.

Your character should also flinch when shot, i think that would add to that feeling of getting shot and would stop many firefights to who can aim the fastest as it should be.

last edited by FreedN

@freedn said in Feedback from Top Tier INS Source nerd (3938 hours in INS Source):

Completely agree with everything, but what mostly needs work is speed, i also had made a post saying exactly the same about the movement, right now changing directions is instant and the acceleration is insanely fast, also if you guys want to try dmg values without bad hit reg, open a local play server, when you spawn in with all the bots, hit - on your keyboard, press ai, and press toggle ai once, the bots will not move or shoot you and you will have full reign to test whatever you want on them.

Your character should also flinch when shot, i think that would add to that feeling of getting shot and would stop many firefights to who can aim the fastest as it should be.

Yep... this is an example of me abusing the speed.

https://clips.twitch.tv/BoxyHappyStingrayKreygasm