Speed Movement need to be toned down even more.

The acceleration is still crazy,im running like sonic across maps,and didn't even get tired,with full gear/armor...this thing really needs to be balanced,playing as a sniper is suck hard,because all players are going to zig zag while sprinting avoiding my bullets...
And im not the single person who think the movements its still to fast...

@mariuspetran check the first two clips in my thread: https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/28935/movement-bugs-and-stuff-clips

It's not only the speed but also the absolute absence of any visual indication of what direction is the character going to move to and no deceleration for changing directions . They just slide around.

I actually feel comfortable with the top speed now. To be honest, I was also for a speed reduction after beta 1 and it seems to me that they got a good ground for top speed.
Apart from that, I agree that in some situations the speed doesn't make much sense. For example but not limited to:

1. Jumps when sprinting are so long it's ridiculous and I can even vault over objects without landing the jump... This matrix?
  2. When getting shot, speed remains the same. I think that's unrealistic and lame.
  3. You get to top speed instantly from what I gather, I'd like a 1 or 2 second acceleration.
  4. Sharp turns should slow down speed but I understand that this could be very hard to implement and I do not wish to push for that point.

Maybe your character should fall over and slide if you do a 180 turn while sprinting at full speed. You'll end up prone (on your back) afterwards.

@best-waifu

How is it realistic to slow down when you are shot? Depending on where you are hit, the adrenaline will likely mask the pain.

@schroder8823 I think you forgot the stopping power that a military grade high-powered rifle packs. I can assure you that if it's a good hit, you ain't gonna be running like nothing happened just because adrenaline. And soldiers being shot at tends to duck, not run. Adrenaline very rarely does that effect and it's usually when the person is hit by a 9 mm handgun.

Slow down the sprint speed

and

Make smaller maps

I agree. Sprinting is too fast even in heavy armor.

@best-waifu said in Speed Movement need to be toned down even more.:

@schroder8823 I think you forgot the stopping power that a military grade high-powered rifle packs. I can assure you that if it's a good hit, you ain't gonna be running like nothing happened just because adrenaline. And soldiers being shot at tends to duck, not run. Adrenaline very rarely does that effect and it's usually when the person is hit by a 9 mm handgun.

Well if you are hit hard enough to be stopped then you will highly likely be unable to move further. If bullet hit you without crippling limbs it will be possible to run for some time. Soldiers are taught to duck just to make their silhouette shorter and they only do that when they have no cover.

@chonma-ho You also forget the stopping power of the riffle. Am I the only one that knows what happens to your internal organs and muscles when a bullets hits you???? That tiny bullets packs so much Newtons that your organs gets squished and pushed like paper tissues, it's worst than a thousand punch. That's why bullet wounds are so hard to treat compared to blade wounds.
Meaning the soldier is badly hurt, if it's armour was penetrated or he got a very bad bruise, plus he is suppressed and panicking. You've been shot at ffs, you can't keep calm no matter what. So he is not gonna be running like nothing happened, thus the speed reduction. I'm not saying the player should be immobilized, but being able to run like it's no ones business after taking a few bullets is crap. And it makes you feel like you're shooting a water-gun.
Ducking also makes you slower, so why are you so set on thinking soldiers can keep up their speed while successfully shot at?

last edited by Best Waifu

@best-waifu I agree that stopping power of bullet is big enough but sometimes bullet goes through without full impact.

Regular movement is fine, sprinting is too fast, there is no accelleration, and heavy armour needs more of a movement nerf.