Championship ends today. I'm waiting for something new. [WARNING. POSSIBLE SPOILERS]
  • Hope leads to suffering. But damn I love this game so much. We've been told multiple times that devs are working on.. something. You can't make a completely new game in a year, so there is a chance that this "something" is BFGA-related.

And, well, I have some reasons to have hope. You know, there were a beta build at some point? It was a dev build, and this means a lot of things, but most importantly, there were prototypes in there.

I'm probably breaking EULA here, and I'm sorry if this hurts devs on any way, but come on, you were almost completely silent for a looong time.

All I have is these 3 screenshots. I had a vid somewhere but I can't find it right now.

Once again, this stuff were in beta build more than hald a year ago. BFGA development could be ended, and these are just prototypes that would never be finished. But I still want to have some hope.

• @Blexus-Falconer said in BFG Championship v2:

Greetings Admirals,

As you know, last week, we launched the first BFG Championship.

Our objective was to offer a new leaderboard for a limited time and to reward top players.

Unfortunately, as some of you may have noticed, a technical issue affected the rankings, preventing users from competing fairly: The ELO ranking - which is used to help players find a worthy opponent in a balanced match- wasn't reset at the opening of the championship, keeping the old profiles' rankings.

This resulted in a massive gap between ranks, causing some users to be ranked in the top 10 with only a few matches played.

Now that this has come to our attention, we'd rather temporarily close the championship to address the issue and then restart fresh.

The Championship V2 will start today, July the 10th at 6 PM CEST and will close July the 24th at 6 PM CEST. Prize awarding and rules remain unchanged.

IMPORTANT: To access the championship, you'll need to restart the game. If you don't, you'll remain in the previous leaderboard with your previous profiles.

We apologise for the inconvenience and delay and wish you good luck in the tournament - thank you again for your enthusiasm and commitment to the game!

just want to point out that your calendar is a bit off

• @Ashardalon said in Championship ends today. I'm waiting for something new. [WARNING. POSSIBLE SPOILERS]:

@Blexus-Falconer said in BFG Championship v2:

Greetings Admirals,

As you know, last week, we launched the first BFG Championship.

Our objective was to offer a new leaderboard for a limited time and to reward top players.

Unfortunately, as some of you may have noticed, a technical issue affected the rankings, preventing users from competing fairly: The ELO ranking - which is used to help players find a worthy opponent in a balanced match- wasn't reset at the opening of the championship, keeping the old profiles' rankings.

This resulted in a massive gap between ranks, causing some users to be ranked in the top 10 with only a few matches played.

Now that this has come to our attention, we'd rather temporarily close the championship to address the issue and then restart fresh.

The Championship V2 will start today, July the 10th at 6 PM CEST and will close July the 24th at 6 PM CEST. Prize awarding and rules remain unchanged.

IMPORTANT: To access the championship, you'll need to restart the game. If you don't, you'll remain in the previous leaderboard with your previous profiles.

We apologise for the inconvenience and delay and wish you good luck in the tournament - thank you again for your enthusiasm and commitment to the game!

just want to point out that your calendar is a bit off

Okay, then ignore all this stuff for one more week xD

• The Championship post has just been edited today. It was due to end today, but I can imagine they stuck another week on what with writing off the first week due to a bug.

I've seen that build, there was other things in it. Good things. Bring it back!

• Adding a new race will not solve anything really you get players to come back and try it out but after a week people will just leave cos of the way the balance is for all races.

I don't even no why their is a championship all the players will do is abuse that they can to win

• @boss said in Championship ends today. I'm waiting for something new. [WARNING. POSSIBLE SPOILERS]:

Adding a new race will not solve anything really you get players to come back and try it out but after a week people will just leave cos of the way the balance is for all races.

I don't even no why their is a championship all the players will do is abuse that they can to win

Disagree with this statement so, so very much. Two things: Players "coming back" to multiplayer means absolutely nothing to Focus or Tindalos. The only thing that matters is profitability. And like many people in these forums, I would be more than happy to give money for more races.

The second thing is, it would bring a lot of people back. Everyone currently assumes the game is dead (Because let's be honest, it basically has been). But a new race signals hope for its future, especially if the DLC succeeds.

Besides, if you're worried about balance, what better time than when you're adding new content that will need to be balanced around?

• Im not saying adding a new race is a bad thing it will give players something new to try out and play but if anything it will just add more problems which atm their plenty of with each race.

I guess this is why the their Championship to get players to come back which it has to some degree but their only came back to the same state it was in before and well it why their left in the first place so I guess well just have to wait and see what they do and pray at the same time.

• Dammmm Necrons would've been awesome :3
    Still any further work is good work to me!
    There have been some pretty impressive mods created so far, thus if there is a platform/guide set up for them we might be able to get a modding community going.
    Im pretty sure some of the devs would love to keep working but doing so would involve detracting staff from other projects (which they would be unlikely to do).

Views
  • Looks like your connection to Championship ends today. I'm waiting for something new. [WARNING. POSSIBLE SPOILERS was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.]