Please replace the planned micro transactions with a donate button. Thanks.

Oh ffs. What’s gotten in to gamers? It’s like they feel obligated to defend dev’s greed and obnoxious business practices.
bolded text@p_lav said in Please replace the planned micro transactions with a donate button. Thanks.:

Really want that sick Multicam camo? Then if you don't have a problem with giving NWI a bit more money for a great game, then you can buy unlock credits, or you can play to earn them.

Are you affiliated with Focus Home or something? Because you talk like you just could not suck off them enough. Yes I want that Multicam camo. And yes I have a problem with giving NWI a little more money, I already gave them $30, and unless they delay their release by three months at least, their game is going to be released in a very unfinished state. So no, nobody should feel any obligation to give them more money. I gave them $30, and for that, I should be able to play just like everyone else, and not deal with the lingering question of “yo $5 and i can get you that sweet camo you’ve been grinding for”.

@boocheus said in Please replace the planned micro transactions with a donate button. Thanks.:

I love all the fanboys attacking me personally without actually understanding what they are talking about, they simply repeat the same lies to themselves. Guys, im not here to convince you, you've all convinced yourselves, im trying to save normal people.

-> Complains about "fanboys" that attack you personally without providing any actual facts
-> Insult said fanboys multiple times in the same sentence without providing any facts

Do you see the problem here?

@tooth-decay said in Please replace the planned micro transactions with a donate button. Thanks.:

Oh ffs. What’s gotten in to gamers? It’s like they feel obligated to defend dev’s greed and obnoxious business practices.
bolded text@p_lav said in Please replace the planned micro transactions with a donate button. Thanks.:

Really want that sick Multicam camo? Then if you don't have a problem with giving NWI a bit more money for a great game, then you can buy unlock credits, or you can play to earn them.

Are you affiliated with Focus Home or something? Because you talk like you just could not suck off them enough. Yes I want that Multicam camo. And yes I have a problem with giving NWI a little more money, I already gave them $30, and unless they delay their release by three months at least, their game is going to be released in a very unfinished state. So no, nobody should feel any obligation to give them more money. I gave them $30, and for that, I should be able to play just like everyone else, and not deal with the lingering question of “yo $5 and i can get you that sweet camo you’ve been grinding for”.

You do realize that that Multicam camo doesn't even blend in to jack shit, right? Desert Digital provides the most tactical camo imo and it's one of the cheapest ones.

I don't have an issue with paid cosmetics as long as the cosmetics make sense, because there's no tactical advantage whatsoever. Paying twenty bucks for that cool shemagh doesn't actually help you in-game.

Plus, this post is right after the patch that cut the prices of most cosmetics by about 40 to 60 percent, so all of the arguments in this post are completely invalidated now.

@boocheus said in Please replace the planned micro transactions with a donate button. Thanks.:

I love all the fanboys attacking me personally without actually understanding what they are talking about, they simply repeat the same lies to themselves. Guys, im not here to convince you, you've all convinced yourselves, im trying to save normal people.

prove i'm a fanboy

You do realize that that Multicam camo doesn't even blend in to jack shit, right? Desert Digital provides the most tactical camo imo and it's one of the cheapest ones.

I don't have an issue with paid cosmetics as long as the cosmetics make sense, because there's no tactical advantage whatsoever. Paying twenty bucks for that cool shemagh doesn't actually help you in-game.

Plus, this post is right after the patch that cut the prices of most cosmetics by about 40 to 60 percent, so all of the arguments in this post are completely invalidated now.

You don’t get it. My issue has nothing to do with a tactical advantage, or how hard it is to unlock items, but rather, that I give them $30 and they’re still going to try and entice me into giving them more money without actually giving me more content or a better gameplay experience. That’s ridiculous. If I give them $30, I should not expect them to go on to say “another $5 and that hat is yours”. This practice has no place in games, yet it is now expected to see something like this thanks to people who buy them and people like you who defend it. The mod tried to make it sound alright earlier in this thread, yet it came across as insulting by acting like we’re supposed to believe his shit when he pretends like paid cosmetics are something there to do a favor people who don’t have a lot of time. That’s because there is no way to present it without clearly trying to squeeze extra money out of people at the expense of your integrity and gameplay experience. The game has six maps, three gamemodes (one of which isn’t even worth the time), one coop mode, and yet they think it’s okay to try and get me to spend extra money on cosmetics. Please explain that one to me.

@captain-price said in Please replace the planned micro transactions with a donate button. Thanks.:

If you don't like the cosmetic items, then no worries - you can earn them by simply playing the game.

Sounds exactly like something that Activision Blizzard would say...

I expect that kind of flowery PR speak from a soulless corporate entity like them. I don't expect it from NWI.

Loving the game...... BUT, still sucks to get into a server/game and spectate 2min before game is over! Waste of my precious time for gaming!

I don't know how they could fix this issue with respawn wave & round based gameplay.

If someone captures the objective, then you can play.

Maybe add a "new games" only filter to the MMS?

This also happened in Ins2 and DOI...

@quadsword The difference between NWI and ATVI, is that Activision had lootboxes that gave weapons. If you didn't have the weapons that didn't mean you couldn't win but it could give an advantage over another player if used correctly. With NWI, they're just for looks. No lootboxes with weapons are coming anytime soon.

@captain-price And? Whats your point here? Yeah they dont effect gameplay. You think were idiots?

We know damn well it socially pressures people into spending money to get the ass to earn otherwise cosmetics and exploits people with easy income and weak attention spans and mommy's credit cards.

It doesnt help that you buy tokens and not the outfits directly, its designed to make us spend more than needed. THEIFS, LIARS.

last edited by Boocheus

I think it makes sense to reward those who play the game. It is good to have people play your game, so why not reward them? I don't mind if it takes 1000 hours to unlock everything, if it takes 10 hours to unlock the best clothing game play wise.

last edited by Snuffeldjuret

@captain-price
But how about the guys having bugs and strange behaviors right now. For example I bought a lot of stuff and now it's locked again. Iam on level 21 and I didn't even get smth for each level up. Will there be a reset when you are launching the game?

Please let me know because right now this unlock system is very disappointing.

We know damn well it socially pressures people into spending money to get the ass to earn otherwise cosmetics and exploits people with easy income and weak attention spans and mommy's credit cards.

:DDDDDDDDDDDD

So the company is evil and to be blamed because people cannot handle their money. Yeah, I suppose they should just make the game free and not be "capitalist pigs" by asking money from a product they themselves made.

If I want to throw my cash at NWI, I do it with CONSENT. Nobody is pointing a gun on your head and making you buy anything. Not even the game itself.

Smells like entitlement mentality here.

Entitled? heck off. Thats all im gonna say to you. Ignored.

last edited by Boocheus

I don't know how you all kept taking this guy seriously after this:

Stop speaking like a wall mart dog and speak like a gamer.

Im describing value in a method detached from actual currency but i understand you millineal gamers dont understand what gaming unlocks really used to be about.

Rise up gamers, we can't let these millenials pay for cosmetic items, WAKE UP! Also Veronica, please let me see the children I beg you, I miss them so much...

@dootybooty How many trolls and fanboys am i gonna have to shift through to find a sane soul

@captain-price And? Whats your point here? Yeah they dont effect gameplay. You think were idiots?

It doesnt help that you buy tokens and not the outfits directly, its designed to make us spend more than needed. THEIFS, LIARS.

My point is, people who don't want to spend money on cosmetics don't have to in order to keep up with other players (in terms of actual gameplay). If you don't want to spend money, then don't. No one is forcing you to.

@hirnfleisch said in Please replace the planned micro transactions with a donate button. Thanks.:

@captain-price
But how about the guys having bugs and strange behaviors right now. For example I bought a lot of stuff and now it's locked again. Iam on level 21 and I didn't even get smth for each level up. Will there be a reset when you are launching the game?

I can't speak for the people having bugs with their currency. It's a beta, so some things aren't going to run the best at first.

@captain-price said in Please replace the planned micro transactions with a donate button. Thanks.:

My point is, people who don't want to spend money on cosmetics don't have to in order to keep up with other players (in terms of actual gameplay). If you don't want to spend money, then don't. No one is forcing you to.

@hirnfleisch said in Please replace the planned micro transactions with a donate button. Thanks.:

@captain-price

I can't speak for the people having bugs with their currency. It's a beta, so some things aren't going to run the best at first.

Holy fuck you need to stop talking to people like they’re stupid. No shit you’re not forcing them to buy cosmetics, no one suggested that. However, it is obvious that you want people to feel pressured to spend money on cosmetics, and that’s a shitty thing to do when you already charged them $30 for it. Do you understand that the backlash over micro transactions has nothing to do with gameplay concerns and everything to do with you using scumbag business practices?

@tooth-decay said in Please replace the planned micro transactions with a donate button. Thanks.:

Holy fuck you need to stop talking to people like they’re stupid. No shit you’re not forcing them to buy cosmetics, no one suggested that. However, it is obvious that you want people to feel pressured to spend money on cosmetics, and that’s a shitty thing to do when you already charged them $30 for it. Do you understand that the backlash over micro transactions has nothing to do with gameplay concerns and everything to do with you using scumbag business practices?

Two things. First, please give me an example where I was "treating people like they're stupid". I haven't talked down to anybody nor have I been disrespectful. That said, I'd appreciate it if you didn't make false accusations.

Secondly, I'm simply a moderator for the forums, I'm not a marketing strategist nor am I employed by Focus Home or NWI. I'm a volunteer moderator with a job description of "keeping the forums clean". I only can make decision on forum matters, I don't decide what happens in-game.

@tooth-decay said in [Please replace the planned micro transactions with a donate button. Thanks.]

How are people FEELING PRESSURED to buy? Explain this.