Either TTK needs changing or hit reg... (video)

@byby said in Either TTK needs changing or hit reg... (video):

@Benz It is very relevant that you know and have played Ins2014! The new one should be a new succesful shooter based on the succesful successor. All good things needs comparison to make things better in all aspects. If you are not comparing to Ins2014, you dont know what the game should be like. Now, go spend a couple of euros and play the old Ins! Then you will know what most of us are talking about. What game did you come from before this? Just curious as to which game you are doing your comparisons to!?

I have played ins. 20 hours and then stopped because it was cumbersome to play comp. What games i come from? Quakeworld, Quake3, CPM, Reflex, CS 1.6, CSGO.

CS 1.6 -> CSS -> CSGO: All play different.
SC1 -> SC2: play different
Quakeworld -> Quake 2 -> Quake 3: all play different.
WC1-> WC2->WC3: all play different.

You know where i'm going with this, right?

Of course I do, I just dont see it as a legitmate argument. All players play diff within the games they play. Not overall in all games. So to keep Ins S in its original "spirit", one has to know the spirit.

Of course I do, I just dont see it as a legitmate argument. All players play diff within the games they play. Not overall in all games. So to keep Ins S in its original "spirit", one has to know the spirit.

I don't care about spirit, feelings or vodoo. I care about getting a good, competitive FPS shooter.

last edited by Benz

@Benz
Obviously you dont know what I mean!? Dissapointing... well, dont you think that a second version of a game should ressemble the first version? Upgraded of course, but still same feeling... AKA "spirit"... is that clear enough for you?
And then I hope youre opinion is as useless to the Devs as it is for me.

@Benz
Obviously you dont know what I mean!? Dissapointing... well, dont you think that a second version of a game should ressemble the first version? Upgraded of course, but still same feeling... AKA "spirit"... is that clear enough for you?
And then I hope youre opinion is as useless to the Devs as it is for me.

Too bad many vet players seem to share my opinion. What do you have to say about that? Link (a season vet comp player) is literally fine with armor adding 2-5 bullets to TTK. Quode is also a vet ins player and he is fine with the TTK. Many others. Why is that?

You know what kinda people are the loudest? The ones that complain. Most people that are fine with the game dont go to this forum and post about it, simply because they are happy and don't feel the need to communicate that. They just live with it. That's why in general people complaining are the loudest. Doesn't mean they are the majority neither that they are correct.

@jazon_xd Lack of any blood in that first clip suggests hitreg for sure. Your third hit should have been a headshot too.
AK-74U does have a short effective range which seems to come into effect sooner than the stats suggest as well, but I'd still say it was hitreg.

Third clip is also definitely hitreg as the SCAR normally gets 1-2 shot kills AFAIK.

maybe its a desync from your game data and the server's data, i dunno

Devs have mentioned they are aware of hit reg issues and talking about tweaking armor.

@Benz I have 1500 hours in Ins. Dont need anyone to correct me. I am a vet too, so shut it. I am not loud, I am stating my opinion against a noob who doesnt know anything for him self. I dont care about you, your gameplay or opinion. We were not talking about TTK in the end. You were arguing that you know best since you are a newcomer. Armor need tweak, and it will come. Wait and see how much will be tweaked to ressemble original game. And since youre on all threads and have an opinion on all, I would day that you are loud and new to the game. Which is cool, just tone it down a bit.

While I agree that it's a good thing to be familiar with INS2, so it's easier to understand where some of the feedback is coming from, there is a certain assumption in some of the feedback from INS2 players.

That assumption is: "Sandstorm should be the same as INS2."

How so? Who says it? Has this even been the purpose of Sandstorm? To be the same as INS2.

These are just questions that quicky pop into my mind. I don't know the answers.

I also want Sandstorm to be better than INS2, but that's a largely subjective matter. Is it better that Sandstorm is on the UE4 engine? In my opinion it is, but I've read feedback from people who think that's not a good thing. That's already a big change from INS2.

Can the game be the same if we CHANGE something to better it?

There's also the problem of people being used to something. This is why sequels always get some shit, no matter what. People get used to something and if it changes, it doesn't feel good. Generally people don't like changes. That's a universal principle, not just specific to this situation.

I agree that Sandstorm feels different from INS2. I personally like the change. How can we better something if we can't change it at all?

@jensiii said in Either TTK needs changing or hit reg... (video):

I agree that Sandstorm feels different from INS2. I personally like the change. How can we better something if we can't change it at all?

There are plenty of changes that I like: staged reloads/quick reload with mag dropping, some of the new attachements, doors, better pve, new grenade cooking mechanic, better particle effects, a whole new set of maps to explore, potentially better working matchmaking queues, better weapon variety, no AP/HP meta, gas masks, vaulting, ability to enter/exit windows, quick melee...

But I would very much welcome TTK to get shorter instead of longer and semi auto to be more viable. If it takes 5-6 hits (after hitreg issues being fixed) to kill a dude I won't be able to enjoy the game in pvp and they'll have alienated one of the players who considers INS2014 the most fun PVP shooter by far. I don't think that's how you successfully "improve" upon an existing franchise.

@byby I encourage you to flag Benz profile as being a troll. He has insulted many people across multiple threads and we don't have to bear with such a toxic person. Only his opinion counts to him and he attacks and insults anyone that doesn't agree. I and other have already reported him, more reports would make the mods understand how disruptive to the forum he is.
I do want to say how amazing you are to have kept your cool and not fall to his level.

@Slazenger its the '-' key on the numpad, all the way to the top right.

@grotesqueshadow said in Either TTK needs changing or hit reg... (video):

There are plenty of changes that I like: staged reloads/quick reload with mag dropping, some of the new attachements, doors, better pve, new grenade cooking mechanic, better particle effects, a whole new set of maps to explore, potentially better working matchmaking queues, better weapon variety, no AP/HP meta, gas masks, vaulting, ability to enter/exit windows, quick melee...

That's great! 🙂

But I would very much welcome TTK to get shorter instead of longer and semi auto to be more viable. If it takes 5-6 hits (after hitreg issues being fixed) to kill a dude I won't be able to enjoy the game in pvp and they'll have alienated one of the players who considers INS2014 the most fun PVP shooter by far. I don't think that's how you successfully "improve" upon an existing franchise.

I understand. I would probably consider 5-6 hits also too much in general, although it would probably depend on the weapon and what bodyparts are hit + armor. I'm yet to form my final opinion on TTK, because I feel other issues are causing frustrations to players when trying to take down an opponent at this moment.

But that's what beta is for. Testing and fixing.

I've been testing in the local play AI bot debug mode, the TTK is decent and is nothing like when playing online. If the bots have the same damage/health model as a player would then it's just a hit reg issue tied in with the still fast movement acceleration and animation transitions.

@jarple said in Either TTK needs changing or hit reg... (video):

If the bots have the same damage/health model as a player

Would love to get an official statement about this, because it potentially could make all tests done that way deceptive if it's not the same as in PVP.

We're currently looking at reports of hitreg issues and are discussing armour/ttk. We'll update you guys as we make progress.

@jazon_xd 5-6 hits with AKS against heavy armor is OK. Is probably about the same in Source if you don't use AP ammo

@jarple I see. It can't be done with a tenkeyless keyboard.

last edited by Slazenger