A general thread of where we are now

So, I figured id make a consolidated post of what few scraps of information we have. Anyone feel free to correct me on any points or add to them as well, so that we can keep this accurate

As of January 2018, the EE of the game is not released, has no target release date, and has had no information or clarification given, save that it is "still under development"

Community team has posted several responses that say very little, beyond the game still being under development

Community team is working on a "communication plan" which they anticipate will go into effect "early this year"

aside from that............... basically nothing

last edited by jb0809

I checked other Focus's forums and it appears Focus has some general issues with communications. For example, the Call of Cthulhu forum is super silent, yet this game was heavily advertised a while ago. But if you go on the PS4 games registry, you can find both Call of Cthulhu and Space labelled as "available".

https://www.playstation.com/en-ca/games/call-of-cthulhu-the-official-video-game-ps4/

https://www.playstation.com/en-ca/games/space-hulk-deathwing-ps4/

To this point, my guess would be the company is having some internal struggles or problems, which could explain their silent treatment. If I'm correct, let's hope they'll get on with it quickly and be back on track, with more complete and satisfying communications.

last edited by Samu

Maybe so, but without any information theres no way to know for sure.

As far as I can tell, these guys need to do a whole lot better than they're doing now to keep this afloat. Plenty of people still just want to have a playable game, and plenty more are waiting to have a chance to play it if/when it comes out on consoles. Thing is, in other places (mainly steam forums) people are starting to move on, and abandon the game altogether.

There are comments saying that after all of the non-communication and disrespect from focus they just don't want the game anymore and honestly? I don't blame them. The game may be good but from a company that treats its customers with this level of contempt? To some it just isn't worth it

@jb0809 said in A general thread of where we are now:

Maybe so, but without any information theres no way to know for sure.

As far as I can tell, these guys need to do a whole lot better than they're doing now to keep this afloat. Plenty of people still just want to have a playable game, and plenty more are waiting to have a chance to play it if/when it comes out on consoles. Thing is, in other places (mainly steam forums) people are starting to move on, and abandon the game altogether.

There are comments saying that after all of the non-communication and disrespect from focus they just don't want the game anymore and honestly? I don't blame them. The game may be good but from a company that treats its customers with this level of contempt? To some it just isn't worth it

I'm one of them, and I want my money back!

Luckily for me (despite Valve's refusal) I may be in the right.

https://www.accc.gov.au/media-release/valve-to-pay-3-million-in-penalties-for-misrepresenting-gamers-consumer-guarantee-rights

http://www.austlii.edu.au/cgi-bin/sinodisp/au/cases/cth/FCA/2016/196.html?stem=0&synonyms=0&query=title("2016 FCA 196")

http://www.austlii.edu.au/cgi-bin/viewdoc/au/cases/cth/FCAFC/2017/224.html?context=1;query=Valve;mask_path=

I implore ALL AUSTRALIANS WHO ARE UNHAPPY WITH THIS TO FOLLOW THIS UP!
To all non Australians, check your countries consumer laws.
They can't steam roll us all, hell if a little country like mine 'AUSTRALIA!' can hold Valve to task, imagine what a FEW NATIONS CAN DO?

I was also told that after the appeal loss in Australia, to contact America's FTC.

I asked what that would do considering I'm Australian and they basically don't really have consumer protection,
the man on the phone explained that AFTER THE APPEAL LOSS, the FTC might be very interested to listen since it means Valve is going against the law in OTHER COUNTRIES.

last edited by Sgt Snoke Em

Anything to declare?
2 weeks! 2 wweeekkkkssss! 2 wwwwweeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkssssssssss!

• 'tweaking' implies fine-tuning, as in nearly finished not severe delays.
    Understandably problems occur... though nothing's been clarified...

• 5th December '17 (retailers' release date) was changed to 27th March '18 in mid-November '17.
    So people have been left wondering/stressing since mid-November with no info...

• 'end of the year' or 'Q4 2017' advertised deadline is literally over 2 weeks ago!
    No PR acknowledgement to date...

• 'early this year' implies anywhere between January-March.
    Leaving customers dangling is very bad for business...

No PR acknowledgement on all the above issues to date... WHY?
Customers leaving out the door in droves, without a word... WHY?

Maybe they're not allowed to say anything, coz any PR with half a brain would have listened and replied to these points by now.

Focus Home Interactive, Open your mind!

@kommodore77 honestly theyre just killing their fanbase at this point tbh. its ridiculous

Avidly waiting on news myself, I'll be pretty grimmed out if they delay it once again. Been anticipating the PS4 release for nearly 4 years now.

you and I both. what worries me is that if we have to wait until "early this year" just to find out what this communication plan is, that can't bode well for the game's release

last edited by jb0809

Utter madness!?!!!!!?

I've been waiting for 4 years too brothers. I'd like to see this game be a success on console, but it'll probably be dead on arrival thanks to this grotesquely odd protracted PR evasion.
So dissapointed! Why destroy it all.... so many preorders cancelled... Why?!!

You maniacs!

Focus, Gaaawwwddd damnnnn youuu allll tooo helllllllll!!!!!!

More than one year aftert release, it´s official you are terrible DEVS doing games, you are the worst.

But write, that´s a thing that also kids 6 years old can do.

Why don´t you write a letter, explainning why you don´t release the EE.

And we want a long explanation, not only "we are pathetic as devs"

I can state it will be between when you read this and 1st of April.
There will be a official statement 1st of April.

When a certain species waits for something it reacts in a very species specific style.
This instructional video is for educational use only.
See if you recognize the different but individual approaches on the forums on this educational video.

Youtube Video

Where's the dog who feels Ignored, neglected, stressed, angry, lied to, ripped off... call the RSPCA!

last edited by Kommodore77

Why we can't have nice things

@mirolog said in A general thread of where we are now:

Why we can't have nice things

Because we do it wrong, we trust in Focus Interactive giving our money, and now they are laughing from us in our face.

EE was scheduled for the end of december, we are in the second quarter of January and they even didn´t write a letter to the fanbase...

I promise im going to tell everything and much more i all the forums i visit, to prevent players all the world of how FOCUS INTERACTIVE treat their customers.

not really sure about all that but it is an overall very frustrating situation.

It's made more frustrating when you see focus announcing DLC and release dates for other games while deathwing seems to have been left behind until they feel like acknowledging us again

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.