Blood & Gore hugely lackluster. Will you... EVER... reply to this?

I made a post months ago. Many other did. Reviews on steam highlighted this. Huge threads raged about this. And you've been 100 % silent. So here I go again... 1 final time hoping I can get through otherwise I'll give up and keep my money.

Are there plans to fix the gore? Will you be releasing gore DLC? That makes wounds appear on enemies? Dismeberment happen? For Blood Cauldron ability to actually make the exploded body parts REMAIN ON THE GROUND....

Are you gonna fix this total immersion breaker and ludacris design decision from the perspective of a VAMPIRE game in 2018. ?

Or are you just gonna keep the game the way it is and accept what comes?

Whats keeping me from playing this title is the bad combat. But not just because you ignored deflection, blocking, counter attacking and alike. No. I was prepared to NOT do this.

Because I figured at least the kills will be gory, monster like and satisfying.
99 % of them aren't, dont nod. I give 1 % to Blood Cauldron because I actually see body parts but the limbs dont even remain.

What the hell is going on? .... Can you please answer why you've either chosen not to make the gore more extensive (and realistic feeling. Its a pure slaughter yet bodies are always intact, clean and every kill feels Zzzzzzzzz ) Or... if its simply beyond your capabilities as a dev due to financial constraints or pegi rating?

Please give me answers. Because I was hyped about this game EVER SINCE you told us about it. I'm a mega vampire fan and enjoy this games story aspects. I love the writing and monologue.

But your combat.... ruins the entire experience. And some "story mode" where enemies are weak and ez wont fix that for reasons I've already stressed.

Can you please just tell me what happened? I dont even care at this point if the answer is " yeah its coming" or "No we chose not to" Just give us an answer as to why a 20 year old game called Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines has better gore than your vampire game in 2018.

You rarely ever reply here but I'll try. 1 final time otherwise just.... whatever.

Why is the blood and gore SO extremely lacking? Its a total dealbreaker for me considering its a vampire game and I hate this feeling.

Edit: I can see you BARELY get any messages at all on your forums. If you dont have time to reply to this, knowing there are barely any threads at all... that'll be staggering.

last edited by Vampfan666

Okay. 1 week as the only recent post on entire General Forum. No reply at all. Jesus, guys... very disappointing.

I dont get you, DontNod... this radio silence. Its a fucking vampire Game. And your game is utterly bloodless outside of biting cinematics. Upon using Blood Cauldron on low health enemies they blow up into small body parts but before these parts even land...they VANISH into thin air. Not even an F'ing spatter remaining where the dude that exploded stood.
No scarring after hitting and biting people in combat. No dismemberment, no bite marks on their necks in combat. Jesus... you can't even blame it on budget either since there are games that are pushing 15-20 years that have done this infinitely better. Because why wouldn't they? Vampire Genre.

This is unfathomly low effort design and you charge us full price when vampire games that are freaking almost 20 years old have done this better.

All I as well as many others SIMPLY wanted to know is "why... you didn't bother?" considering its a VAMPIRE game. Just why... your Vampire game is utterly devoid of blood in your forced combat. But no.

GG, DontNod... Design choice for reasons I would disagree with but understand. But this silence when your forums are almost completely dead?...And for MONTHS at that...

Okay then.

At least I have fond memories of Remember Me. A game where you actually put effort into the main activity of a video game = THE COMBAT.

last edited by Vampfan666

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.