I would really like to see blood bowl come to Nintendo Switch in 2019, and one day eventually, it would be awesome to see some kind of AR version using Windows 10 & HoloLens. Here are my thoughts on each.
Microsoft Windows 10 / HoloLens
- Game Modes: Windows 10 UWP (Xbox, PC, HoloLens) For HoloLens, it would include an option to play with a holographic board / pieces, no box set required. It should include online & local MP exhibition & seasons, single player exhibition & seasons. Customization options for uniforms, teams, etc. Also if you have the box set and play wearing the HoloLens, the holographic edition would complement the box set, providing animations, sound effects, and gameplay previews, score keeping, etc.
- Limitations: HoloLens and other A/R platforms do not have a massive user base yet, and the adoption rate is slow.
- The Nintendo Switch is a relatively new platform, however it is growing fast, they are selling at a greater rate than PS4/XBONE and will remain highly sought after well into 2018 due to a good launch schedule.
- Nintendo has supported cross play between PC / Microsoft.
- Game Modes: Single player, local & online MP, tabletop mode.
- Limitations: Small screen may be a challenge for tabletop mode.
I would like to hear others thoughts on this subject. If I had to pick one of the other, I think the HoloLens development would be the better option. As you would have 3 products covered under 1 set of code.